Euroleague 2021/2022 Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague 2021/2022 Power Rankings

3 days to start the season - share with us yout power rankings for the upcoming season!

I will start :

Tier A - CSKA, Milano, Barcelona, Anadolu Efes (Best of the Best)

Tier B - Fenerbahçe, Zenit, Real Madrid (Playoff quality teams)

Tier C - Maccabi, Olympiacos, Unics, Baskonia, Bayern Munich (Playoff contenders)

Tier D - Crvena Zvezda, Monaco, Žalgiris (Good teams but not playoff contenders)

Tier E - ALBA Berlin, ASVEL, Panathinaikos (Worst teams)

Prediction Table :

1. CSKA
    2. Barcelona
    3. Milano
    4. Fenerbahçe
    5. Anadolu Efes
    6. Zenit
    7. Maccabi Tel Aviv
    8. Real Madrid
    9. Unics
    10. Olympiacos
    11. Monaco
    12. Bayern Munich
    13. Baskonia
    14. Žalgiris
    15. Crvena Zvezda
    16. Panathinaikos
    17. ALBA Berlin
    18. ASVEL

Most suprising team - Maccabi Tel Aviv
    Most disappointing team - Real Madrid
    https://t.me/pump_upp

Interesting list. I really don't share your optimism about Maccabi. I would be hugely surprised if they land in PO. I wish you good luck besides all because EL needs strong Maccabi.

At first view without detailled analysis just a few examples: PAO is stronger team than zvezda, Bayern than Monaco and Unics, Milano looked horrible against Virtus a few days ago and generally lost quality and is overestimated because of last year. Fener is worse than Efes even though I expect that both are ranked too high in this list.

PS: Watched Unics against Loko - HORRIBLE game without any plan. Pure run and gun. Wouldn't be surprised if they land way beyond PO.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
      Fener is worse than Efes even though I expect that both are ranked too high in this list.
      Efes ranked too high on 5th place? They are EL champion and changed just one player, important but nevertheless, core is still there.

Agree about Maccabi with you. Zenit without Pangos will finish near bottom imo

Comment

I think CSKA - Barca - Real are 1 to 3. For Efes you are probably right. 4 is in my opinion realistic. I don't believe in their success this season. We will see, this rankings are for fun but worthless. One injury changes all.

Comment

Thats my final prediction before season start.

1)CSKA
          2)EFES
          3)BARCELONA
          4)REAL MADRID
          5)OLYMPIACOS
          6)FENER
          7)MILANO
          8)MACCABI
          9)ZENIT
          10)BAYERN
          11)BASKONIA
          12)PANATHINAIKOS
          13)MONACO
          14)ZALGIRIS
          15)UNICS
          16)VILLEURBANNE
          17)CRVENA ZVEZDA
          18)BERLIN

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
            Efes ranked too high on 5th place? They are EL champion and changed just one player, important but nevertheless, core is still there.

Agree about Maccabi with you. Zenit without Pangos will finish near bottom imo
            about Efes - I think that except of Larkin and Micic, most of their important players are getting too old this season (Simon 36, Dunston 35, Beaubois + Moerman 33 and more) and imo it will effect their succes this season
            Zenit with a great roster, they will have a good season and about Maccabi - very high potential to do a great season, I believe in the players
            https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
              I think CSKA - Barca - Real are 1 to 3. For Efes you are probably right. 4 is in my opinion realistic. I don't believe in their success this season. We will see, this rankings are for fun but worthless. One injury changes all.
              I agree with you about CSKA and we can discuss about Real Madrid but Barca is not in 1 million years stronger than Efes not with that guard rotation.
              Last edited by Toruko; 09-27-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I see that again I will have to 'defend' Efes, because 3rd year in a row they start as 4th or 5th team on paper

Come on guys, they are EL champion, before that the best team until cancelation, and runner up year before.

There is a reason for that and that is not aged Moerman, Dunston or Beabuois. Reason is just one and his name is Larkin

There is one more reason and his name is Micic.

You can put whoever you want beside them, with 25 or 35 years, result will be the same, they all have just episode roles. Just CSKA is better this time, thanks to stupid decision to replace Sanli with EL rookie. Milutinov will eat all Efes's centers with ease

Comment

Maybe it would be good in IBN Predictions some part of ranking will be prediction of placement before season.

1 Cska
                  2 Barcelona
                  3 Efes
                  4 Real Madrid
                  5 Fenerbahce
                  6 Olympiacos
                  7 Bayern
                  8 Baskonia
                  9 Milano
                  10 Zenit
                  11 Monaco
                  12 Zalgiris
                  13 Maccabi
                  14 Alba
                  15 Unics
                  16 Crvena Zvezda
                  17 Asvel
                  18 Panathinaikos

Comment

I think:
                    Tier A - CSKA, Barcelona,Fenerbahçe,Milano, Real Madrid Anadolu Efes (Best of the Best)

Tier B - Zenit, Baskonia,Monaco, (Playoff quality teams)

Tier C - Maccabi, Žalgiris, Unics, Bayern Munich, Panathinaikos,Olympiacos (Playoff contenders)

Tier D - Crvena Zvezda, ALBA Berlin, ASVEL, (Worst teams not playoff contenders)

Comment

Coronavirus makes any prediction over-ambitious. We don't know how many players will be affected and when, we don't know if the crowd will be present everywhere and if the situation will permit its presence during the whole season. I am afraid that these elements could determine the final classification.

So it's only a game.

1) Barcelona
                      2) Fener
                      3) Cska
                      4) Efes
                      5) Armani
                      6) Real
                      7) Zalgiris
                      8) Olympiakos
                      9) Maccabi
                      10) Baskonia
                      11) Bayern
                      12) Panathinaikos
                      13) Zenit
                      14) Asvel
                      15) Unics
                      16) Monaco
                      17) Alba
                      18) Red Star

Comment

Tier A - Anadolu Efes, Real Madrid, CSKA, Barcelona (Best of the Best)

Tier B - Fenerbahçe, Milano (Playoff quality teams)

Tier C - Zenit, Maccabi, Olympiacos, Baskonia, Bayern Munich (Playoff contenders)

Tier D - Unics, Crvena Zvezda, Monaco, Žalgiris (Good teams but not playoff contenders)

Tier E - ALBA Berlin, ASVEL, Panathinaikos (Worst teams)

Comment

Eurohoops published also a power ranking.

It's a new season, a new Turkish Airlines EuroLeague and we have new Power Rankings by Eurohoops. Here is the first edition ahead of the first jump ball.

Comment

The problem with CSKA and Barca is lack of guards. Barca additionally has a problem with the bigs. They are highly overvalued. Efes has a big problem with the big rotation itself but I expect an addition during the season. The backcourt is just fine. It is probably the last dance of this team.

Comment

Barcelona
                              CSKA
                              Real
                              Milan
                              Efes
                              Oly
                              MTA
                              Baskonia

Got 5 out of the 8 playoff teams correct last year....Will be fun to come back and check this thread as the season goes on.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information