Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 502

Thread: 2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,741
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Bolick - sure.
    Paul Lee? He is a scoring guard and we have many scoring options out there. He is also a defensive liability.
    We need a stabilizer at the point guard spot.
    We need a creator. That's what is Paul Lee for. If we can have Terrence, i'd prefer him but you know. Also, paul lee is taller and at least a better defender than terrence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I rather have Black over Lee since Black is a big point guard which can hit threes when necessary.
    Black is strong, but i don't know if he is in the same mold as those takeover guys. He didn't seem to be one in ateneo. However, i think he is a good defender.

    Basically, we need a creator with some swag in the likes of terrence, la, pogoy, castro, and or lee. We don't like to be a mechanical player that has trouble taking opportunities of break plays.

  2. #202
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,294
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Maybe another shot at Gilas will toughen him up.. I hope Tab will include him in 1st window in November...
    Hmm, I dunno if he would be available, especially given that the PBA is tentatively scheduling its second conference in the 2nd week of November, which doesn't exactly accommodate Gilas. There might be quarantine restrictions and the like.

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,065
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Update:

    Groups C and D will using home and away format for 1st and 2nd window of WC qualifiers
    Group B will be on "bubble" set up as Japan will host their group games against China on Nov. 27 & 28, while Australia vs Taipei games might schedule in February 2022
    Group A games also in "bubble" set up in Philippines (possible again in Clark) will be possibility schedule in February 2022..

    https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...ian-qualifiers

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    416

    Default

    ^woah that means no Gilas games until Feb 2022. and preparation will probably start only on early Jan 2022.

    if team chemistry is weapon of choice by Tab, it is a must to retain the holdovers and at the same time recruit new talents, or expect players like Dave I or Jordan Heading to play leading roles this time.

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,065
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    ^woah that means no Gilas games until Feb 2022. and preparation will probably start only on early Jan 2022.

    if team chemistry is weapon of choice by Tab, it is a must to retain the holdovers and at the same time recruit new talents, or expect players like Dave I or Jordan Heading to play leading roles this time.
    I think I'm still confusing on FIBA's latest announcement.. if I were sbp, our games Vs Korea should be held in November.. because in February we don't sure if ateneo boys are available due to possibly UAAP campaign early next year.. if ateneo core plus coach tab will not available by February then we will in trouble... I don't see pba players will be there because pba games still held that time (amid uncertainty of schedule of 2nd conference).. we are available in November and ateneo core plus coach tab still available... The games should be held by November, not in February...

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    774
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Update:

    Groups C and D will using home and away format for 1st and 2nd window of WC qualifiers
    Group B will be on "bubble" set up as Japan will host their group games against China on Nov. 27 & 28, while Australia vs Taipei games might schedule in February 2022
    Group A games also in "bubble" set up in Philippines (possible again in Clark) will be possibility schedule in February 2022..

    https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...ian-qualifiers
    Your speculation of home and away for Group C & D months ago was spot on. Too bad that the Group A games are delayed. I think there is a good chance that Gilas will be in the second conference if it happens. If they do, I will watch all of their PBA games. I don’t think there would be any world pocket tournaments anytime soon within that time frame between October and February.

    PBA seems to be the logical choice. I think this is why Dwight went to the B league, surely they knew this information beforehand? But its just speculation on my part.

    Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    ^woah that means no Gilas games until Feb 2022. and preparation will probably start only on early Jan 2022.

    if team chemistry is weapon of choice by Tab, it is a must to retain the holdovers and at the same time recruit new talents, or expect players like Dave I or Jordan Heading to play leading roles this time.
    Yep, it is unfortunate, but with this development, the quarantine process can be a bit shorter by February. Hopefully our B league guys can join us. The selection of players will be tricky. With this window, there is a good chance that Kai can also join us, assuming a 2 week break for the NBL and obviously the world will be in a better situation in 4 months. Tab is faced with a good problem, we will see in February.

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I think I'm still confusing on FIBA's latest announcement.. if I were sbp, our games Vs Korea should be held in November.. because in February we don't sure if ateneo boys are available due to possibly UAAP campaign early next year.. if ateneo core plus coach tab will not available by February then we will in trouble... I don't see pba players will be there because pba games still held that time (amid uncertainty of schedule of 2nd conference).. we are available in November and ateneo core plus coach tab still available... The games should be held by November, not in February...
    Hopefully, if the UAAP does start within that time, there will be sacrifices for the country. I still expect the Ateneo boys to be in Gilas, but I am not too sure about guys like Balty, Tamayo, and etc. It would be nice if the UAAP will give way for Gilas and have a 2-3 week break like the B league, NBL and etc.

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Your speculation of home and away for Group C & D months ago was spot on. Too bad that the Group A games are delayed. I think there is a good chance that Gilas will be in the second conference if it happens. If they do, I will watch all of their PBA games. I don’t think there would be any world pocket tournaments anytime soon within that time frame between October and February.

    PBA seems to be the logical choice.
    Agree. Maybe Gilas' presence in the 2nd conference would make the PBA games more interesting. I'm going to watch all Gilas games in the PBA as much as possible. It would be a good exposure for Gilas players like RJ Abarrientos, SJ Belangel, Dave Ildefonso, Jordan Heading, Rey Suerte, Allain Bulanadi, Will Navarro, Justin baltazar, Carl Tamayo, Isaac Go, Ange Kouame, etc., playing against PBA teams specially the elite PBA teams like SMB, Ginebra, TNT, Magnolia, Meralco. Magandang experience ito specially for the younger Gilas players like Abarrientos, Belangel, Dave Ildefonso, Tamayo. Imagine Abarrientos & Belangel being ranged against the likes of Bolick, Castro, Mikey Williams, Tenorio, Paul Lee, Banchero. Dave Ildefonso being matched-up with the likes of Lassiter, Matt Wright, Pogoy, Newsome, maliksi. Baltazar & Tamayo being ranged against Rosario, Erram, Almazan, Fajardo, Standhardinger, Malonzo.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 10-13-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  8. #208
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,596
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    UPDATES on the 2023 FIBAWC Qualifiers:

    "The Group A games scheduled for the November and February 2022 windows will be played in the Philippines during the period of the February 2022 window."

  9. #209
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,294
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    UPDATES on the 2023 FIBAWC Qualifiers:

    "The Group A games scheduled for the November and February 2022 windows will be played in the Philippines during the period of the February 2022 window."
    What's the source?

  10. #210
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,596
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    What's the source?
    Fiba website
    Nz is bidding to host the group A, June window

  11. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,065
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Your speculation of home and away for Group C & D months ago was spot on. Too bad that the Group A games are delayed. I think there is a good chance that Gilas will be in the second conference if it happens. If they do, I will watch all of their PBA games. I don’t think there would be any world pocket tournaments anytime soon within that time frame between October and February.

    PBA seems to be the logical choice. I think this is why Dwight went to the B league, surely they knew this information beforehand? But its just speculation on my part.


    Middle east countries already almost back to normal.. Actually here at Jeddah, we can play recreational basketball already here w/o restrictions.. So it's logical that FIBA can held home and away games in Middle east.. For sure if KSA vs Gilas will match in 2nd round (If KSA makes it into 2nd round).. Organizers here will hold home game KSA match vs Gilas w/ fans.. Pinoy fans here at Jeddah are waiting to this to be happen.. And if home game of Gilas vs KSA can't held due to situation there, Jeddah can held also the match here..

  12. #212
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    8
    Country: Philippines

    Wink

    Perez says hi, kayo dito sa IBN hindi fan ni Perez no? Dahil ba sa decision-making nya? LOL coachable naman yan pagsabihan mo lang yan if you know what I mean, he's the most versatile guard in the PBA, scoring + defending A+, he's really a SG, he together with Dwight, Romeo & Bolick sila pa lang ang "PANDAYO" material na local guards natin. Kung sino-sino pa hinahanap nyo

  13. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    39
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Perez says BYE! Ginawang asintahan ni Pogoy

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.PURO View Post
    Perez says hi, kayo dito sa IBN hindi fan ni Perez no? Dahil ba sa decision-making nya? LOL coachable naman yan pagsabihan mo lang yan if you know what I mean, he's the most versatile guard in the PBA, scoring + defending A+, he's really a SG, he together with Dwight, Romeo & Bolick sila pa lang ang "PANDAYO" material na local guards natin. Kung sino-sino pa hinahanap nyo
    Becoz Perez is with the evil empire which is not friendy with Gilas. Simple as that. I like Perez to be honest. For me, pound for pound, he's the most talented wing man in the PBA right now.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  15. #215
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Becoz Perez is with the evil empire which is not friendy with Gilas. Simple as that. I like Perez to be honest. For me, pound for pound, he's the most talented wing man in the PBA right now.
    Yup. Now you got to choose between him and JF if you want to borrow them. I knew the writing was on the wall the moment we heard the trade rumours. Also while it's true that he's and MVP tier player it's also true that he still needs to qork on his decision making and defence which has been his Achilles heel since college.. they just managed to hide his weaknesses in SMB with their tons of ballhandlers

  16. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,065
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Becoz Perez is with the evil empire which is not friendy with Gilas. Simple as that. I like Perez to be honest. For me, pound for pound, he's the most talented wing man in the PBA right now.
    Except if Perez will also play in Japan.. He will be available again...

  17. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,577
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Except if Perez will also play in Japan.. He will be available again...
    How I wish it will happen but I'm not really expecting it to happen anytime soon. I bet SMB will move heaven & earth to keep Perez in its arsenal.

    SMB is a different team without Perez. Arwind Santos, becoz of age, is no longer the same player that he was 5 yrs ago. Lassiter is showing signs of old age, so as Alex Cabagnot.

    Its obvious that for SMB to win a championship, they need to overwhelm every opposition with its sheer advantage in talent & depth.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  18. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    774
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    World cup 2023 qualifiers update:

    Iran: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...9t-miss-a-beat

    Japan: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...moving-forward

    Roster Tracker: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...ian-qualifiers

    Preliminary Rosters announced:

    Indonesia: https://www.instagram.com/p/CV6orMDP6mk/

    Muhamad Sandy Ibrahim Aziz, Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa, Abraham Damar Grahita, Brandon Jawato, Juan Laurent Kokodiputra, Vincent Rivaldi Kosasih, Hardianus Lakudu, Lester Prosper, Govinda Julian Saputra, Kevin Yonas Argadiba Sitorus, Widyanta Putra Teja, Arki Dikania Wisnu

    KSA: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyMGMYoyAT/

    Khalid Abdel Gabar, Nassir Abo Jalas, Osama Albargawi, Ayoub Alhawsawi, Mohammed Adam Alhosawe, Mohammed Almarwani, Mathna Almarwani, Ahmed Almukhtar, Mohammed Alsager, Mohammed Alsuwailem, Naif Althalabi, Fahad Belal, Jaber Kabe, Musab Tariq Kadi, Thamer Mahmoud Mohammed, Ali Shubayli

  19. #219
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    5,153
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    World cup 2023 qualifiers update:

    Iran: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...9t-miss-a-beat

    Japan: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...moving-forward

    Roster Tracker: https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...ian-qualifiers

    Preliminary Rosters announced:

    Indonesia: https://www.instagram.com/p/CV6orMDP6mk/

    Muhamad Sandy Ibrahim Aziz, Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa, Abraham Damar Grahita, Brandon Jawato, Juan Laurent Kokodiputra, Vincent Rivaldi Kosasih, Hardianus Lakudu, Lester Prosper, Govinda Julian Saputra, Kevin Yonas Argadiba Sitorus, Widyanta Putra Teja, Arki Dikania Wisnu

    KSA: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyMGMYoyAT/

    Khalid Abdel Gabar, Nassir Abo Jalas, Osama Albargawi, Ayoub Alhawsawi, Mohammed Adam Alhosawe, Mohammed Almarwani, Mathna Almarwani, Ahmed Almukhtar, Mohammed Alsager, Mohammed Alsuwailem, Naif Althalabi, Fahad Belal, Jaber Kabe, Musab Tariq Kadi, Thamer Mahmoud Mohammed, Ali Shubayli
    C Lester Prosper 6'10 33
    C Vincent Rivaldi Kosasih 6'8 25
    PF Kevin Yonas Argadiba Sitorus 6'5 27
    SG Govinda Julian Saputra 6'5 25
    SF Brandon Jawato 6'4 28
    SG Juan Laurent Kokodiputra 6'3 26
    SF Arki Dikania Wisnu 6'2 33
    SG Muhamad Sandy Ibrahim Aziz 6'2 25
    SG Widyanta Putra Teja 6'2 27
    G Abraham Damar Grahita 5'11 26
    PG Hardianus Lakudu 5'10 29
    PG Andakara Prastawa Dhyaksa 5'8 29
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

  20. #220
    Senior Member mapuakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Iramoo Ward
    Posts
    597
    Country: Australia

    Default

    any gilas pool updates for the November Fiba WC Asia Qualifiers? Thanks
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •