Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Indonesia will go to Prosper and Bolden in America after all to train..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• this is a hint on the November 1st window for group A , in a bubble

I think for logistics it makes sense to hold Gilas camp in Korea in November, and let B league Gilas players and others just meet there about a week in advance
      Last edited by DAdmiral; 09-16-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Navarro than thirdy. So far 3rdy is all muscle, no game. Maybe he is trying to transition to a different position, but as of now, he has no greater value than what navarro can offer.

If paul lee/ bolick are available, i'll choose them over kiefer. If i'll choose an atenean replacement, i prefer sean ildefonso to be the future point of gilas/ or he can be the backup SF. But if panopio is available, my bias is with panopio as pg, and sean as backup sf

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
          Navarro than thirdy. So far 3rdy is all muscle, no game. Maybe he is trying to transition to a different position, but as of now, he has no greater value than what navarro can offer.

If paul lee/ bolick are available, i'll choose them over kiefer. If i'll choose an atenean replacement, i prefer sean ildefonso to be the future point of gilas/ or he can be the backup SF. But if panopio is available, my bias is with panopio as pg, and sean as backup sf
          Bolick - sure.
          Paul Lee? He is a scoring guard and we have many scoring options out there. He is also a defensive liability.
          We need a stabilizer at the point guard spot.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            Bolick - sure.
            Paul Lee? He is a scoring guard and we have many scoring options out there. He is also a defensive liability.
            Agree about Paul Lee. He's really a deadweight on defense. But offensively, I like Paul Lee very much
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Agree about Paul Lee. He's really a deadweight on defense. But offensively, I like Paul Lee very much
              I rather have Black over Lee since Black is a big point guard which can hit threes when necessary.
              Attack
              defend
              Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                Bolick - sure.
                We need a creator. That's what is Paul Lee for. If we can have Terrence, i'd prefer him but you know. Also, paul lee is taller and at least a better defender than terrence.

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                I rather have Black over Lee since Black is a big point guard which can hit threes when necessary.
                Black is strong, but i don't know if he is in the same mold as those takeover guys. He didn't seem to be one in ateneo. However, i think he is a good defender.

Basically, we need a creator with some swag in the likes of terrence, la, pogoy, castro, and or lee. We don't like to be a mechanical player that has trouble taking opportunities of break plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                  Maybe another shot at Gilas will toughen him up.. I hope Tab will include him in 1st window in November...
                  Hmm, I dunno if he would be available, especially given that the PBA is tentatively scheduling its second conference in the 2nd week of November, which doesn't exactly accommodate Gilas. There might be quarantine restrictions and the like.

Comment

• ^woah that means no Gilas games until Feb 2022. and preparation will probably start only on early Jan 2022.

if team chemistry is weapon of choice by Tab, it is a must to retain the holdovers and at the same time recruit new talents, or expect players like Dave I or Jordan Heading to play leading roles this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                      Update:

Groups C and D will using home and away format for 1st and 2nd window of WC qualifiers
                      Group B will be on "bubble" set up as Japan will host their group games against China on Nov. 27 & 28, while Australia vs Taipei games might schedule in February 2022
                      Group A games also in "bubble" set up in Philippines (possible again in Clark) will be possibility schedule in February 2022..

https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...ian-qualifiers
                      Your speculation of home and away for Group C & D months ago was spot on. Too bad that the Group A games are delayed. I think there is a good chance that Gilas will be in the second conference if it happens. If they do, I will watch all of their PBA games. I don’t think there would be any world pocket tournaments anytime soon within that time frame between October and February.

PBA seems to be the logical choice. I think this is why Dwight went to the B league, surely they knew this information beforehand? But its just speculation on my part.

Originally posted by noyce View Post
                      ^woah that means no Gilas games until Feb 2022. and preparation will probably start only on early Jan 2022.

if team chemistry is weapon of choice by Tab, it is a must to retain the holdovers and at the same time recruit new talents, or expect players like Dave I or Jordan Heading to play leading roles this time.
                      Yep, it is unfortunate, but with this development, the quarantine process can be a bit shorter by February. Hopefully our B league guys can join us. The selection of players will be tricky. With this window, there is a good chance that Kai can also join us, assuming a 2 week break for the NBL and obviously the world will be in a better situation in 4 months. Tab is faced with a good problem, we will see in February.

Originally posted by robert0326
                      I think I'm still confusing on FIBA's latest announcement.. if I were sbp, our games Vs Korea should be held in November.. because in February we don't sure if ateneo boys are available due to possibly UAAP campaign early next year.. if ateneo core plus coach tab will not available by February then we will in trouble... I don't see pba players will be there because pba games still held that time (amid uncertainty of schedule of 2nd conference).. we are available in November and ateneo core plus coach tab still available... The games should be held by November, not in February...
                      Hopefully, if the UAAP does start within that time, there will be sacrifices for the country. I still expect the Ateneo boys to be in Gilas, but I am not too sure about guys like Balty, Tamayo, and etc. It would be nice if the UAAP will give way for Gilas and have a 2-3 week break like the B league, NBL and etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                        Your speculation of home and away for Group C & D months ago was spot on. Too bad that the Group A games are delayed. I think there is a good chance that Gilas will be in the second conference if it happens. If they do, I will watch all of their PBA games. I don’t think there would be any world pocket tournaments anytime soon within that time frame between October and February.

PBA seems to be the logical choice.
                        Agree. Maybe Gilas' presence in the 2nd conference would make the PBA games more interesting. I'm going to watch all Gilas games in the PBA as much as possible. It would be a good exposure for Gilas players like RJ Abarrientos, SJ Belangel, Dave Ildefonso, Jordan Heading, Rey Suerte, Allain Bulanadi, Will Navarro, Justin baltazar, Carl Tamayo, Isaac Go, Ange Kouame, etc., playing against PBA teams specially the elite PBA teams like SMB, Ginebra, TNT, Magnolia, Meralco. Magandang experience ito specially for the younger Gilas players like Abarrientos, Belangel, Dave Ildefonso, Tamayo. Imagine Abarrientos & Belangel being ranged against the likes of Bolick, Castro, Mikey Williams, Tenorio, Paul Lee, Banchero. Dave Ildefonso being matched-up with the likes of Lassiter, Matt Wright, Pogoy, Newsome, maliksi. Baltazar & Tamayo being ranged against Rosario, Erram, Almazan, Fajardo, Standhardinger, Malonzo.
                        Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-13-2021, 07:37 AM.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• UPDATES on the 2023 FIBAWC Qualifiers:

"The Group A games scheduled for the November and February 2022 windows will be played in the Philippines during the period of the February 2022 window."

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                            UPDATES on the 2023 FIBAWC Qualifiers:

"The Group A games scheduled for the November and February 2022 windows will be played in the Philippines during the period of the February 2022 window."
                            What's the source?

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              What's the source?
                              Fiba website
                              Nz is bidding to host the group A, June window

Comment

• Perez says hi, kayo dito sa IBN hindi fan ni Perez no? Dahil ba sa decision-making nya? LOL coachable naman yan pagsabihan mo lang yan if you know what I mean, he's the most versatile guard in the PBA, scoring + defending A+, he's really a SG, he together with Dwight, Romeo & Bolick sila pa lang ang "PANDAYO" material na local guards natin. Kung sino-sino pa hinahanap nyo

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information