Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
    so, barring any Indian miracle, SKor is out of contention for the WC?
    If FIBA upholds the forfeitures, yes. They're out of contention.

India gets 4 or 5 points for this window, automatically. 8 if they win against Gilas and NZ. SoKor will get 4 AT MOST if the forfeitures are upheld.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
      things would be different in Korea if this is FIFA WC qualifications, right.
      Maybe.

I read an article from years back that basketball is losing its popularity in Korea.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
        Maybe.

I read an article from years back that basketball is losing its popularity in Korea.
        Football is king in Korea

But baseball is also tops among team sports, and they have produced MLB players.

Among individual sports, Archery is tops, followed by short track speed skating.

Imagine the uproar if they have to forfeit football matches, archery and speed skating meets because of covid.

Comment

Maybe.

As of now both Korea and Japan actually disappointed more of the news that MLB might go on strike,baseball is more popular in both countries as in America,American football is still king,followed by baseball,basketball sometimes come in third.Come spring the Korean fans and media just go crazy for baseball,in almost every game a celebrity or politician will throw the ceremonial ball.IMO,baseball is something that Filipinos are a natural,the stories of the great Babe Ruth striking out against the local pros back in the day when they visitied the Philippines.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
            As of now both Korea and Japan actually disappointed more of the news that MLB might go on strike,baseball is more popular in both countries as in America,American football is still king,followed by baseball,basketball sometimes come in third.Come spring the Korean fans and media just go crazy for baseball,in almost every game a celebrity or politician will throw the ceremonial ball.IMO,baseball is something that Filipinos are a natural,the stories of the great Babe Ruth striking out against the local pros back in the day when they visitied the Philippines.
            You don't need to be that tall either.

5'11-6'2 is more than enough to be a MLB player. The rest comes down to skills.

Need to follow baseball again. Still a Dodgers fan.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

On the contrary, isn't being smaller actually better in baseball, due to the smaller strike zone?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                On the contrary, isn't being smaller actually better in baseball, due to the smaller strike zone?
                Depends what position you're playing.

Taller players are great on the outfield when trying to catch long balls to force a strike.

I wouldn't place a 5'7 guy on the outfield in place of a 6'4 guy
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

go yankees..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    Wait a minute. SoKor will have 0 classification points if they forfeit. That's worse than a loss.

Furthermore, if a team forfeits twice, they're disqualified from the competition, and all their games are nullified.
                    Can they just call up some random Koreans living here in the country? Para masabi lang na may team sila.

Comment

• 14-man pool: https://twitter.com/TheDeanQuinito/s...PQDVa6I-A&s=19

Guards: Juan GDL, Bolick, Montalbo, Banal, Dwight, Tungcab
                      Wings: Navarro, Pogoy, Thirdy, Lopez
                      Forward: Rosario
                      Bigs: Kouame, Rangel, Kelly

I hope Banal, Pogoy and Tungcab strictly play the off-guard positions, and that all of Navarro, Dwight, Thirdy, and Lopez play, because we're kinda strapped for wings.
                      Last edited by IPC; 02-23-2022, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                        14-man pool: https://twitter.com/TheDeanQuinito/s...PQDVa6I-A&s=19

Guards: Juan GDL, Montalbo, Banal, Dwight, Tungcab
                        Wings: Navarro, Pogoy, Thirdy, Lopez
                        Forward: Rosario
                        Bigs: Kouame, Rangel, Kelly

I hope Banal, Pogoy and Tungcab strictly play the off-guard positions, and that all of Navarro, Dwight, Thirdy, and Lopez play, because we're kinda strapped for wings.
                        Where is Bolick?
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

Where is Bolick?
                          Yeah. I just wonder why
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Yeah. I just wonder why
                            I'm surprised Tungcab made it.

Montalbo better be worth the hype.
                            GILAS WISHLIST:
                            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Kasama si Bolick dun sa tweet ni Quinito.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information