Page 362 of 377 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7523

Thread: 2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

  1. #7221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Maybe , (Harper 2nd generation) , but specifically under Philippine law , unless Harper's mom was still a Philippine citizen at birth , currently Harper Jr has no official verification under our law to be a citizen . ( of course it can still be reestablished , ) but the thing is it will be reestablished way after his 16 birthday.

    The point of all of this , is there has to be a definitive document cut off basis criteria for eligibility ( whether that is connection to parent who was either a former citizen or resident , so be it ( but it has to be definitive) , what is not definitive basis is mere lineage connection (ethnicity) if that is case literally all Americans (except American Indigenous Indians) and especially African Americans have lineage connection to another country. And if mere lineage connection is sufficient criteria to be eligible, the Philippines has no advantage compared to other nations which have a more widespread overseas diaspora and Filipinos have smaller migrant community compared to other ethnicities, in the US, Europe and Australia (where basketball talent is significant)
    We already used JC as a naturalized player. I don't mind RHJ playing as a naturalized player. The point is that he still a 2nd gen. Per his and his mother's document, we'll find out once the SBP approaches them.

    I will not conclude that his mother is no longer a PH citizen at the time of his birth, unless declared otherwise.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  2. #7222
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6,446
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Harper's jr case is all moot, cause he does not have a Philippine passport yet ( not yet confirmed naturalisation essentially meaning he hasn't been confirmed Philippine citizenship and he's already 22 yrs old.

    the circumstances if parent is still a citizen at birth is only material if one is trying getting a passport easily and early in at least their teens. (it's not relevant for those who have yet to acquire official citizenship in their 20's

    Reality is eligibility is indeed "age " tested , the older the confirmation of establishing citizenship, residency etc the weaker the case , remember it's an "age cutt off rule one is trying to get exemption from. BTW the use of age for confirmation of citizenship or connection to a country is common criteria used by many immigration departments around the world. (it's a acceptable sound principle )
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-09-2022 at 01:11 AM.

  3. #7223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Harper's jr case is all moot, cause he does not have a Philippine passport yet ( not yet confirmed naturalisation essentially meaning he hasn't been confirmed Philippine citizenship and he's already 22 yrs old.

    the circumstances if parent is still a citizen at birth is only material if one is trying getting a passport easily and early in at least their teens. (it's not relevant for those who have yet to acquire official citizenship in their 20's

    Reality is eligibility is indeed "age " tested , the older the confirmation of establishing citizenship, residency etc the weaker the case , remember it's an "age cutt off rule one is trying to get exemption from. BTW the use of age for confirmation of citizenship or connection to a country is common criteria used by many immigration departments around the world. (it's a acceptable sound principle )
    -"cause he does not have a Philippine passport yet"

    Do we have any proof with this?

    I will rest this question if there is.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  4. #7224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    -"cause he does not have a Philippine passport yet"

    Do we have any proof with this?

    I will rest this question if there is.
    I found one.

    So RHJ has yet to have a PH passport.

    https://m.facebook.com/TheDeanQuinit...2954891128990/

    Oh well, we can't even consider him at the naturalized spot.

    He tried daw to have one during high school but the process was too tedious - this means that no one helped him and his family to process his passport.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  5. #7225
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6,446
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I found one.

    So RHJ has yet to have a PH passport.

    https://m.facebook.com/TheDeanQuinit...2954891128990/

    Oh well, we can't even consider him at the naturalized spot.

    He tried daw to have one during high school but the process was too tedious - this means that no one helped him and his family to process his passport.
    of course this assuming things ( but based on experience) , the process is not tedious at all ( no need of extra legal help and facilitation) if the mother was still a citizen when Ron Jr was born .

  6. #7226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    of course this assuming things ( but based on experience) , the process is not tedious at all ( no need of extra legal help and facilitation) if the mother was still a citizen when Ron Jr was born .
    Actually, even if his mother was no longer a PH citizen at the time of his birth, the process should not be that hard.

    By virtue R.A. No. 9225, she has not lost her PH citizenship. All she needs to do is to take her oath of allegiance.

    I assume the reason why he said that it is tedious was because they were unfamiliar with the process. Someone should have approached them to guide them.
    Last edited by ja.he; 12-09-2022 at 01:58 AM.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  7. #7227
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6,446
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    I am simply basing it on real life experience, it actually is quite tedious for busy people to establish Philippine citizenship when a parent was not a citizen in birth, I've fasciltated done both , and I tell you a normal unfamiliar family cannot realistically process passport on their own without assistance if parent was no longer a citizen. This is a far from a normal.process

    This is not the case for other countries processing, blame it on our red tape and lack of efficiency if you want .

    The principle is really simple , adoption of citizenship should be taken seriously , if the motivation to secure citizenship did not result in action (people sacrifice alot and will do anything to get a Green Card or US citizenship) at a certain age. Then the failure to act or be motivated to speaks for itself. Both the applicant and the country failed to take action seriously enough.

    AJ, Dwight, Tuffin all had family and people around them to act on time .. so with everyone else in the world who confirmed a new citizenship. Essentially no effort no gain.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-09-2022 at 03:24 AM.

  8. #7228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I am simply basing it on real life experience, it actually is quite tedious for busy people to establish Philippine citizenship when a parent was not a citizen in birth, I've fasciltated done both , and I tell you a normal unfamiliar family cannot realistically process passport on their own without assistance if parent was no longer a citizen. This is a far from a normal.process

    This is not the case for other countries processing, blame it on our red tape and lack of efficiency if you want .
    - I am simply basing it on real life experience

    That's actually anectdotal.

    Facts should be established first and we can establish that by asking Ms. Pizarro questions related to her citizenship.

    Until then, I can't go with the same conclusion as yours.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  9. #7229
    Senior Member C2Hamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,668
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Actually, even if his mother was no longer a PH citizen at the time of his birth, the process should not be that hard.

    By virtue R.A. No. 9225, she has not lost her PH citizenship. All she needs to do is to take her oath of allegiance.

    I assume the reason why he said that it is tedious was because they were unfamiliar with the process. Someone should have approached them to guide them.
    correct me if im wrong, but his mom is not a natural born Filipino. Ergo, she needs to acquire it and then pass it to her son. Similar to the kirkness but with an additional person to acquire the citizenship.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

    P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

  10. #7230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,830
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C2Hamm View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but his mom is not a natural born Filipino. Ergo, she needs to acquire it and then pass it to her son. Similar to the kirkness but with an additional person to acquire the citizenship.
    Actually, she is. She was born here in the Philippines to her Filipino parents.

    Using our laws, she is/was a natural-born PH citizen.

    The questions now are:

    - whether or not she acquired US citizenship through naturalization.
    - if it is in the affirmative, when did she acquire it?
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

  11. #7231
    Member jimjams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    47

    Default

    guys just a quick question here.
    does anybody know the price of the tickets for the February Gilas games?
    any info will be much appreciated. thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #7232
    Senior Member sroth3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    997
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CmD0UzsL...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

    Confirmed. We are in Pot 1 just as China was in Pot 1 back in 2019.

    Called it right. Not sure what nonsense robert0326 was spouting months ago. Saying pot 1 was given to China because of corruption and whatnot.

  13. #7233
    Senior Member sroth3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    997
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Brownlee Naturalization approved on the third reading:

    legacy.senate.gov.ph/lis/bill_res.aspx?congress=19&q=HBN-6224

  14. #7234
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sroth3839 View Post
    Brownlee Naturalization approved on the third reading:

    legacy.senate.gov.ph/lis/bill_res.aspx?congress=19&q=HBN-6224
    Congrats to the newly minted Filipino: Justino Kayumanggi-li


  15. #7235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    334
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sroth3839 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CmD0UzsL...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

    Confirmed. We are in Pot 1 just as China was in Pot 1 back in 2019.

    Called it right. Not sure what nonsense robert0326 was spouting months ago. Saying pot 1 was given to China because of corruption and whatnot.
    Who do you think will be the four teams in Pot 1? Gilas, USA, Spain, then France? Too bad then, as I really want to see a Kai vs. Victor matchup. But the good thing is we have a better chance to qualify for the Olympics because they will be placed in a weaker group.

  16. #7236
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,087
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Below is an old article that confirmed that Ron Jr. mother is a Philippine born citizen. I hope Jr. and his younger brother may somehow acquire that PH Passport ASAP especially the younger lad whom I think had the potential to be tag as a local if only they could get that document while he is still in his adolescent period because the only way now is to establish the brother’s basketball immersion and include Dylan in the under 18 3x3 line-up, SEA Games. Asian Games, PBA D-League and NBTC Global Games during his summer vacation and off-season at the States. Ano po Sir Dave confirm po ba na makakasama si Dylan sa line-up this coming NBTC Global Games to be held on March(?) thank you.

    Pizarro left Manila when she was seven to migrate to the US with her family. “We made sure our home in the US was a Filipino home with the core values, traditions and food,” she said. “My mom is an awesome cook and Ron attests to that. Ronald could eat chicken adobo and white rice every day and my two younger kids Dylan and Mia, the same thing. Ron loves adobo, too. Ronald grew up embracing our Filipino culture, feeling the warmth of Filipino generosity and hospitality.”
    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2021...pen-play-gilas

  17. #7237
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    6,446
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    the thing is , it will really not cost much financially and time to get Ron Harper Jr a passport , ( so that basically expands our NP pool ) he can be our prime prospect as a NP for 2027, ( of course why not try to get him exempted, we don't lose anything by trying , if it fails , we got a young NP pool member , it's kind of no brainer

  18. #7238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    598
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    "You say that as if you were the first man alive to think it" - Tywin Lannister GOT

  19. #7239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    476
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Breaking: Russia and Belarus will join Asia (OCA) And play all of there athletes in Asia starting next year, They will be newest members in Central Asia division and will join the likes of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and other members of Central Asia Olympic committee... As for basketball, they will likely to join to Asia as early as 2026... They can't join in early next year because FIBA Asia pre qualifiers (for 2025) are already started last year and they are already in the 2nd round... So Belarus and Russia will likely join their Asian campaign in basketball starting at 2029 FIBA Asia pre qualifiers maybe somewhere in 2026.... Maybe in football they can start to join 2026 FIFA WC Asian qualifiers next year....


    Australia, You now have a rival in Asian basketball scene in 2029 onwards... Goodluck to other Asian teams to beat those two giants....

  20. #7240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,576
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
    Breaking: Russia and Belarus will join Asia (OCA) And play all of there athletes in Asia starting next year, They will be newest members in Central Asia division and will join the likes of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and other members of Central Asia Olympic committee... As for basketball, they will likely to join to Asia as early as 2026... They can't join in early next year because FIBA Asia pre qualifiers (for 2025) are already started last year and they are already in the 2nd round... So Belarus and Russia will likely join their Asian campaign in basketball starting at 2029 FIBA Asia pre qualifiers maybe somewhere in 2026.... Maybe in football they can start to join 2026 FIFA WC Asian qualifiers next year....


    Australia, You now have a rival in Asian basketball scene in 2029 onwards... Goodluck to other Asian teams to beat those two giants....
    This would make winning even just the bronze medal in the FIBA Asia Cup very difficult among the true Asian countries. Also, this would make qualifying for the FIBA World Cup even harder now.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 362 of 377 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •