No announcement yet.

2021-22 PBA Commissioner's Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everybody gonna ignore the fact that NP almost let the clock run out when they were just down by 1 point during Alaska's last possession? IIRC, those NP guys were just standing in the court and not chasing after the ballhandler from Alaska. Kinda fishy if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
      Is everybody gonna ignore the fact that NP almost let the clock run out when they were just down by 1 point during Alaska's last possession? IIRC, those NP guys were just standing in the court and not chasing after the ballhandler from Alaska. Kinda fishy if you ask me.
      I give them a benefit of the doubt on not fouling quickly. In the backcourt, they try to trap but Alaska was fast enough to pass the ball until Bolick fouled. But can't defend the decision of Bolick to jack up a Half-court shot with 3 secs left. Especially he was leaning forward and can dribble closer for a normal jump shot like what he did in his last game, the last conference against SMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
        I give them a benefit of the doubt on not fouling quickly. In the backcourt, they try to trap but Alaska was fast enough to pass the ball until Bolick fouled. But can't defend the decision of Bolick to jack up a Half-court shot with 3 secs left. Especially he was leaning forward and can dribble closer for a normal jump shot like what he did in his last game, the last conference against SMB.
        Hmm, I don't know. But from what I saw, there was a lull on that NP defensive sequence, wasted like around 8 seconds that's why I was shouting at the TV for them foul, lol.

I agree about Bolick's bad decision, though. He could've have gotten a little closer on that last shot.

Comment

• I believe that this is the time that PBA should fuse commissioner's and governor's cup. Just make the import-laced conference reinforced by two imports with aggregate height of 410 cm.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• Henry Walker plays like a 6'5 overweight Blatche

Comment

• As for Bolick’s late game antics, I see some some semblance of insecurity there. Arwind came in like a house on fire and Bolick for his part had a so-so performance. In a desperate attempt to prove he is the man in Northport, he ended up a laughingstock.

Kudos to Santos for taking the initiative to appease Bolick. This drama goes as soon as the two forms a bond and Bolick starts viewing Santos as a teammate rather than a threat.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                Henry Walker plays like a 6'5 overweight Blatche
                Even McDaniels was out of shape. With this pandemic, I expect a lot of players to be far from a hundred percent.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                  Even McDaniels was out of shape. With this pandemic, I expect a lot of players to be far from a hundred percent.
                  Well, I watched B.League, NBL, KBL and T1 League. The players there, including imports, look in game shape. Maybe because imports are there from the start and they have pre-season tournaments to warm them up.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    Well, I watched B.League, NBL, KBL and T1 League. The players there, including imports, look in game shape. Maybe because imports are there from the start and they have pre-season tournaments to warm them up.
                    Idk about the others but BLeague has been going on for quite some time now, which means players have played themselves into game shape at this point. It’s a far cry really at the shape these imports are in. Even this guy Bond and Alaska’s Ashaolu looks heavy. We don’t know if these are their playing weights but I’m guessing they’d be shedding off some excess baggage as the tournament progresses.

Comment

McDaniels' explosive jab steps & ridicolous athleticism that he had displayed the last time he played in the PBA with TNT were not there last night. Its either he is out of shape or is favoring an injury.

Good thing NLEX still won over SMB.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Idk about the others but BLeague has been going on for quite some time now, which means players have played themselves into game shape at this point. It’s a far cry really at the shape these imports are in. Even this guy Bond and Alaska’s Ashaolu looks heavy. We don’t know if these are their playing weights but I’m guessing they’d be shedding off some excess baggage as the tournament progresses.
                        B.League season started last September 30, KBL started October 9, NBL started last week while T1 League started last November 27.

The thing is they brought their foreign reinforcements early and conducted pre-season matches. Also, unlike PBA, these leagues have a very long regular season to further adjust.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                          McDaniels' explosive jab steps & ridicolous athleticism that he had displayed the last time he played in the PBA with TNT were not there last night. Its either he is out of shape or is favoring an injury.

Good thing NLEX still won over SMB.
                          I expect McDaniels to be in better shape after a handful of games. He’s 28, relatively young by today’s standards.

Comment

• From Twitter

PBA insider
                            He does look bigger than his height but it's quite amazing Jaylen Bond got away being listed at 6'8 when he officially measured in at around 6'5.
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              From Twitter

PBA insider
                              He does look bigger than his height but it's quite amazing Jaylen Bond got away being listed at 6'8 when he officially measured in at around 6'5.
                              Wikipedia, realgm and even the gleague's official page lists him at 6'8, while ESPN lists him at 6'7,wtf?.

Comment

• Great start by ROS with their dynamic duo of Nambatac and Mocon, each scoring 16 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information