Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    hahahah ridiculous

pao managament and fans should carry refrees on their shoulders tonight. they destroyed the game!
    Two of the unsportsmanlike were correct, the last one on Booker is divisive but FB player were just too stupid.

Behind that ugly and stupid face of Booker is hidden even more stupid brain.

Pao deserved to win and refs have nothing with that. 3 unsp fouls without any reason in that moment

Kalinic is the real deal for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    MTA struggling on offense...Seems like they really miss Dorsey and Bryant....Those guys fit in with the offensive approach they were running in recent years.....
    Rather I would say Jones and Bryant, not Dorsey. Considering that Evans and Taylor are null till now. This isn't yet an euroleague team, let's keep the positive factor (Lessort) and wait for the others. But Taylor should be replaced immediately, today he didn't play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Behind that ugly and stupid face of Booker is hidden even more stupid brain.

Pao deserved to win and refs have nothing with that. 3 unsp fouls without any reason in that moment
    I saw a very lazy team and I don't now the reason. 50% of Pana's passion would have been sufficient to Fener to win easily.

i dont remember when was the last time referees called unsportsmanlike foul when two teams are so close in points. sorry but they definitely changed the game! anyways we kept panathinaikos in the game because of the mistakes we made. really weird.

Fenerbahçe İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Kalinic is the real deal for our team.
    Kalinic is probably the most versatile forward in the league. Shooting is still a problem, but he elevated his game so much to become even a great facilitator. His stat sheet is just full of good numbers.

I won lot of money thanks to PAO. Thanks to my Greek friends! I love you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Spittifiz View Post
    i dont remember when was the last time referees called unsportsmanlike foul when two teams are so close in points. sorry but they definitely changed the game!
    I don't agree. You can't punch player after harsh boxing out and expect from refs to save your ass. It's classic stupidity of the player.

BTW we would probably lose even with regular foul, with just 3 seconds to go. Guduric unsp foul made crutial damage imo

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Rather I would say Jones and Bryant, not Dorsey. Considering that Evans and Taylor are null till now. This isn't yet an euroleague team, let's keep the positive factor (Lessort) and wait for the others. But Taylor should be replaced immediately, today he didn't play at all.
    Dorsey ran hot and cold like a lot of 3 point shooters do, but he could get hot and change games for you......Some people frown upon that sort of hero ball but that was the way they ran a lot of their offense in recent years in the games i watched.....High ball screen to get a bit of separation and just let er rip......They were having an awesome year 2 years ago before the league shut down.....

We need to get mikemaccabifan in here to settle this..Lol

The unsporting fouls were all correct. Fener commited suicide in Athens tonight. I've never seen anything like it. Dumb plays.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Its hard to call PAO and Zalgiris EL teams.
    None of them will be the last, so what is your point? Fourth of euroleague somehow are not euroleague teams?

You realize level of euroleague team os the level of 1-18 teqms, not the level of 1-12 teams or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    None of them will be the last, so what is your point? Fourth of euroleague somehow are not euroleague teams?

You realize level of euroleague team os the level of 1-18 teqms, not the level of 1-12 teams or whatever.
    Alba, PAO and Zalgiris are the bottom three teams of Euroleague game wise.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post

It's Halloween already.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

To me it's incredible that people are saying that foul of Booker is not unsportsmanlike. This is elementary not knowing the BASIC rules of the game. Experts...

FIBA rules 37.1.1. (unsportsmanlike fouls)

• Contact by the defensive player on an opponent on the playing court when the
    game clock shows 2:00 minutes or less in the fourth quarter and in each overtime,
    when the ball is out-of-bounds for a throw-in and still in the hands of the referee
    or at the disposal of the player taking the throw-in.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post

"I feel devotion."

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Alba, PAO and Zalgiris are the bottom three teams of Euroleague game wise.
    So you meant that it is hard to call them top 15 EL teams.
    As 16, 17 and 18 are also euroleague teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    To me it's incredible that people are saying that foul of Booker is not unsportsmanlike. This is elementary not knowing the BASIC rules of the game. Experts...

FIBA rules 37.1.1. (unsportsmanlike fouls)

• Contact by the defensive player on an opponent on the playing court when the
    game clock shows 2:00 minutes or less in the fourth quarter and in each overtime,
    when the ball is out-of-bounds for a throw-in and still in the hands of the referee
    or at the disposal of the player taking the throw-in.
    You should bring the EL rules I guess to support your statment...
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    You should bring the EL rules I guess to support your statment...
    Fair point.
    Euroleague just provides bylaws where there is no exception to the basic FIBA rule(s). Otherwise the rules are the same.
    The bylaws are more a regulation for the officiating table than for the officiating crew (=referees).

A good example for that is that in FIBA stepping on the out of bounds line during out of bounds play is called technical foul in last two minutes and same goes for EL (because there is no exception in the bylaw). Only major exception categorized in the bylaw is the Euroleague challenge possibility. Also Djordjevic yesterday couldn't challenge the unsportsmanlike foul - but he could (and did) challenge the foul as a foul. Foul was approved (because cleare). So automatically unsportsmanlike.

Note that last appendix for unsportsmanlike foul was generated by FIBA in 2018-19 and immediately adopted by EL refs:
    Quote:
    Turkish Airlines EuroLeague and 7DAYS EuroCup players, coaches and fans will be greeted by a number of rule changes, which have been introduced for the new season in the FIBA Official Basketball Rules.

Maybe you remember the beginning of the 2018-19 season where travel calls and unsportsmanlike fouls became so common in beginning of local championships so that refs needed time to adopt it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast