Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 PBA Commissioner's Cup

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    As discussed before, Pinoys dont watch much of the regular season unless its important game and popular ballclubs playing.
    because it is PBA. it does not have a home-and-away format like many leagues around the world so the focus is on popular teams. when we went regional like the MBA and MPBL, you see the jampacked crowds during regular season. it is just that the sustainability of regional leagues is what keeps PBA to continue to exist. yun lang yun. try go regional and you'll see people really follow the updates of their beloved city or provincial team.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    because it is PBA. it does not have a home-and-away format like many leagues around the world so the focus is on popular teams. when we went regional like the MBA and MPBL, you see the jampacked crowds during regular season. it is just that the sustainability of regional leagues is what keeps PBA to continue to exist. yun lang yun. try go regional and you'll see people really follow the updates of their beloved city or provincial team.
    Kaya yan home and away eh basta multiple coveror pba may untv may tv5 at gma halos di na problema live dahil sa fb at youtube it isnt mba 20 years ago that folded quality lang talaga tingin ko 16 teams lang dapat
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Kaya yan home and away eh basta multiple coveror pba may untv may tv5 at gma halos di na problema live dahil sa fb at youtube it isnt mba 20 years ago that folded quality lang talaga tingin ko 16 teams lang dapat
    I think FB and YouTube Livestreams are underrated. Tons of people watch basketball in these apps. I dunno if they can survive on these alone though

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I see smb will get an import that is super role player ala Blakely or freeman.. they don't need scoring import because they have Perez and Romeo to do that...
    I doubt that, based on SMB's history of getting high-scoring imports, even with a stacked team.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I doubt that, based on SMB's history of getting high-scoring imports, even with a stacked team.
    Yup, agree. Hope they tap Elijah Millsap.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Yup, agree. Hope they tap Elijah Millsap.
    That was before.. but with Romeo and Perez in the team.. they don't need scoring import . They obviously lacked at 4 spot (arwind position).. AS29 is too old already to catch up.. if they pick a scoring import, Perez and Romeo touches will be limited and will still the same just like what happened in Des wells era last 2019... They should hire a younger version of Blakely or Gabe Freeman...

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    can a home and away format earn in terms of TV revenue in our country where there is weak regional TV channels/coverage? The small market NBA teams in a sense still earn because of their local tv markets, though the big money is national syndication by TNT or ESPN and to a lesser extent NBA TV and NBA League pass. Though I agree that ticket sales will be up if the PBA will either play more provincial games or implement a home-away format.

Wait I thought MPBL tickets are free?
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I think FB and YouTube Livestreams are underrated. Tons of people watch basketball in these apps. I dunno if they can survive on these alone though
    nope for now tahts why you need the tv network for now..

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    can a home and away format earn in terms of TV revenue in our country where there is weak regional TV channels/coverage? The small market NBA teams in a sense still earn because of their local tv markets, though the big money is national syndication by TNT or ESPN and to a lesser extent NBA TV and NBA League pass. Though I agree that ticket sales will be up if the PBA will either play more provincial games or implement a home-away format.

free or at minimal amount at most.. I consider 100 as minimal amount..karamihan pa diyan bata ng pulitiko..

Almost all the cities in Greater Manila area have arenas now, binan has one sta rosa has one, Lipa has one, batangas city even dasmarinas and calamba will be having one soon.. add to that the existing mini gymnasiums like in bacoor Imus do have that is almost as big as arenas used in b league..

Kung tutuusin kaya pero mas nangingibabaw ang ligang labas economy see mavs.. theye are small time ball players but they receive what amount na..
    Last edited by reamily; 10-20-2021 at 05:20 PM.

With 1st window of group A are now postponed to February next year.. I think gilas cadets should join pba 2nd conference if it start later next month (if it is finalize).. so that they still in game shape coming into 2nd window.. 9 gilas PBA cadets plus kouame, baltazar, tamayo, Dave ildelfonso, RJ and SJ (they can include geo Chiu also) will be possible line up.. playing against seasoned PBA professional players are good gear up for next upcoming FIBA qualifier windows...

With 1st window of group A are now postponed to February next year.. I think gilas cadets should join pba 2nd conference if it start later next month (if it is finalize).. so that they still in game shape coming into 2nd window.. 9 gilas PBA cadets plus kouame, baltazar, tamayo, Dave ildelfonso, RJ and SJ (they can include geo Chiu also) will be possible line up.. playing against seasoned PBA professional players are good gear up for next upcoming FIBA qualifier windows...
    They might just do a training camp in Europe or somewhere else. I want these boys to stay away from the PBA as much as possible.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 RdO
    ➡️ Carl Tamayo :: 6'8 Pingris ➡️ ??? :: 6'2 Castro ➡️ CJ Perez (?) :: 6'7 Chan ➡️ Justine Baltazar :: 6'2 Alapag ➡️ ???

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    They might just do a training camp in Europe or somewhere else. I want these boys to stay away from the PBA as much as possible.
    Training camps are not available later end of year because most of the camps are already booked by the professional ball clubs, It's already professional basketball season all over the world.. I don't know what Tab will be his mind but playing in the PBA this coming import conference is a good idea.. especially for guys like Baltazar, Tamayo, Navarro because they need to face regularly wing import guys likes of Brownlee, McDaniels, Harris, etc... We are badly beaten by Dominican Rep. due to their athletic guards and wings.. It will be a good series of tune up for Gilas playing against very good imports in the PBA...

Thats why in the latest valuation of NBA Franchises, Perennial losers NY Knicks is more valuable than the LA Lakers, GS Warriors, Boston Celtics, and everybody else. Simply because their TV market is huge...NY, NJ, CT..thats like almost 7 million TV homes according to Nielsen Ratings and many viewers are of the Class A, B and C.

I believe, like what reamily posted, there are still teams that collect fees from watching the games.

In a post I created that is dedicated to this topic, I stated that big cities and provinces with close proximity to one another are the ones that should have teams. I consider city or province big when the population is more than 1.5 million. For me, leagues should be composed of few but big provinces/cities close to one another (Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Rizal, Bulacan, Pampanga, Manila, QC). Yung tipong bus lang yung biyahe (obviously, for logistics reasons).
    Last edited by ja.he; 10-30-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

All-Filipino's done. SMB can be favorites again, given that they only need a wing import to complete their roster. However, Ginebra and TNT likewise only need wing imports for their roster, as they're complete from the guard and big positions.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    All-Filipino's done. SMB can be favorites again, given that they only need a wing import to complete their roster. However, Ginebra and TNT likewise only need wing imports for their roster, as they're complete from the guard and big positions.
    Favorites on paper.. but I don't think it will results to wins.. their veterans are too old already.. and their coach is tactically immatured despite his loaded stars in his team.. TNT will be favorites here because they are coming to a championship and they might hiring a very good import.. ginebra will be back due to brownlee, ROS might be the dark horse.. I think they should get scoring import.. they lack scorer last AFC..

Favorites on paper.. but I don't think it will results to wins.. their veterans are too old already.. and their coach is tactically immatured despite his loaded stars in his team.. TNT will be favorites here because they are coming to a championship and they might hiring a very good import.. ginebra will be back due to brownlee, ROS might be the dark horse.. I think they should get scoring import.. they lack scorer last AFC..
    Yeah, RoS is totally crap on offense. Agree that they do need a scoring import.

As for SMB, they can't seem to translate their All-Filipino dominance to the import conferences. Puzzling, really. May height limit na nga't lahat, e. Still, they won THREE out of the last 10 import conferences. That's underachieving, if you ask me. If you can dominate in the All-Filipino, dapat mas lalo kapag import-laden. Pero regarding their age, they have 27yo Perez and 29yo Romeo, which is a pretty nice young core to build around. Problem is, they are in serious need of young forwards.

Brownlee's the missing link to this Ginebra roster, this time with regards to spacing. He's the final piece to Ginebra, really. Caperal might have trouble finding minutes with him around.

I hate to say this but honestly, think the recent PBA Philippine Cup was an adjustment for SMB with new player CJ Perez. As time goes on, I expect SMB to get better as Perez will get more assimilated with SMB's system. Also that Junmar Fajardo will be better recovered from his injury & long lay off as time goes by.

I hate SMB but I will never underestimate that team. Remember that SMB pushed eventual 2012 Philippine Cup champion TNT into a game 7 semis series. That's how potent the flagship team of the evil empire.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

meralco enlist former NBa lottery pick and timberwolves player Shabazz Mohammed as their import as per PBA Rish FB page
    Ducks fly together!

So, here are the following, apart from MERALCO and Shabazz:

Magnolia: Mike Harris
    Phoenix: Paul Harris

So far, pretty good imports. Might as well compensate for the height limit by taking talented imports.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast