Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Although politics and sports are should in different discussion, The next year's PHL election is crucial to salvage to continue our FIBA 2023 WC hosting rights.. The current administration and of course IATF and DOH are failed to handle protocol in this times.. If the WC will held this year, 100% sure that the tournament will be postpone, Change host venue or might be cancel.. Now in discussion, Who do you think Presidential prospects can handle pandemic protocols properly and can manage to salvage the FIBA WC 2023 PHL hosting on the following year? We can't afford to stay this kind of protocols in 2023, Other countries will question our capabilities to host, They will call for a transfer venue or it might Japan and Indonesia only will host that event, We are the main host of the tournament, MVP spend billions to have this event, Hope our government can do something to lessen the worsening pandemic situation before 2023...

I just hope that both SBP & PBA would be open for the idea that some PBA players (perhaps 3 to 4)would reinforce Gilas in the 2023 World Cup, the PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas would train with Gilas whenever they are available. My concerned is that for a player like Kiefer who is going to play for Japan's B-league in for the 2021-2022 only & after that, balik uli sya sa PBA. The hitch is that, the B-league season ends in around May next year, so meaning Kiefer would already free from his commitment with his B-league team, but our beloved PBA would be running by that time (under usual circumstance). As we all know, PBA calendar isn't synchronized with the the calendar of B-league as well as all the other pro leagues of the world. Baka kasi after Kiefer's one season stint in the B-league, he would be compelled to play with NLEX in the PBA as soon as possible. That would prevent Kiefer from training with Gilas.

Since, as I've said that PBA season isn't synchronized the calendar of most pro leagues & FIBA as well, PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas would be compelled to train with Gilas during the PBA off season which would be around January to February. Meaning, coach Tab & Gilas will have to adjust their calendar to accomodate the PBA Gilas reinforcements.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I just hope that both SBP & PBA would be open for the idea that some PBA players (perhaps 3 to 4)would reinforce Gilas in the 2023 World Cup, the PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas would train with Gilas whenever they are available. My concerned is that for a player like Kiefer who is going to play for Japan's B-league in for the 2021-2022 only & after that, balik uli sya sa PBA. The hitch is that, the B-league season ends in around May next year, so meaning Kiefer would already free from his commitment with his B-league team, but our beloved PBA would be running by that time (under usual circumstance). As we all know, PBA calendar isn't synchronized with the the calendar of B-league as well as all the other pro leagues of the world. Baka kasi after Kiefer's one season stint in the B-league, he would be compelled to play with NLEX in the PBA as soon as possible. That would prevent Kiefer from training with Gilas.

Since, as I've said that PBA season isn't synchronized the calendar of most pro leagues & FIBA as well, PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas would be compelled to train with Gilas during the PBA off season which would be around January to February. Meaning, coach Tab & Gilas will have to adjust their calendar to accomodate the PBA Gilas reinforcements.

Why Tab and Gilas should accomodate? Tab and Gilas can use that time training overseas instead of staying home to train with a handful of PBA players,who after a long grueling season,is probably looking forward to rest minor injuries,or just a vacation away from basketball with family and recuperating.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Why Tab and Gilas should accomodate? Tab and Gilas can use that time training overseas instead of staying home to train with a handful of PBA players,who after a long grueling season,is probably looking forward to rest minor injuries,or just a vacation away from basketball with family and recuperating.
    How then would PBA players being eyed as Gilas reinforcements assimilate with coach Tab's system? The PBA reinforcements can't train with Gilas during the July to September period, which is the period FIBA & other internstional tourneys are held, becoz the PBA season would be in a full swing by that time.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

How then would PBA players being eyed as Gilas reinforcements assimilate with coach Tab's system? The PBA reinforcements can't train with Gilas during the July to September period, which is the period FIBA & other internstional tourneys are held, becoz the PBA season would be in a full swing by that time.

Well it looks like there won't be PBA players in the lineup then.You put yourself in the chosen PBA player shoes,you just have a long grueling season,probably nursing an injury or just both mentally and physically drainen,you're looking forward for some R&R,now you're being told to turn around and go to another grueling practice and games to go to.For the least at least it should be mandatory to give the chosen player a minimum of a 3 week rest before going to Gilas for practice and games.If not I'm guessing you will have a tired,angsty,disgruntled player,who just showed up to pacify the cancel culture mob.

i hope coach tab will add some players from collegiate ranks for this coming window with the likes of Quiambao, Cortez, Ambohot and abando. especially the pinoy B-league players will not be available. i saw some posts that kim jong Kyu (big) and the KBL MVP will play for korea for this coming window. no one from cadets can match up with kim jong kyu. if the PBA players allowed to play for sure its from the MVP teams. Almazan and Erram can minimize him. Oftana and Pogoy will be good addition also.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Well it looks like there won't be PBA players in the lineup then.You put yourself in the chosen PBA player shoes,you just have a long grueling season,probably nursing an injury or just both mentally and physically drainen,you're looking forward for some R&R,now you're being told to turn around and go to another grueling practice and games to go to.For the least at least it should be mandatory to give the chosen player a minimum of a 3 week rest before going to Gilas for practice and games.If not I'm guessing you will have a tired,angsty,disgruntled player,who just showed up to pacify the cancel culture mob.
    Well, with PBA struggling to run even just 1or at most 2 conferences in a season becoz of this pandemic, I think wear & tear or burn-out won't be an issue for PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This pandemic period has given PBA players a taste of what a real off-season feels like. Most of these PBA players have never been away from competitive basketball for about 4 months. Sanay na sila sa the almost non-existent 2-month PBA off-season

I am nots aying he will be in final lineup, but Prince Caperal is fiba ready, more ready than Isaac go and Rangel
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Well, with PBA struggling to run even just 1or at most 2 conferences in a season becoz of this pandemic, I think wear & tear or burn-out won't be an issue for PBA players being eyed to reinforce Gilas.
    Also, even if players come off a grueling season, if they want to represent the country, they will, and if they don’t want to, they won't. This is a free and democratic country after all. I don’t think we would need to force players like what China did with Wang Zhizhi.

Personally, I think if the players themselves want to play, then they will find a way. It is already a given fact that playing for the NT is always a sacrifice. In the end, the players that want to represent the NT will play if they want, like with Middleton, Booker, and Jrue who were all coming from the NBA Finals. If players don’t want to play like Jokic for the OQT, then they won’t.

Good example is Pingris in 2015. Pingris literally defied SMC to play for the National team.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I am nots aying he will be in final lineup, but Prince Caperal is fiba ready, more ready than Isaac go and Rangel
    Thanks, I will look at his highlights then. Does he do anything productive that can't be seen in highlights like Issac or Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Thanks, I will look at his highlights then. Does he do anything productive that can't be seen in highlights like Issac or Mike?
    Yup he is also the same guy (the one who highlight Mike Nietos Gilas contributions) who emphasizes Caperal's great rebounding percentage..

Looks like Indonesia will go to Prosper and Bolden in America after all to train..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Looks like Indonesia will go to Prosper and Bolden in America after all to train..
    Nice move... Preparing early should be must for them.. Lebanon is not cakewalk for them.. They are huge underdogs by the way..

this is a hint on the November 1st window for group A , in a bubble

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis...st-south-korea

I think for logistics it makes sense to hold Gilas camp in Korea in November, and let B league Gilas players and others just meet there about a week in advance
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 09-16-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    this is a hint on the November 1st window for group A , in a bubble

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis...st-south-korea

I think for logistics it makes sense to hold Gilas camp in Korea in November, and let B league Gilas players and others just meet there about a week in advance
    Maybe coach Tab will not include B-League players in 1st window.. most of these players are still new for their respective ball club.. They need to integrate to the system that their teams running throughout the season.. And we still have players here that always ready to play anytime.. I hope that Tab will add Cholo Anonuevo to the roster to replace D. Ramos for the meantime... And Dave Ildelfonso will be his time to show up what his capable for...

Navarro than thirdy. So far 3rdy is all muscle, no game. Maybe he is trying to transition to a different position, but as of now, he has no greater value than what navarro can offer.

If paul lee/ bolick are available, i'll choose them over kiefer. If i'll choose an atenean replacement, i prefer sean ildefonso to be the future point of gilas/ or he can be the backup SF. But if panopio is available, my bias is with panopio as pg, and sean as backup sf

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Navarro than thirdy. So far 3rdy is all muscle, no game. Maybe he is trying to transition to a different position, but as of now, he has no greater value than what navarro can offer.

If paul lee/ bolick are available, i'll choose them over kiefer. If i'll choose an atenean replacement, i prefer sean ildefonso to be the future point of gilas/ or he can be the backup SF. But if panopio is available, my bias is with panopio as pg, and sean as backup sf
    Bolick - sure.
    Paul Lee? He is a scoring guard and we have many scoring options out there. He is also a defensive liability.
    We need a stabilizer at the point guard spot.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Bolick - sure.
    Paul Lee? He is a scoring guard and we have many scoring options out there. He is also a defensive liability.
    We need a stabilizer at the point guard spot.
    Agree about Paul Lee. He's really a deadweight on defense. But offensively, I like Paul Lee very much

Agree about Paul Lee. He's really a deadweight on defense. But offensively, I like Paul Lee very much
    I rather have Black over Lee since Black is a big point guard which can hit threes when necessary.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast