2021-22 PBA Commissioner's Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    PBA height limit for imports is set at 6'6.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...HuHIQdKI_PqUw8
    I don't get the height limit. Yes, the best imports aren't necessarily the tallest, but some teams need both talent and size to be able to even have a fighting chance of competing against the teams that already have size.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
      I don't get the height limit. Yes, the best imports aren't necessarily the tallest, but some teams need both talent and size to be able to even have a fighting chance of competing against the teams that already have size.
      I guess based on Marketing research, imports in this height limit are more exciting to fans. From 90s till today, who are the most recognized imports. Arent those who are at this height range.

Comment

Originally posted by zairex View Post
        I guess based on Marketing research, imports in this height limit are more exciting to fans. From 90s till today, who are the most recognized imports. Arent those who are at this height range.
        Well, the fans particularly like Brownlee. I mean, I do too, 'm a Ginebra fan (and extremely grateful to him for ending that kangkong spell). As for recognizable imports, tama naman, most of them are around the 6'5"-6'8" range.

Pero for me, that height limit would make sense, if teams can turn their imports into small-ball fours. Or, if they already have small-ball fours, then the import will be a small-ball five.

I dunno, just also concerned about the local bigs, who are both tall (6'6"-6'8") and talented. I don't want them to be stuck playing center, I want them to be able to play 4 like Mo, Sangalang, Troy, JDV, probably Caperal.

Comment

Actually, there are lots of 6'7-6'9 players as exciting as 6'5-6'6 players. Renaldo Balkman, Ansu Sesay, and Tony Lang are some of the exciting players in this range.
          Last edited by Jackie Reaper; 10-10-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Well, the fans particularly like Brownlee. I mean, I do too, 'm a Ginebra fan (and extremely grateful to him for ending that kangkong spell). As for recognizable imports, tama naman, most of them are around the 6'5"-6'8" range.

Pero for me, that height limit would make sense, if teams can turn their imports into small-ball fours. Or, if they already have small-ball fours, then the import will be a small-ball five.

I dunno, just also concerned about the local bigs, who are both tall (6'6"-6'8") and talented. I don't want them to be stuck playing center, I want them to be able to play 4 like Mo, Sangalang, Troy, JDV, probably Caperal.
            Probably because the good tall imports are harder to find than the shorter ones. I mean Adam Parada's , PJ Ramos' style of play isn't exactly exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Probably because the good tall imports are harder to find than the shorter ones. I mean Adam Parada's , PJ Ramos' style of play isn't exactly exciting.
              But why the height limit? It honestly should be left to the discretion of the teams, not enforced as a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                Or just PBA (and Long Hair) want to protect Junmar and most of the bigs not to be embarrassed against bigger and skilled imports.. That's why our bigs are stagnant especially playing international basketball...
                Possibility. I don't exactly remember but how did JF and SMC's bigs fared against imports around their size?

Comment

Well JF was able to score a lot on Jones on post-ups. But Jones made a lot of basket on perimeter and drives which JF cant defend

Comment

Aside from, JF, CS, and Greg, most big men have decent outside shot. But you can always play 4 out system. I don't particulate like 5 out plays because of the lower chance of an offensive rebound. Thou in NBA right now they rather go back to defense than getting offensive rebounds.

Comment

But why the height limit? It honestly should be left to the discretion of the teams, not enforced as a rule.
                      Pricing, taller players are more expensive.

Comment

Aside from, JF, CS, and Greg, most big men have decent outside shot. But you can always play 4 out system. I don't particulate like 5 out plays because of the lower chance of an offensive rebound. Thou in NBA right now they rather go back to defense than getting offensive rebounds.
                        Small ball in both big positions doesn't always mean 5 out. One of the small-ball bigs can position himself inside, ala Draymond Green.

Comment

There are imports are cheaper but can be a great imports.. example is Haddadi.. He's better than most of American imports but a lot cheaper than those Western imports..
                          Lol he will be cheaper because he is past his prime.

Comment

Still effective thou... Even at his advance age, He's still doing well in CBA.. I still bet him over all of our bigs in the PBA...
                            Past his prime Haddadi would still dominate our in prime locals.. nad he's got loads of fans in the Philippines. He's a recognizable player. He'd be good for marketing at least.

Comment

Should have been 6'10" for this year's AFC playoff teams and then unlimited height for the cellar dwellers.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information