21/22 season - Serbian players around the globe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21/22 season - Serbian players around the globe

Considering all domestic leagues are underway, including Euroleague, and also NBA about to start, this might be appropriate thread to keep track of Serbian players around the globe.

I'll start with a player I think could have an important role for NT in upcoming competitions - Jaramaz. Scored 26 points vs Bamberg, shooting 6/6 from three.

Comment

I just wanted to write the same. I saw game, it was broadcasted on Sport Klub yesterday. Really amazing performance, great defense and I remebered what you wrote after Maccabi-Bayern during the game. You were absolutely right. Trinchieri forced him to attack, be aggressive, try to score, he cheered every time Jare went for a drive. When he feels comfortable and "arrives" in Munich he will have big impact, he is way too got player to not make it. By the way Jaramaz and Walden 12/12 from 3 combined - I don't remember such a stat from two starting guards ever in any league.

Comment

Posetite naš sajt: http://www.kkcrvenazvezda.rsPostanite fan naše Facebook stranice: http://www.facebook.com/kkcrvenazvezdaPratite naš Twitter profil:https:/...

Really good game of Kalinic tonight.

Comment

What a nice performance from Radanov vs Zvezda - 14p, 4r, 7a, 3s...if he improves his 3 point shot he can be a really good two way player. A really nice playmaking forward. Why there wasn't more patience for him at Zvezda, it's not like they are bursting with talent on forward position.

Comment

Novak continues with very good games in Spain. He is leading ACB in assists. Most importantly with just 1,2TO per game combined with it. I always liked this player and hope he'll get a call for November windows.

Comment

Dušan Ristić with 25 points against Real (5/8 2p, 5/6 3p). Playing a really fine season so far and should be in EL next season. Loved him in Arizona and always believed he went under radar in Serbia. Speaking about centers we have the best development in the world.

Also another good game of Joca Novak in same game, 12p, 5as. I expect both on roster for national team gathering next week.

Comment

Pesic announced his first squad for NT windows (Latvia home, Belgium away).

Vasilije Micić, Filip Petrušev (Efes), Ognjen Jaramaz (Bajern Minhen), Jovan Novak, Dušan Ristić (Fuenlabrada), Miloš Teodosić (Virtus Bolonja), Nikola Rebić (Miteldojčer), Nemanja Nedović (Panatinaikos), Vanja Marinković (Baskonija), Dragan Apić (Zelena gora), Dalibor Ilić (Igokea), Aleksa Radanov (Igokea), Balša Koprivica, Aleksa Avramović, Uroš Trifunović, Nemanja Dangubić, Rade Zagorac, Alen Smailagić (Partizan), Aleksa Uskoković, Ognjen Dobrić, Dejan Davidovac (Crvena zvezda), Nikola Jović, Nikola Đurišić (Mega) i Marko Jagodić Kuridža (Budućnost Voli).

No Kalinic, Milutinov, Lucic, Andjusic and Guduric. Other than that pretty solid roster for that window. I'm curious who can participate.

Comment

The most exciting feature about this window is promotion of some high level prospects who might become very important for our NT in the near future, especially considering that we are getting a bit old on some positions and really need to start thinking about future. In that sense, debuts of Jovic, Djurisic, Smailagic, Koprivica and some other players that already played like Ilic and Radanov (both improving and playing well) are very welcome and this experience could mean a lot to them.

Comment

We might get to see a debut of 17 y.o. Djurisic and I can't remember the last time we had someone that young making a debut for NT. I cheer for Pesic to make a bald move like that. I think that Djurisic, Jovic, Smailagic, Ilic and Radanov should all be on the roster if there will be no Euroleague players. That would be so fun to watch.

Comment

Agree. Anyways, will be a hard dance against Latvia with their 35 3p attempts without EL players. But in Belgrade a win should be the goal. Belgium will be another story as we will have significantly better team.

Comment

Best game from Jovic so far this season vs decent Eurocup level team Cedevita. He displayed all around game flirting with triple double - 16p, 9r, 7a, 2b. After struggling a little bit with physicality of senior basketball and FG efficiency early in the season, he is adjusting and clearly feels more comfortable each game.

Smailagic is a real energetic bomb, might be the best Partizan player so far this season. Decent shooting, ability to put the ball on floor and just nasty finishing once he gets around his defender. Watching Smailagic and Jovic in the same lineup in NT next week might be really exciting, that kind of running and motor will be fun to watch. Hopefully, Djurisic will get a spot too. Had some really nice games vs Zvezda and Buducnost last couple of weeks, showing off his talent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0SGYEIv-A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDFUDyvpmJE

Forgot to mention Vukcevic as he is using every chance and minutes he gets with Real. So far he is projecting to be a stretch PF with ability to move well on defense. That alone will get him a serious role in Euroleague basketball, not to mention that Laso absolutely loves those kind of players like Randolph and Thompkins, and it seems he is modeling Vukcevic after their skill sets. Has to get stronger obviously, but we'll see what else can he bring to his skill set, his shooting stroke is looking really fluid and fairly quick. With that kind of shooting stroke and size he will be able to pull off his shot against almost everyone, which will probably enable him to work on some tricks around mid range zone, improve shot making ability and definitely use mismatches back to the basket. Bjelica, for example, never used his size to pound smaller guys in the post, Vukcevic should definitely look to add post game especially in mismatch situations in the post. Has to take a full advantage of his shooting touch, size and terrific frame.
                        Last edited by Serbian_Layup; 11-21-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

It's really funny when you think about Jokic, Jovic, Vukcevic, Pokusevski, Petrusev, Smailagic. Quite a handful of talent at 5-4 positions (maybe Jovic and Poku reaching 3 position even to some extent). Do I miss some NBA prospect? That's really impressive.
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            It's really funny when you think about Jokic, Jovic, Vukcevic, Pokusevski, Petrusev, Smailagic. Quite a handful of talent at 5-4 positions (maybe Jovic and Poku reaching 3 position even to some extent). Do I miss some NBA prospect? That's really impressive.
                            It's exciting to think about it, but outside of Jokic all of them are still a long shot and it's hard to predict what level they can reach. I think Jovic is a clear NBA prospect whose shot making ability with all around game makes him interesting to a lot of NBA teams. Might be better for him to stay here for another season in some Euroleague level team to get more games and experience.

Pokusevski is another 2-3 years away before we know what we have in him. Body transformation is a hard and slow process in his case, so it will take some time. Improving outside shot is a priority though, and he is still learning basketball. Jovic and Poku are playing almost exclusively as SF so far this season, and I think that's where they are most comfortable.

As for Vukcevic, Smailagic and Petrusev, I think they are Euroleague level players. If Vukcevic adds shot creation to his game that will make him an NBA prospect. Smailagic could return to NBA, he's got a really interesting offensive skill set as a PF or C in some small ball lineups. He is great as a rim runner, can do damage in pick&pop sets, shooting will help him a lot with pump faking and attacking closeuts if opponents have to respect his shot and once he is able to pull off a dribble move, you better get out of his way, he is going for a highlight dunk. His biggest flaw is a bit slow footwork when isolated on the perimeter and kind of wild energy that he needs to channel, but will come with experience, Obradovic might have a big influence here.

Petrusev is a Euroleague level player, he's got mobility just needs to get better in contact basketball especially under his own basket. Will take some time but I think he will get there, getting better each game.

Another player that I think is NBA prospect is Djurisic. Tremendous potential in both ways as a SG/SF. Actually, from pure physicality standpoint, he is as a 17 y.o. more ready than Jovic to play through contact. Already getting good minutes at senior level and making nice contribution in past couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                              Another player that I think is NBA prospect is Djurisic. Tremendous potential in both ways as a SG/SF. Actually, from pure physicality standpoint, he is as a 17 y.o. more ready than Jovic to play through contact. Already getting good minutes at senior level and making nice contribution in past couple of weeks.
                              Watched some highs. Very matured, tough and overall polished for 17yo. Seems like has good combination of toughness and mobility, and his decision making for 17yo is impressive, you can feel it even from highlights. Should be a solid player at the very least. The areas of concern would be whenever he wouldn't end up as too early bloomer, and for my tastes he may be a bit too rigid, his shot could be a little bit more soft and higher arcing and I would want some more plasticity in his bodily features. I wonder what's his upside, cause he already pretty polished, already reaching for his status quo physical presence nearly, not an extreme athlete for NBA standards. In other words, maybe I'm lacking an X factor in him. Seen way too little yet though.

Djuric, Nakic. Nice swingmen prospects.

What are best true SG and true PG Serbian prospects at the moment?
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information