Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    So meaning China most likely won't have Yi Jianlian, Abuderexity, Ding,(If plans won't change) in the 2023 World Cup qualifiers? You're probably right, China wants to focus for the future.
    China are always like that.. When they were disappointment in 2013, Most of the veteran players was replaced.. They used other tournaments such as FIBA Asia cup 2014 (That game was also Paul Lee's heroic moments), Stankovic Cup and 2014 Asian Games to use young players before like Zhou Qi, Guo Ailun, Ding Yanghuang for development.. Their target that time is 2015 FIBA Asia.. Maybe Yi might play for his farewell legendary international career in 2023 (Same batch as Haddadi).. Now they did it again when they were disappointment last 2019 WC in home soil.. And i will not surprise if they will finally use a NP, especially in 2023 (as per reports).. Because they realized that all local crew will not enough against Euro and Latino teams...

You have a valid point but remember, China is communist. Remember how Chinese basketball subjected Wang Zhizhi into some disciplinary procedure after he refused to play for the National team in some FIBA competitions. Chinese basketball isn't like pag ayaw ng player maglaro sa National team eh walang magagawa ang basketball federation nila. Chinese basketball isn't like Philippine basketball.
    Let's see.. Because very crucial if Zhou will not play for them.. It will hurt their chances, Carry over pa naman ang records from 1st round to 2nd round..

How I hope Indonesia would be able to beat Saudi Arabia & lose a decent game vs. either Iran, Jordan, or Kazakhstan (losing by say 8 to 12 pts. would be good enough for me).
    I want to see how will Bolden bring to Indonesian basketball, and their loyal fans.. I will not take the summer league stint as his gauge because we all know how tough that level is.. Although is he available in November? Or he might pursue first his NBA dream as his last chance... Also Jawato's availability also in question because he will also play in B-League.. If i were Toroman, I will field those African recruits in seniors level for gaining some experience.. They badly need height in every position...

So meaning China most likely won't have Yi Jianlian, Abuderexity, Ding,(If plans won't change) in the 2023 World Cup qualifiers? You're probably right, China wants to focus for the future.
    Yep, I researched about China prior to our tune-up game with them because I did not recognize most of the players. I did know that they were in rebuilding mode because of the post conferences of Du Feng in the ACQ, but I was not familiar with the players. I did my research and man, I was quite surprised. Sure, they may be unfamiliar names to many, some uninformed peeps in YT even said that this was a "C" team and made up amateur players, but they are very accomplished young players!

They have achieved a lot despite being young in the CBA! Remove Zhou Peng from their roster and you have an average age that can only match us. I do expect them to be reinforced by 2-3 veterans, but other than that, the core of players is set unless their Federation changes plans, because for now, like us, they are set on long-term success.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-09-1...sKk/index.html

https://www.breakinglatest.news/spor...sing-olympics/

https://breakinglatest.news/sports/s...-is-confident/

https://www.breakinglatest.news/spor...d-he-saw-hope/

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/202...1310022822.htm

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    they will finally use a NP, especially in 2023 (as per reports)
    I hope we see this happen. We all want to see a strong China after all. It would be nice if they could get a Blatche level player.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I want to see how will Bolden bring to Indonesian basketball, and their loyal fans.. I will not take the summer league stint as his gauge because we all know how tough that level is.. Although is he available in November? Or he might pursue first his NBA dream as his last chance... Also Jawato's availability also in question because he will also play in B-League.. If i were Toroman, I will field those African recruits in seniors level for gaining some experience.. They badly need height in every position...
    BTW, I'm referring to a full-force Indonesia team ha. I mean Indonesia with a naturalized player, Jawato & its top veteran locals Prastawa & Grahita. I would understand a depleted Indonesia team losing by a big margin (25+ pts.) against either Iran, Kaz, Jordan.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

BTW, I'm referring to a full-force Indonesia team ha. I mean Indonesia with a naturalized player, Jawato & its top veteran locals Prastawa & Grahita. I would understand a depleted Indonesia team losing by a big margin (25+ pts.) against either Iran, Kaz, Jordan.
    I doubt Jawato will be released by his B-League team, especially Indonesia will be assign to play their qualifiers in West region.. Bahrain, Jordan or Jeddah bubble will be expected to host that one.. Too far for Jawato to go there.. We might see him in Asia cup tournament na next year.. Same as Bolden, he might try again one more try in his NBA dreams by playing in G-League.. So they will go again to Prosper.. that's why Toroman should insert his African recruits that early, so that they will be costume in that level, same case also for Derrick Micheal...

Fiba should avoid best 3rd or 4th placera in the group to qualify in the world cup why have them compete( third placers for africa and fourth placers in americas in wildcard tournament( fifa had one) and have indonesia host and compete with it if they cant qualify in world cup for the 2 slots..with that Indonesia will get their chance at the same time compete in "higher" level and teams who didnt become best 3rd placer or 4th placer have their real chance you can never know who can win between americas and africa..

