Spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers?

Why are spammers such as naga855 allowed to flourish on this board? Why are they not deleted immediately?

Why don't the first few posts of a new member go into a queue for review by a Mod before being allowed to hit the board?

The problem is that the Mods don't even look into this Forum on a daily basis. They seem to want the machines/programs to take care of things for them.

Comment

who are the mods?

Comment

So the mods don't want to bother to come around to keep this forum clean of spam. They want the computer program to do it all.

The program therefore sets up all kinds of roadblocks to posting. So this morning I got a "submission could not be processed because of missing security token" message when I simply hit the GO ADVANCED button while I was in QUICK REPLY. But why the message when I hadn't hit POST? Net result though was that everything I typed had disappeared into the ether which of course left me infuriated.

I wonder if the administrators even care whether this forum dies or not?

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-28-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
          who are the mods?
          Levenspiel and Mindozas are two. Rikhardur and Stuart used to be the Administrators but they've been gone for several years now.

Meanwhile naga855 and company are running rampant.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-28-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

The thread about spammers attract more spammers like flies. Deleted a couple here.

Hepcat, you have all the right to complain about lack of supervision. unfortunately life happens to people, and the entire mod team seems to be away. I'll try to drop by every day at least to clean the spams. in the meantime, we may have additions to the mod team.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Two more things need to be done:

1. Do not let any new member starting with naga join.

2. The posts of any new members should be put into a queue and not allowed to appear on the board until vetted by a mod as legitimate. It can be done. That's what's done on other discussion boards to prevent spammers.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-14-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                Two more things need to be done:

1. Do not let any new member starting with naga to join.

2. The posts of any new members should be put into a queue and not allowed to appear on the board until vetted by a mod as legitimate. It can be done. That's what's done on other discussion boards to prevent spammers.

THe spammers are back at it again.

Comment

Precisely. I've sent reports but it seems the mods want/expect the computer program to do it all. They don't bother to check in even several times a week to clean up the board.

Comment

Many forums have a feature that prevents members from posting more than once per minute plus a feature rejecting a post if (substantially) the same one was posted by the same poster previously. These features would help deter spammers if/when they succeed in registering. I'm actually surprised that this board didn't adopt these features years ago.

Comment

I repeat!

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                      Many forums have a feature that prevents members from posting more than once per minute plus a feature rejecting a post if (substantially) the same one was posted by the same poster previously. These features would help deter spammers if/when they succeed in registering. I'm actually surprised that this board didn't adopt these features years ago.

Why has this board not adopted these features? They'd prevent a spammer from posting his spam if/when he manages to register.

Comment

Interesting as well that the forum requires a member to wait sixty seconds between reporting posts for spam but doesn't require sixty seconds between posts.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information