Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert0326
    I want to see how will Bolden bring to Indonesian basketball, and their loyal fans.. I will not take the summer league stint as his gauge because we all know how tough that level is.. Although is he available in November? Or he might pursue first his NBA dream as his last chance... Also Jawato's availability also in question because he will also play in B-League.. If i were Toroman, I will field those African recruits in seniors level for gaining some experience.. They badly need height in every position...
    BTW, I'm referring to a full-force Indonesia team ha. I mean Indonesia with a naturalized player, Jawato & its top veteran locals Prastawa & Grahita. I would understand a depleted Indonesia team losing by a big margin (25+ pts.) against either Iran, Kaz, Jordan.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Fiba should avoid best 3rd or 4th placera in the group to qualify in the world cup why have them compete( third placers for africa and fourth placers in americas in wildcard tournament( fifa had one) and have indonesia host and compete with it if they cant qualify in world cup for the 2 slots..with that Indonesia will get their chance at the same time compete in "higher" level and teams who didnt become best 3rd placer or 4th placer have their real chance you can never know who can win between americas and africa..

Just like the oqt fiba will benefit with more games
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Sucks to be Hidilyn Diaz or onenof the officials just sitting and doing nothing there

Comment

I feel for India. Indonesia should be the one facing NZ, Korea and Gilas.
          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

FIBA WC QUALIFIERS

GROUP A
            New Zealand
            Korea
            Philippines
            India

GROUP B
            Australia
            China
            Japan
            Chinese Taipei

GROUP C
            Jordan
            Lebanon
            Indonesia
            Saudi Arabia

GROUP D
            Iran
            Kazakhstan
            Syria
            Bahrain

Comment

Lol FIBA just loves grouping Philippines-Korea, Jordan-Lebanon and Iran-Kazakhstan together, don’t they?

Kidding aside, hope Tab finally gets one over NZ. Looking forward to another K-drama between us and the Koreans.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                Lol FIBA just loves grouping Philippines-Korea, Jordan-Lebanon and Iran-Kazakhstan together, don’t they?

Kidding aside, hope Tab finally gets one over NZ. Looking forward to another K-drama between us and the Koreans.
                I would have really preferred Gilas to be grouped with Australia and China for development. Chinese Taipei would have been a better challenge compared to India, but it is what it is. Like NOiNU said, I feel for India. With this much leeway, Indonesia should better make use of these chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                  FIBA WC QUALIFIERS

GROUP A
                  New Zealand
                  Korea
                  Philippines
                  India

GROUP B
                  Australia
                  China
                  Japan
                  Chinese Taipei

GROUP C
                  Jordan
                  Lebanon
                  Indonesia
                  Saudi Arabia

GROUP D
                  Iran
                  Kazakhstan
                  Syria
                  Bahrain
                  lol @ Indonesia being lumped with West and Gulf Asia, still don't like their chances though despite being part of a weaker group (relatively)

Comment

I like our group! this is our opportunity to prove that we can beat korea regulary and hoping we can beat them at ther home court.

NZL is very tough but beatable compare to AUS.

We should beat IND twice.

GROUP B...kawawang taiwan bugbog nanaman lol.

GROUP C may chance INA!

Group D is the weakest
                    Last edited by GoPilipinas; 08-31-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                      I would have really preferred Gilas to be grouped with Australia and China for development. Chinese Taipei would have been a better challenge compared to India, but it is what it is. Like NOiNU said, I feel for India. With this much leeway, Indonesia should better make use of these chances.
                      After the colourful shit that went down three years back, I won't be surprised if FIBA conspired to make sure we wouldn't be grouped with Australia this time around.

I honestly want to see us go up against NZ because the last encounter (back in the 2016 OQT) didn't do it justice. I don't know but I felt like we didn't play to our full potential albeit having Tab and PBA players.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
                        I like our group! this is our opportunity to prove that we can beat korea regulary and hoping we can beat them at ther home court.

NZL is very tough but beatable compare to AUS.

We should beat IND twice.

GROUP B...kawawang taiwan bugbog nanaman lol.

GROUP C may chance INA!

Group D is the weakest
                        It's going to be a dog fight between INA and KSA for the last spot. This is easy to call.

Neither team has the capability to beat Lebanon or Jordan in their full strength. The only thing going for them is Lebanon's economic crisis may hamper their preparations but they've been in worst spots before (2006 Israel-Hezbollah war).
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

Not the biggest fan of K-pop. Well, if we can't beat them in music, let's beat them in basketball.

Comment

It's going to be a dog fight between INA and KSA for the last spot. This is easy to call.

Neither team has the capability to beat Lebanon or Jordan in their full strength. The only thing going for them is Lebanon's economic crisis may hamper their preparations but they've been in worst spots before (2006 Israel-Hezbollah war).
                            I don't see Indonesia beating Saudi Arabia unless they get Marquis and Jawato. Saudi is capable giving teams a challenge with peskiness and athleticism. Lebanon and Jordan are just too much for Indonesia.

The winner of Taiwan-Guam match gets its price. Taduh! Beaing grouped with Australia, China and Japan in Group B.

India is the sacrificial lamb from West Region being thrown to the lions' cage.

Syria and Bahrain are lucky bastards. They were grouped to the arguably weakest bracket in the qualifiers.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

Gilas is now taking the footprints of the Tall Blacks and the Boomers - call ups from pro players from the PBA and overseas plus Cadets as Team B. Much more like it as our talent pool becomes deeper.

Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

You like Saudi, but for Indonesia to realize their world cup dreams, they need to beat them, Al Suwailem is promising but the rest are pedestrian but tough..Its a matter on how the limit abdul gabar from now on..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information