Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 PBA Commissioner's Cup

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Past his prime Haddadi would still dominate our in prime locals.. nad he's got loads of fans in the Philippines. He's a recognizable player. He'd be good for marketing at least.
    I think both Junmar & Greg would still find a 36-year old Hamed Hadadi a real tough customer inside the shaded lane to say the least.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

I don't expect any development for our locals if we keep these height restrictions for imports in. Last time Commissioner's cup import height limit was 6'9. Ngayon 6'6 nalang. Paurong ang PBA. I also don't buy the salaries and 'height limit are more exciting'. Seems like some teams are getting coddled while other teams with no bigs will find themselves playing 6-5 to 6-6 players as centers yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    Should have been 6'10" for this year's AFC playoff teams and then unlimited height for the cellar dwellers.
    Yeah.. atleast make some parity between powerhouse teams and cellar dwelling teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    I don't expect any development for our locals if we keep these height restrictions for imports in. Last time Commissioner's cup import height limit was 6'9. Ngayon 6'6 nalang. Paurong ang PBA. I also don't buy the salaries and 'height limit are more exciting'. Seems like some teams are getting coddled while other teams with no bigs will find themselves playing 6-5 to 6-6 players as centers yet again.
    Adding tall imports while JF is recovering and Ginebra is having chemistry issues with CS would have disastrous effects to SMC teams..

And Terrafirma just signed a "hulkling" 6'3 import. You know these guys are just here to tank for SMC.

How will 2nd conference starts? They will play again on Pasig or another semi-bubble in Pampanga? I don't know how Kume (and Long Hair) will execute this 2nd conference.. Especially the games will run until holidays and i don't think players will agree with this semi-bubble in Holiday season.. Why Kume (and Long Hair) forcing to have an another conference? Mas OK if they will do that next year, atleast mass vaccination is already in reach.. Lalo lang malulugi PBA sa kagag*h*n nila...

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    A positive I might glean from this is that some teams will be able to play small ball. Thing is, all SMC teams will have the versatility, whether playing a traditional lineup or a small-ball lineup. A 6'5"-6'6" wing may play as a 3 or a small-ball 4.

The SMC teams, Ginebra, NorthPort, TNT, and TerraFirma (until the post that said they signed a 6'3" import) will potentially benefit from being able to play both big and small lineups.

Ang lugi dito, teams like MERALCO and probably Phoenix, both of whom desperately need size to compete. But let's see if they really need the size.

And Terrafirma just signed a "hulkling" 6'3 import. You know these guys are just here to tank for SMC.
    To be fair, Khapri Alston had a decent conference with them. i think he can also help with the development of Gabayni and Laput. Kesa maghanap ng iba na hindi pa certain kung pasok sa system.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    To be fair, Khapri Alston had a decent conference with them. i think he can also help with the development of Gabayni and Laput. Kesa maghanap ng iba na hindi pa certain kung pasok sa system.
    Alston pala, e. He was a great player for TerraFirma last time. And yes, he does fit the definition of hulking.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    should have just made the All-filipino cup a double/triple round robin tournament (though as per PBA's thinking, no money with elim/regular season games)
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    should have just made the All-filipino cup a double/triple round robin tournament (though as per PBA's thinking, no money with elim/regular season games)
    No money because they don't try to conduct more out-of-town games. When Buddy Encarnado was the chairman of the board of governors from 2004-2007 I think, two days were reserved for out of town games - thursday and saturday and those were double headers.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    A positive I might glean from this is that some teams will be able to play small ball. Thing is, all SMC teams will have the versatility, whether playing a traditional lineup or a small-ball lineup. A 6'5"-6'6" wing may play as a 3 or a small-ball 4.

The SMC teams, Ginebra, NorthPort, TNT, and TerraFirma (until the post that said they signed a 6'3" import) will potentially benefit from being able to play both big and small lineups.

Ang lugi dito, teams like MERALCO and probably Phoenix, both of whom desperately need size to compete. But let's see if they really need the size.
    I see Phoenix will tap again Eugene Phelps.. good import but he's already scouted...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I see Phoenix will tap again Eugene Phelps.. good import but he's already scouted...
    Phelps is currently in the B.League.

Go signal from government? more like pending "sanction fee" to be paid by pba to the government..

PBA and Uaap must be creative now as fans can go back but definitely no more shouting et. al (thats why japan able to have audience kasi natural silang tahimik hahah.. the use of props and phone speakers to cheer should be think of..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Go signal from government? more like pending "sanction fee" to be paid by pba to the government..

PBA and Uaap must be creative now as fans can go back but definitely no more shouting et. al (thats why japan able to have audience kasi natural silang tahimik hahah.. the use of props and phone speakers to cheer should be think of..
    Maingay lang kapag nasa kwarto. Haha

Trans: Japanese people are noisy when sleeping.

I was wondering why PBA is not comtemplating of reducing their tournaments into one. Once the pandemic is gone, they should.

- 40 regular season games per team
    - four playdates per week (double header)
    - two playdates for double header out-of-town games (PBA circa 2004-07)
    - 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 will play for the best of three play-in round. Winners will take the last two playoff spots.
    - 7-7-7 playoff format
    - one world import of unlimited height
    - one asian import/naturalized/resident foreigner of unlimited height
    - champions will go to the FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup
    - 2nd, 3rd and 4th placers will head to the EASL

I know that PBA lacks the creativeness but still. It's free to dream of something good.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    hmmm. i dont think they are that weak in correlation to the pba league. ( I mean with 2 or 3 farm teams, it is easy to at least make the palyoffs).

Meralco is middle tier

But obviously, they do not have the pieces to compete against powerhouse teams.

EXCEPT if they have Allen Durham to carry them.
    Good observation. That's why they really need to nail their import selection as it's a good way to increase their talent level.
    They also need size. Other than Almazan, their bigs are 6'5"-6'4". That really hurt them when faced against Ian Sangalang and Rafi Reavis.

If only there wasn't an import height limit this coming conference...

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    They also need size. Other than Almazan, their bigs are 6'5"-6'4". That really hurt them when faced against Ian Sangalang and Rafi Reavis.

If only there wasn't an import height limit this coming conference...
    Meralco should've got Troy Rike rather than Pasaol in the recent draft...

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I was wondering why PBA is not comtemplating of reducing their tournaments into one. Once the pandemic is gone, they should.

- 40 regular season games per team
    - four playdates per week (double header)
    - two playdates for double header out-of-town games (PBA circa 2004-07)
    - 7 v 10 and 8 v 9 will play for the best of three play-in round. Winners will take the last two playoff spots.
    - 7-7-7 playoff format
    - one world import of unlimited height
    - one asian import/naturalized/resident foreigner of unlimited height
    - champions will go to the FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup
    - 2nd, 3rd and 4th placers will head to the EASL

I know that PBA lacks the creativeness but still. It's free to dream of something good.
    As discussed before, Pinoys dont watch much of the regular season unless its important game and popular ballclubs playing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast