Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    Gilas 12:

Chiu 6'9
    Tamayo 6'7
    Amos 6'7
    Quiambao 6'6
    Navarro 6'6 (PBA)
    Lopez 6'6
    Dwight 6'4 (BLG)
    Dave 6'4
    Abando 6'2
    Kiefer 5'11 (BLG)
    SJ 5'10 (KBL)
    RJ 5'10 (KBL)

notes:

-8 players standing 6'4 above
    -3 players stand above 200 centimeters (6'7)
    -5 are professionals with only two having an actual playing experience
    -5 are still playing collegiate basketball
    -only 1 above 25 years old
    Nenad is focused more on developing potential players for 2023. Abando and Chiu are starting to make their case. KQuiam is making his case for SEA and Asia levels. It's now Dave's chance. The good thing is Nenads system gives a lot of good looks. Dave will have lots of chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
      Nenad is focused more on developing potential players for 2023. Abando and Chiu are starting to make their case. KQuiam is making his case for SEA and Asia levels. It's now Dave's chance. The good thing is Nenads system gives a lot of good looks. Dave will have lots of chances.
      so Kquiam is quiambao's nickname? lol. Anyway this is the beauty of having a foreign coach, they emphasize on player development, unlike when Gilas was handled by local coaches who wants finished products on the team..

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
        so Kquiam is quiambao's nickname? lol. Anyway this is the beauty of having a foreign coach, they emphasize on player development, unlike when Gilas was handled by local coaches who wants finished products on the team..
        Development it is, esp on non bearing games. It is very evident on the Korea friendlies. Quiambao had a very erratic stretch and yet he wasn’t subbed out even with the game really tight. Coach Tab displayed the same on the King Abdulla Cup. Meanwhile everyone’s beloved can’t find a minute for Lebron against Indonesia.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Gilas 12:

Chiu 6'9
          Tamayo 6'7
          Amos 6'7
          Quiambao 6'6
          Navarro 6'6 (PBA)
          Lopez 6'6
          Dwight 6'4 (BLG)
          Dave 6'4
          Abando 6'2
          Kiefer 5'11 (BLG)
          SJ 5'10 (KBL)
          RJ 5'10 (KBL)

notes:

Quiambao and Tamayo's height were both an inch short of their supposed updated height since under 16.

Comment

• Don't have too good news. Let's wait for Thursday..

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
              Quiambao and Tamayo's height were both an inch short of their supposed updated height since under 16.
              And some posters here last year debated about Kevin Quiambao being 6'8" in height..

Comment

• Originally posted by yobabs715ph View Post
                https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/g...-window/243721

Gilas Pilipinas will only have 11 players during the 2023 FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers’ third window.

Head Coach: Nenad Vučinić

1.Kiefer Ravena
                2. Dave Ildefonso
                3. RJ Abarrientos
                4. SJ Belangel
                5. Rhenz Abando
                6. Geo Chiu
                7. William Navarro
                8. Kevin Quiambao
                9. Dwight Ramos
                10. Carl Tamayo
                11, ?????
                To those in the know, Im just curious why is Thirdy Racena not in the pool....Is he injured....He was rhe leading scorer of Gilas the past 1st and 2nd window games .

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  To those in the know, Im just curious why is Thirdy Racena not in the pool....Is he injured....He was rhe leading scorer of Gilas the past 1st and 2nd window games .
                  Maybe because of his outside shooting..

Comment

Gilas 12:

Chiu 6'9
                    Tamayo 6'7
                    Amos 6'7
                    Quiambao 6'6
                    Navarro 6'6 (PBA)
                    Lopez 6'6
                    Dwight 6'4 (BLG)
                    Dave 6'4
                    Abando 6'2
                    Kiefer 5'11 (BLG)
                    SJ 5'10 (KBL)
                    RJ 5'10 (KBL)

notes:

Looks like this lineup is for Nenad to fail so that Choke will have a glorious comeback..Why noy include an NP (ineligible Filfor) and play only with 11 man lineup. Granting its we are giving up against NZ, but India game is not a sure thing, India will be parading the 3 Singhs, Amhjot, Princepal and their shooter Brugavenshi...We knownthat the Singhs has been making our PBA bigs some fits from way back.... INDIA will be coach by a veteran internationalist in Matic...

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      Maybe because of his outside shooting..
                      We need Thirdy in the lineup not for his shooting but for his defense and slashing...All players need not be a Klay or Steph, you will need a Wiggins in your team also....
                      Last edited by sajubeads; 06-25-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

We need Thirdy in the lineup not for his shooting but for his defense and slashing...All ppayers need not be a Klay or Steph, you will need a Wiggins in your team also....
                        I couldn't agree with U more bro.

While Thirdy's 3-pt shooting isn't really impressive, I think its not that bad naman. I don't think Thirdy should be shooting 3's like a prime Jeff Chan or Dondon Hontiveros to effective with Gilas. No need to be as good as that becoz he is a natural slasher. Yun talaga laro ni Thirdy.

Also, Thirdy is a decent wing defender so I think that's an added value for him on the team. And of course, he has more experience playing FIBA or international basketball than some of the current players in the pool like Abando, Lopez, Dave I.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          Only 11 players for the third window: https://tbti.me/s22fzx

Basically the SoKor 10 plus Dave.

Shame we didn't recall Cariño and Liwag. Exposure sana, and we could have used some more frontline depth. Mason could have used this stint too.

Wonder how Dave will perform this window. Hope he can showcase good shot creation and playmaking.
                          Dave Ildefonso over Thirdy? That sounds very intriguing to me. This to think that Dave has just come from an ankle injury.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

We need Thirdy in the lineup not for his shooting but for his defense and slashing...All players need not be a Klay or Steph, you will need a Wiggins in your team also....
                            Even at 6'2, Thirdy is athletic and strong enough to defend guards and wings 6'7 below. If only his transition to PG in San-en was more productive he could at least replace SJ or RJ as PG for the team.

The recent U16 was a prime example of the need to have a capable back-up PG. When Bahay was sitting, Lebron Nieto is doing wonders for the opposing team most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              I couldn't agree with U more bro.

While Thirdy's 3-pt shooting isn't really impressive, I think its not that bad naman. I don't think Thirdy should be shooting 3's like a prime Jeff Chan or Dondon Hontiveros to effective with Gilas. No need to be as good as that becoz he is a natural slasher. Yun talaga laro ni Thirdy.

Also, Thirdy is a decent wing defender so I think that's an added value for him on the team. And of course, he has more experience playing FIBA or international basketball than some of the current players in the pool like Abando, Lopez, Dave I.
                              I agree. Thirdy is an "annoying" defender. Even without shooting buckets, he still contributes a lot in terms of defense.

I'd rather have someone who still contributes to the team without shooting over someone who has no other asset other than shooting because in a bad (shooting) day, they still contribute

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancho View Post
                                Even at 6'2, Thirdy is athletic and strong enough to defend guards and wings 6'7 below. If only his transition to PG in San-en was more productive he could at least replace SJ or RJ as PG for the team.

The recent U16 was a prime example of the need to have a capable back-up PG. When Bahay was sitting, Lebron Nieto is doing wonders for the opposing team most of the time.
                                Being a very athletic 6-foot-2 wingman, Thirdy won't be mismatched against 6-foot-4 or even 6-foot-5 wings of the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information