Euroleague Regular Season: Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Fenerbahce is hopelessly ineffective when it comes to half court offense. This team needs more creation out of the wing positions.
    Janketa will have been thrilled to see Melih getting some minutes tonight.

Comment

There is a reason why Elie Okobo was trafted 31 overall. He can play. After this season he may be a strong candidate for French NT.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Congrats to my boys janketa and vivo.

I am satisfied with zvezda's defense. This pack line and switching looked impressive in most cases, we received just 6 points out of this situations. With this rotation we had luck Fener didn't catch the best day but on other hand we were very physical and present under the basket. We outrebounded Fener in Istanbul which is really in such a small point game interesting stat.

I think we will be a solid team when all the ill/injured players return and if we sign a center as the team intends.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          Congrats to my boys janketa and vivo.

I am satisfied with zvezda's defense. This pack line and switching looked impressive in most cases, we received just 6 points out of this situations. With this rotation we had luck Fener didn't catch the best day but on other hand we were very physical and present under the basket. We outrebounded Fener in Istanbul which is really in such a small point game interesting stat.

I think we will be a solid team when all the ill/injured players return and if we sign a center as the team intends.
          yeaha, there is not much to wait.. at least 3 months.. fking joke

Comment

As I supposed Zvezda will be pain in the ass for opponents this season, especially with full roster.

Congrats to Fener, there will be a lot of work for Sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
              Oly is for real this year....PLayoff team i think...

Fener - Red Star well into the 4th and neither team has hit 50 points yet......That's neat to see....
              Not sure "neat" is the word I would use.
              Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
              2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
              Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Jokubaitis! Finally the history of Lithuanian guards continues.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                  Not sure "neat" is the word I would use.
                  Oddly enough neither one of those teams had the lowest point total of the day....Baskonia did with 50

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Jokubaitis! Finally the history of Lithuanian guards continues.
                    Looks explosive as hell. Fantastic player in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                      Looks explosive as hell. Fantastic player in the making.
                      Hope Barcelona got a very high NBA buyout because if he keeps playing like this he will be gone next season.
                      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                        No comments for Oly and MVP candidate Sasha Vezenkov?
                        The comment is that with Fall, H. Martin, J.Charles and Printezis Oly has perhaps the best el frontline. Sf position with Papanikolaou (if he remains healthy) and Vezenkov is also very well covered. Only sgs-pgs are of an inferior level.

If Bartzokas manages to connect well the Greeks with the foreigners (last season it didn't happen) this is a very dangerous team and playoffs will be reached without difficulty.

Comment

i hope djordjevic gets fired soon. he is playing old school basketball with this roster when you can easily play run n gun. if it was kokoskov yesterday we would have won by 20+ margain. (whoever gave djordjevic 3 years contract, well fuck him as well!) this team will not make it to the playoffs this year because of djordjevics stupidity unless he changes his "mentality" and finally i feel sorry for polonara, poor guy he has to work with djordjevic...
                          FENER
                          cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
                          calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

Comment

What I saw in week 1:

MONACO: pleasant surprise team with some very good players but not deep roaster. They look better than they are because Panathinaikos was tragic. HALL DONTA seems beast (I had never see him again)

PANATHINAIKOS: I watched all the friendly games of Panathinaikos and was much better than the game with Monaco.....I believe that is better team than most of people think after the first performance.

MACCABI: Amazing Wilbekkin......The team worst than I expected.

BAYERN: I have unlimited belief in Trinchieri and players like Thomas,Lucic and Hunter....They will be competitive in all games and playoffs contenders.

MILANO: Very deep roaster......with this roaster below 4-5 place is going to be failure.

CSKA: It was my pick for the 1st place in the regular season....I am still believe they can do it but with healthy Milutinov.

REAL: They have organization with principles and a very good coach regardless of the roster. I have great respect for the way they play. If Randolf returns to even 50% they will be hard to beat.

EFES: they do not look in good condition, but Larkin looks ok and when Larkin looks ok they can achieve everything.

UNICS: The roster is not bad, but their mentality was very bad. I believe that they do not play as a team and everyone plays for himself .... when this happens in EL the result is always the last position.

ΖΕΝΙΤ: worse than I expected, I'm happy for Frankamp because he's one of the most underrated players in quality.

FENER: big question mark for me, the roaster is good but they do not seem to be working together as well as they should.

BELGRADE: Better than I expected.

VILLEURBANNE: And for them I consider that it is a serious organization and it will be one of the pleasant surprises of the championship, more than most people expect.

ZALGIRIS: I believe that this will be her image all year, they will get some victories, but not like the previous years.

OLYMPIACOS: I have told you again that they will be one of the most serious teams in the league, hard to beat by all the teams.

BASKONIA: They will be much better with the players that they miss.

BARCA: They will continue like the previous year.

ALBA: It will be miracle to avoid last 3 places.

Comment

Originally posted by Spittifiz View Post
                              i hope djordjevic gets fired soon. he is playing old school basketball with this roster when you can easily play run n gun. if it was kokoskov yesterday we would have won by 20+ margain. (whoever gave djordjevic 3 years contract, well fuck him as well!) this team will not make it to the playoffs this year because of djordjevics stupidity unless he changes his "mentality" and finally i feel sorry for polonara, poor guy he has to work with djordjevic...
                              Yet I believe that Fener will have a great season with him.

The game against red star wasn't easy, they seem to be ahead concerning physical condition compared to other teams. They pressed a lot and made few errors.

Comment

Few errors? It seems maybe because of points but that's not really the truth. We had 21 turnovers, 9 alone in Q1...I don't remember a game of us were we made more unnecessary errors. We didn't press at all (all night long until 2min before end - how to press with 8 man rotation?) but played pack line often without any help side. That went into head od Fener as they started bricking.

Fener looked simply bad. If Sale's fault or not is for experts here but clueless how to attack is maybe the right expression. Our discipline in our half was tremendous when working against the ball, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information