Just like the oqt fiba will benefit with more games
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Sucks to be Hidilyn Diaz or onenof the officials just sitting and doing nothing there
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I feel for India. Indonesia should be the one facing NZ, Korea and Gilas.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

FIBA WC QUALIFIERS

GROUP A
    New Zealand
    Korea
    Philippines
    India

GROUP B
    Australia
    China
    Japan
    Chinese Taipei

GROUP C
    Jordan
    Lebanon
    Indonesia
    Saudi Arabia

GROUP D
    Iran
    Kazakhstan
    Syria
    Bahrain

Lol FIBA just loves grouping Philippines-Korea, Jordan-Lebanon and Iran-Kazakhstan together, don’t they?

Kidding aside, hope Tab finally gets one over NZ. Looking forward to another K-drama between us and the Koreans.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Lol FIBA just loves grouping Philippines-Korea, Jordan-Lebanon and Iran-Kazakhstan together, don’t they?

Kidding aside, hope Tab finally gets one over NZ. Looking forward to another K-drama between us and the Koreans.
    I would have really preferred Gilas to be grouped with Australia and China for development. Chinese Taipei would have been a better challenge compared to India, but it is what it is. Like NOiNU said, I feel for India. With this much leeway, Indonesia should better make use of these chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    FIBA WC QUALIFIERS

GROUP A
    New Zealand
    Korea
    Philippines
    India

GROUP B
    Australia
    China
    Japan
    Chinese Taipei

GROUP C
    Jordan
    Lebanon
    Indonesia
    Saudi Arabia

GROUP D
    Iran
    Kazakhstan
    Syria
    Bahrain
    lol @ Indonesia being lumped with West and Gulf Asia, still don't like their chances though despite being part of a weaker group (relatively)
    Ducks fly together!

I like our group! this is our opportunity to prove that we can beat korea regulary and hoping we can beat them at ther home court.

NZL is very tough but beatable compare to AUS.

We should beat IND twice.

GROUP B...kawawang taiwan bugbog nanaman lol.

GROUP C may chance INA!

Group D is the weakest
    Last edited by GoPilipinas; 08-31-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    I would have really preferred Gilas to be grouped with Australia and China for development. Chinese Taipei would have been a better challenge compared to India, but it is what it is. Like NOiNU said, I feel for India. With this much leeway, Indonesia should better make use of these chances.
    After the colourful shit that went down three years back, I won't be surprised if FIBA conspired to make sure we wouldn't be grouped with Australia this time around.

I honestly want to see us go up against NZ because the last encounter (back in the 2016 OQT) didn't do it justice. I don't know but I felt like we didn't play to our full potential albeit having Tab and PBA players.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    I like our group! this is our opportunity to prove that we can beat korea regulary and hoping we can beat them at ther home court.

NZL is very tough but beatable compare to AUS.

We should beat IND twice.

GROUP B...kawawang taiwan bugbog nanaman lol.

GROUP C may chance INA!

Group D is the weakest
    It's going to be a dog fight between INA and KSA for the last spot. This is easy to call.

Neither team has the capability to beat Lebanon or Jordan in their full strength. The only thing going for them is Lebanon's economic crisis may hamper their preparations but they've been in worst spots before (2006 Israel-Hezbollah war).
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Not the biggest fan of K-pop. Well, if we can't beat them in music, let's beat them in basketball.

It's going to be a dog fight between INA and KSA for the last spot. This is easy to call.

Neither team has the capability to beat Lebanon or Jordan in their full strength. The only thing going for them is Lebanon's economic crisis may hamper their preparations but they've been in worst spots before (2006 Israel-Hezbollah war).
    I don't see Indonesia beating Saudi Arabia unless they get Marquis and Jawato. Saudi is capable giving teams a challenge with peskiness and athleticism. Lebanon and Jordan are just too much for Indonesia.

The winner of Taiwan-Guam match gets its price. Taduh! Beaing grouped with Australia, China and Japan in Group B.

India is the sacrificial lamb from West Region being thrown to the lions' cage.

Syria and Bahrain are lucky bastards. They were grouped to the arguably weakest bracket in the qualifiers.
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

Gilas is now taking the footprints of the Tall Blacks and the Boomers - call ups from pro players from the PBA and overseas plus Cadets as Team B. Much more like it as our talent pool becomes deeper.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...210831-fbfirst
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

I don't underestimate KSA team.. this team are improving every each tournament and they are unique type of team.. And their top 2 players are young (i'm talking about Al-Suwailem and Abdul Gabar), especially their center.. I see him will become top 5 big man in Asia in next 5 years.. and they are athletic.. That's dangerous if you are Jordan, Lebanon and Indonesia... Jordan might miss Al Dwairi in the 1st two rounds because of his commitment with Euroleague team.. Al Suwailem will have a easy prey against other bigs of Jordan.. Also Abbas is retired now with Jordan.. So they might in trouble in the 1st 2 qualifiers... While Lebanon, i don't know their line up, since the last time i saw them was February.. I don't know how Lebanon are doing right now...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast