Page 552 of 565 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,040 of 11293

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Means lesser game time for Kai next season.
    so for now, we can expect the same minutes for kai as of last season due to the signing

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    so for now, we can expect the same minutes for kai as of last season due to the signing
    Are they a playoff team now?

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    My advice to Kai is not to participate in the 4th window....it will be bad for his career......he will just look bad in a team that lacks practise.....besides, there is no need to win..the real competition is still next year (sabi ni Chot and Tim Cone)......he should prioiritise his NBA or NBL career.......just join in the competition that matters which is next year and assuming that the team has 3 months practise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonifacio View Post
    My advice to Kai is not to participate in the 4th window....it will be bad for his career......he will just look bad in a team that lacks practise.....besides, there is no need to win..the real competition is still next year (sabi ni Chot and Tim Cone)......he should prioiritise his NBA or NBL career.......just join in the competition that matters which is next year and assuming that the team has 3 months practise.
    Still better for Kai to join just to familiarize his new teammates especially Clarkson… sino na aayaw maging kakampi si clarkson?

Acouth is no Bairstow. We can tag him as an insurance big and we wouldn’t be wrong. Never stayed in one team, paltry stats in NBL1. If I were to guess, he’d get an even lesser role than Manny Malou.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Are they a playoff team now?
    On paper, they should be. They did a good job bringing in high quality players.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    On paper, they should be. They did a good job bringing in high quality players.

On paper,this looks like a balance team to coach.

Kai is likely participating in Gilas and the NBL. At this point he has no other options, his Smith League tenure was cut short before it began.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Alondes only has 3 playing season on record , ( 5 is the # of years to exhaust eligibility)
    https://ca.edubirdie.com/buy-research-papers

Apparently they don't count his community junior college to his playing years. The NCAA actually has separate rules for Junior college.. (junior college is treated similar to prep school and many serve residency in junior college to save NCAA eligibility years)

You just have to check why this is.
    Yes, there are indeed such rules. Thank you for the reminder. By the way, who played basketball in high school or college? How relevant is it now? I think students are pretty busy these days, don't they? Often they are busy writing research papers probably and not much time is left for hobbies? Are there any students here who combine study and hobbies?

Hmmm. been a while before I visit.

But seems like no big good news yet

As for kai, I expect him to have 10-15 mins a game like last season.

Good luck to him and to our Gilas na rin.

Bye again Interbasket

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Bye again Interbasket

If anything,he will get more garbage minutes.

Bye again Interbasket
    Next best thing after World Cup Qualifier for Kai is the training camp that his team will have in the US where they will play 2 NBA teams.

Bye again Interbasket
    lol. math is the new anonymous. joke hehehe
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Kai sotto is the 7 foot 3 inches version of junemar fajardo

Quote Originally Posted by all_about View Post
    Kai sotto is the 7 foot 3 inches version of junemar fajardo
    Tell me you know nothing without telling me you know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    This is just not true. Tab was on the record stating that Kai was better off here than in the US or Europe.
    you always point that Tab said that. when actually before he said Kai should stay, he actually said Kai should stay or go outside the country but to Europe and not US.
    '"...I’d like to see him stay. But if did end up going outside, I’d like to see him go to Europe if that were the option,” Baldwin pointed out.' https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...-go-u-s/124342

your point is tiring already when the quote demands context.

in hindsight, shouldn't Kai just stayed and became a center and SBP made sure to develop him, became a Gilas center mainstay, wouldn't it be too bad? instead of this Unicorn wannabe when he doesnt have the athleticism? and instead of selling his soul to his masters at EWP? what happened was we dont know if Kai would be a power center or a finesse center. now he's stuck in between. since he chose the US, then guess what, his athleticism is lacking, and didn't develop enough skills.

Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    you always point that Tab said that. when actually before he said Kai should stay, he actually said Kai should stay or go outside the country but to Europe and not US.
    '"...I’d like to see him stay. But if did end up going outside, I’d like to see him go to Europe if that were the option,” Baldwin pointed out.' https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...-go-u-s/124342

in hindsight, shouldn't Kai just stayed and became a center and SBP made sure to develop him, became a Gilas center mainstay, wouldn't it be too bad? instead of this Unicorn wannabe when he doesnt have the athleticism? and instead of selling his soul to his masters at EWP? what happened was we dont know if Kai would be a power center or a finesse center. now he's stuck in between. since he chose the US, then guess what, his athleticism is lacking, and didn't develop enough skills.
    Thanks for the link. In context Tab just wants Kai to develop:

“I think there are some wrongs for him. Some things he shouldn’t do, some places he shouldn’t go. I don’t think he should go to the U.S. because over there, they are very, very win-oriented,”

He’s gotta use us to become a great player, and that will turn around and service Philippine basketball in the long run.”

Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post

First of all Tab reinforced this when rumors of Real Madrid where being floated.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/22584...ice-kai-sotto/

There was more than one time he did this. He wanted Kai to go Phillippines to NBA basically.

But he’s a kid who needs to be developed and that needs to be the emphasis. It shouldn’t be about what team he’s going to play for,” Baldwin said.

“The next significant teams that he plays for should be in the NBA. "
    When has this ever worked? We have never proven any ability to produce a G League or even D1 rotation player and he thinks that we can develop one for the NBA? Who is he kidding?

Also, Kai had options abroad beyond EWP and at least EWP lead him to the NBL which is better than all leagues in Asia especially the UAAP if that is what Tab had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    First of all Tab reinforced this when rumors of Real Madrid where being floated.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/22584...ice-kai-sotto/

There was more than one time he did this. He wanted Kai to go Phillippines to NBA basically.

When has this ever worked? We have never proven any ability to produce a G League or even D1 rotation player and he thinks that we can develop one for the NBA? Who is he kidding?

Also, Kai had options abroad beyond EWP and at least EWP lead him to the NBL which is better than all leagues in Asia especially the UAAP if that is what Tab had planned.
    I think Tab has a point here - he wanted Kai to go to a Developmental Program that will actually work on his game and not to a team that is on a win now mode like the NBL - Kai is really raw fundamentally (even until now he can't box out consistently) and as a 16-year-old kid going to Europe, he knew he wasn't ready for it:

“I still believe that’s the case and I think people just don’t understand what it means to go into the European theater and how difficult that is especially for a kid.”

We never developed a good player because we never had someone like Tab who actually tries to develop his players. Kai is an exceptional player in Philippines context and has a legit chance in landing in the NBA if developed properly, and he stated his plan on how to actually develop kai:

I’d like to see kept here, but kept here under a very strict training regime which is bringing in outside influences and teaching him the game with European coaches, some American coaches that work on the body and skill-development.

if you read the links to this article you'll see the main issue Kai had back then was the level of competition here.

https://sportando.basketball/en/real...ect-kai-sotto/

About Sotto, an NBA scout told Sportando: “He has very high potential because of his size and mobility. He’s skilled with the ball but his body needs to develop. The main concern is the competition he plays, he needs to get out of his comfort zone and face tougher competition”.
    This did not change despite Tab. There is only so much you can do vs this level of competition.

Also the European and even US offers turned out to be developmental. The European teams would stick Kai in there youth programs. Tab is just being disingenuous if he is acting like this isnt the case.

Page 552 of 565 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562 ... LastLast