Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 1

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,510
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    OMG what a TO of Shved.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Gman365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    851
    Country: Canada

    Default

    No matter what roster you give to Trinchieri his teams just go to war for him, very impressive......They were down big early and should of won outright.....

    Eventually MTA will stop being snakebitten in the close games though....That's why i picked them to make the playoffs....

  3. #23
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,767
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    No matter what roster you give to Trinchieri his teams just go to war for him, very impressive......They were down big early and should of won outright.....

    Eventually MTA will stop being snakebitten in the close games though....That's why i picked them to make the playoffs....
    Under snake you mean Lamonica?
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9
    Country: Germany

    Default

    Typical Bayern game and a typical Wilbekin game against Bayern.

    Some bad decisions in the end but overall a good performance. Hopefully the other players will be back soon.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,510
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Its a good wake up loss for Efes. I expected it. I would even say next week against CKSA will be the same result but CSKA looks even worse. Ataman must understand that it wont work with Moerman. He has been playing without confidence and looks half dead. He doesnt even look to the rim. Dunston is the same issue. He isnt the all defending guy who fills all gaps anymore. Beside him you have Petrusev who is watching people finishing under his rim and an injury prone named Pleiss lmao.

  6. #26
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,767
    Country: Israel

    Default

    I hope it will be wake up win for Maccabi. Yannis had weak game management, he can't frigging kill the game when it's double figures difference...Wilbekin is great of course, but Maccabi gave 25 minutes of very bad game...
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  7. #27

    Default

    17pts for Petrusev is legit though. Early big favorite for Rising Star Award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  8. #28
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Moerman was always clown and junk player(One of the worst EL players on that position). Dunston was good in his prime(even great) but now it's sad to even watch him on the court.

    Efes's frontcourt is disaster in this moment.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Serbian_Layup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    436
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    17pts for Petrusev is legit though. Early big favorite for Rising Star Award.
    Showed nice offensive versatility tonight scoring in the post, dribbling face up, shooting and off the p&r. He's a bit of a curious case, the feel he has for positioning offensively whether it's spacing or rolling is really good, but his feel for defensive positioning is completely opposite. And it's not switching that is problem because he is fairly mobile and agile, it's boxing out or just positioning in the paint, feel for space. Offensively, he is by a mile more talented than any Efes center, but he's got a lot of work to do to get into real fight and willingness to do the dirty job on defensive end. Anyway, I noticed something in his game about Petrusev (or similar types of players) that could be a blueprint when facing huge but slow footed rim protectors like Tavares, and that is ability to simply put the ball on the floor, attack closeouts on a straight line driving and just blow past huge guys. Petrusev had one play like that against Tavares tonight that finished with 2+1. As good of a rim protector as Tavares is, he is just as clueless when he has to go out on the perimeter. That's a big chance for certain teams to match Tavares with a big who can space the floor and has a good enough handle to attack when Tavares gets too close. Tavares is a big part of Real's identity, and if you can lure him out of the paint and make him uncomfortable a little bit, that's a great way to shake Real's frontcourt which seems to be stacked this year. I remember that is exactly what Jasikevicius did with Zalgiris a couple years ago when Davis was scoring at will against Tavares from the mid range drawing him out of the paint and throwing him out of his comfort zone. Petrusev has a chance to be that kind of player who can adjust and attack in different ways, but he will have to improve a lot on 'grit and grind' kind of mentality on defense. Also, refining skills and footwork in the post is needed.

  10. #30
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Offensively, he is by a mile more talented than any Efes center,
    To be honest it's not such great achievement, being better then Moerman and aged Dunston..

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    898
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Maccabi perhaps the worst winning game ever played, the only thing that can be saved apart from wilbekin is 4th quarter defense, bayern scored only 10 points.

    The lack of games against strong physical opponents is evident. Israeli teams are a completely different story.

    By the way, Lamonica 56 years old, is there any special legislation permitting him to whistle el games eternally?
    Last edited by ronmercer80; 09-30-2021 at 11:02 PM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Moerman was always clown and junk player(One of the worst EL players on that position). Dunston was good in his prime(even great) but now it's sad to even watch him on the court.

    Efes's frontcourt is disaster in this moment.
    Ataman hasn't been shy about making sweeping changes to his rosters during the season in the past but Efes have been so big on continuity in recent seasons. It will be intriguing to see if and when any transfers are made.
    Last edited by Jazz; 09-30-2021 at 11:50 PM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Gman365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    851
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Under snake you mean Lamonica?
    Haha it only took 1 round for the Lamonica lovefest to start ....

    Congrats to your guys for the win today.....

  14. #34
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,767
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Haha it only took 1 round for the Lamonica lovefest to start ....

    Congrats to your guys for the win today.....
    Thanks for congratsWin is win. As for Lamonica, the POS was as responsible for Bayerns return as Yannis (bad game management) and Trinceri (good game management) put together.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,771
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Ataman hasn't been shy about making sweeping changes to his rosters during the season in the past but Efes have been so big on continuity in recent seasons. It will be intriguing to see if and when any transfers are made.
    Yesterday it looked more like panic mode and hockey rotations.. Real defended central pick tremendously good. Not even the pick, it was beaten. They packed the driving lane of Micić and Larkin. Refs let hard game (respect), a lot of hand checking and bumping wasn't called.

    I wouldn't take this game too serious but it looked like great way to take a strong weapon from Efes. I am sure they will adjust to this. In fact they were beaten up yesterday.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Maccabi perhaps the worst winning game ever played, the only thing that can be saved apart from wilbekin is 4th quarter defense, bayern scored only 10 points.

    The lack of games against strong physical opponents is evident. Israeli teams are a completely different story.

    By the way, Lamonica 56 years old, is there any special legislation permitting him to whistle el games eternally?

    I didn`t watch game, but if they would lose game they will begin and finish season in fist game. Leading 18 points, I think 3 or 4 minutes before end of 2nd quarter, and allowing - 11 in 3rd quarter, at home against Bayern with absences of few players. That would meant absolute incapacity of Maccabi. As well as, with winning with help of Wilbekin 28points, in long run does not change much.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    898
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    The players who have never faced strong el opponents deserve patience (Ziv, Sorkin, Evans). I wouldn't say the same thing for Taylor, my impression is that this was a wrong signing, even against Israeli teams he didn't show anything good.


    I watched part of Armani CSKA and I still don't understand why Shved was signed. Which is his utility for the Russian team? Someone wrote that it will be a different story compared to Khimki. Nothing till now can justify such a prediction.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,771
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    The players who have never faced strong el opponents deserve patience (Ziv, Sorkin, Evans). I wouldn't say the same thing for Taylor, my impression is that this was a wrong signing, even against Israeli teams he didn't show anything good.


    I watched part of Armani CSKA and I still don't understand why Shved was signed. Which is his utility for the Russian team? Someone wrote that it will be a different story compared to Khimki. Nothing till now can justify such a prediction.
    Nothing until now...1 game played... Just saying, bro.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,667
    Country: United States

    Default

    What is going on with this Zenit-Unics game. I am watching at work but with no audio. The refs keep having long discussions multiple times.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    256
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    The players who have never faced strong el opponents deserve patience (Ziv, Sorkin, Evans). I wouldn't say the same thing for Taylor, my impression is that this was a wrong signing, even against Israeli teams he didn't show anything good.


    I watched part of Armani CSKA and I still don't understand why Shved was signed. Which is his utility for the Russian team? Someone wrote that it will be a different story compared to Khimki. Nothing till now can justify such a prediction.
    CSKA made Mike James work last year, and I'm not sure that there's some fundamental difference between what James and Shved bring to a team.

    I expect CSKA to be fine. Milan just happens to be very good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •