Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
    Chot likes NPs that will make him look good. I mean, if no play is working, just give it to him and get out of the way type of player. that's why Ange or the likes of Malick Diouf cant thrive in his program
    To be fair it's the same with every coach, the difference is Chot needs that player the whole game while a decent coach like Tab needs him for only certain stretches

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
      Chot likes NPs that will make him look good. I mean, if no play is working, just give it to him and get out of the way type of player. that's why Ange or the likes of Malick Diouf cant thrive in his program
      Although i dont agree with coaches like that, i will not argue for the sole reason some teams pay a big price on some players. They expect big. But after seeing some of cam's vids, he doesnt really attack of the dribble like jc or blatche. So im not convince ccr will get him. If he does, i have no idea why.
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        yep going back from my post before that the bulk of the players will come from abroad..

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...220909-fbfirst
        So we'll need to judge which PBA teams have the most useful PBA players, most referring to both number and usefulness.

Based on my personal list, I think let's just pick SMB, NorthPort, and one of Ginebra or NLEX. The others can just come from the UAAP (Carl, Quiambao, Ange), B.League (Dwight, Ravena brothers, Balti, Parks, Heading, Kobe), KBL (Navarro, Gutang, SJ, RJ), and others (Kai, Francis Lopez)

Originally posted by IPC View Post
        Here's my personal list of useful Gilas players, or even those close to useful at this point:

SMB: June Mar, Marcio, Perez
        TNT: Castro, Mikey (NP), maybe Erram
        MAG: Abueva
        BGSM: Japeth, CStan (NP), maybe Scottie, Arvin
        MER: Newsome, maybe Almazan
        NLEX: Oftana, maybe Alas, Trollano
        CON: Ahanmisi, Bulanadi, maybe Arana
        BWB: Suerte
        PHX: N/A
        NOR: Malonzo, Bolick
        RoS: Mamuyac
        TER: Javi

Just my views.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
          So we'll need to judge which PBA teams have the most useful PBA players, most referring to both number and usefulness.

Based on my personal list, I think let's just pick SMB, NorthPort, and one of Ginebra or NLEX. The others can just come from the UAAP (Carl, Quiambao, Ange), B.League (Dwight, Ravena brothers, Balti, Parks, Heading, Kobe), KBL (Navarro, Gutang, SJ, RJ), and others (Kai, Francis Lopez)
          Basically SMB + GSM + TNT because this is basically Chot and Tim’s team.

Fajardo
          Japeth
          CS (NP) —> v Jordan
          Erram
          Troy
          Williams (NP) —> v KSA
          Castro
          Perez
          Scottie
          Pringle (NP) —> v KSA/Jordan

non-PBA:
          Kai
          Ange (NP)
          Tamayo
          Quiambao
          Ramos
          BRP
          Kiefer
          Thirdy
          Dave
          Geo
          Baltazar

That right there is already a 21-man pool without even mentioning Navarro, Lopez, Adams, and Abando.

Beating Jordan and KSA in their home court is doable but we need preparations. Good preparations.

Sucks because I really wanted to see more of Malonzo, Newsome, and Bolick in the team.

Comment

• Gilas Pilipinas will once again have Philippine Basketball Association players for Window 5 of the 2023 FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers. Chot Reyes will be picking players from two to three PBA teams to be part of his pool for the Philippines’ road games against Jordan and Saudi Arabia from November 10 to 13. “Tutulong […]

so hugot system again on window 5, anyway benefit of the doubt

“Ang option ni Coach Chot is kumuha ng two to three teams tapos doon kukunin kung sino ang gusto niya sa pool niya.”

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post

Fajardo
              Japeth
              CS (NP) —> v Jordan
              Erram
              Troy
              Williams (NP) —> v KSA
              Castro
              Perez
              Scottie

non-PBA:
              Kai
              Ange (NP)
              Tamayo
              Quiambao
              Ramos
              BRP
              Kiefer
              Thirdy
              Dave
              Geo
              Baltazar

That right there is already a 21-man pool without even mentioning Navarro, Lopez, Adams, and Abando.

Beating Jordan and KSA in their home court is doable but we need preparations. Good preparations.

Sucks because I really wanted to see more of Malonzo, Newsome, and Bolick in the team.
              Touché 3 teams from SMB, TNT and BGSM

It seems like Gilas program director Chot Reyes has already picked where he will get his pool for Window 5 of the FIBA World Cup 2023 Asian Qualifiers. Based on the schedule released by the Philippine Basketball Association on Thursday, the PBA contingent for the Gilas pool will come from TNT, Ginebra, and San Miguel. […]
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Fajardo
                Japeth
                CS (NP) —> v Jordan
                Erram
                Troy
                Williams (NP) —> v KSA
                Castro
                Perez
                Scottie

non-PBA:
                Kai
                Ange (NP)
                Tamayo
                Quiambao
                Ramos
                BRP
                Kiefer
                Thirdy
                Dave
                Geo
                Baltazar

Same here bro. I also want to see more from Malonzo & Bolick.

I think we have a good chance of beating Jordan as most likely, it won't have star player Ahmed Al Dwairi in the 5th window. Jordan is a different team without Al Dwairi.

I'm confident, we will hurdle Saudi Arabia.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  Same here bro. I also want to see more from Malonzo & Bolick.

I think we have a good chance of beating Jordan as most likely, it won't have star player Ahmed Al Dwairi in the 5th window. Jordan is a different team without Al Dwairi.

I'm confident, we will hurdle Saudi Arabia.
                  I just don't want anyone who hasn't played for Gilas since Feb 2020 (the start of it all) to end up on the final roster because the November and possibly Feb 2023 windows should be just tweaks to fill-in the gaps of players who definitely won't be playing like Clarkson (NBA), Ramos (B.League unless given permission), and Sotto (NBL unless 36ers don't make their playoffs).

Of course I want to see Malonzo and Bolick... but by then we don't know if Edu, Abarrientos, Balti, Heading, Abando, or even someone like Panopio, Tamayo, Quiambao, or Philips will be better than anyone Chot ever called up even if it's his picks from TnT/SMB/Ginebra. Perez and Bolick were actually the most impressive players for Guiao and they'd been on the team much shorter than Aguilar and Blatche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    LOL Beers on me

Comment

Fajardo
                      Japeth
                      CS (NP) —> v Jordan
                      Erram
                      Troy
                      Williams (NP) —> v KSA
                      Castro
                      Perez
                      Scottie

non-PBA:
                      Kai
                      Ange (NP)
                      Tamayo
                      Quiambao
                      Ramos
                      BRP
                      Kiefer
                      Thirdy
                      Dave
                      Geo
                      Baltazar

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      Touché 3 teams from SMB, TNT and BGSM

https://tbti.me/s22h1a?fbclid=IwAR0u...nTDQpsu3R0_WCY
                      Replace Troy with Oftana.

Relatively good choices by Chot. Ginebra and SMB have useful players, while TNT also have Castro and Oftana. I just hope Pogoy ain't in the lineup.

Sucks that the KBL guys (especially Navarro and maybe Gutang) and Francis Lopez aren't even in the discussion, but oh well. That's that.

Comment

• Here's a PBA wishlist: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/f...-5-pool/249951

Guards: Scottie, Perez
                        Wings: Oftana, Pogoy, Arvin
                        Bigs: Japeth, June Mar, Erram

They're set to be joined by B.League players and college guys, and the final pool will be announced once availability is concerned.

Almost everyone in the pool is good for FIBA. Arvin needs reps and defensive protection, though. And Pogoy, well...

Too bad guys like Navarro and Gutang (who are both in the KBL) aren't discussed, but oh well, still good naman.

Comment

Here's a PBA wishlist: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/f...-5-pool/249951

Guards: Scottie, Perez
                          Wings: Oftana, Pogoy, Arvin
                          Bigs: Japeth, June Mar, Erram
                          It's kinda sad that arvin is even considered, too slow, too lazy, too unathletic to play Fiba ball! Why maliksi & lassiter not part of the pool? Heck I rather have Khombutin or Trollano than Bong Hawkins 2.0.
                          Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by bluenote49 View Post
                            It's kinda sad that arvin is even considered, too slow, too lazy, too unathletic to play Fiba ball! Why maliksi & lassiter not part of the pool? Heck I rather have Khombutin or Trollano than Bong Hawkins 2.0.
                            I would have preferred Navarro as a wing, to be honest. Heck, maybe recall Lopez.

Comment

I would have preferred Navarro as a wing, to be honest. Heck, maybe recall Lopez.
                              Navarro can prove himself in the KBL. Lopez, I dont know.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information