Page 335 of 378 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,700 of 7559

Thread: 2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    Yeah that's not a good sign. Anyone know the rebounding totals for both teams?
    PHI: 46 (17 offensive)
    JOR: 40 (14 offensive)

We had a better offensive rebound percentage. 39.4% as opposed to Jordan's 32.6%. We did a better job securing rhe boards, especially in the 2nd half.

This Jordan's lose over Philippines and KSA wins over India means either Jordan and KSA will not directly qualify for next year's WC this window... Still Jordan has 1 game lead but they should act right now in able to not steal that last spot for Saudis... Meanwhile, KSA should be proud that this could be their farthest achievement that they could do as of now even w/o top big man Al Suwailem.... Who knows... Stars will be alighted to them and we will see them at WC surprisingly... Going to the WC is already achievement for them already... Meanwhile, India is out now for WC qualification slot for Group E....

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    PHI: 46 (17 offensive)
    JOR: 40 (14 offensive)
    Thanks, hopefully we can win that department consistently.

Heading, bolick and romeo are probably the top 3 best 3 point shooting players in the country apparently they all have conflict with our officials lol...

Good thing we have Clarkson he will help us in that area specially in the world stage.

Quote Originally Posted by deku_midoriya View Post
    Thats why the "it remains to be seen". For perez, malonzo and skati they have played well enough in multiple games to be of strong consideration.
    Not sure about Malonzo, the only two things he did today was dribble past a 38-year old Zaid Abbas for a dunk and reject a dumb shot by Tucker (but called a foul). It reminded me of when fellow La Sallistas wanted BJ Manalo to be player of the game after going like 2/2 with 1 assist in 5 minutes after coming off another injury. Malonzo has some size and is probably the best athlete in the pool... but Chot doesn't know how to use him like he doesn't know how to use a lot of other players in the past 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by deku_midoriya View Post
    We always have lots of scoring PG. But 13 boards? Not calma, johnny a, alapag nor castro.
    We still need a real PG IMO. Against Jordan and mid level ME teams sure. But against tougher teams we need someone to take the pressure off our combo guards

Defense was good. Now let's resolve the shooting.

Even without heading, gilas players like jc, parks, dwight can still shoot. The bigs, kai, carl and japeth, can take the 3 and make it. I think the worst shooters are malonzo and perez.

But having heading is like having a caidic or a chan for the philippines. Having a designated knock down shooter is always helpful for any version of gilas

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    When your point guard has doubled the rebounding output of your center, it says a lot about the strength of your center. Kai has to be stronger than this especially in the rebounding department.
    maybe it's because of Scottie's good nose for the ball plus with his timing and positioning, even with ginebra there were several times that he outrebounded Greg and Japeth and ave. more rebounds than the twin towers

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    We still need a real PG IMO. Against Jordan and mid level ME teams sure. But against tougher teams we need someone to take the pressure off our combo guards
    Real PG nga, ineffective naman. I would rather have a converted PG who brings in the intangibles and can impact the game.

i'm still not too sure about rj. it might work if he plays 5-10 mins at most but he's still too small to be our lead guard for extended periods. i'm sure chot with his small ball fetish would love him

Too bad our real point guards can't do anything against World Class teams (NZ away, The DR a few years back, and every game in the 2019 World Cup) with 6'4 PG's and 6'6 wings who can switch to guard our bigs and are still fast enough to stay in front of your stereotype 5'10 Filipino guard. Tab badly wanted to make Ramos a ball-handling combo guard and Balti a wing.

Does anyone watch Scottie in Perpetual. He is their PG and facilitator. Thats why he was battling Jio Jalalon for the most triple double in NCAA 91

I counted 2 board slaps. 1 from Jap, 1 from Malonzo.

Was surprised PHL didnt get a T

Lebanon every window they are improving every game... even w/o Arakji, they still holding own vs more favorite NZL team..... They are also very good 3rd qtr team...

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
    Lebanon every window they are improving every game... even w/o Arakji, they still holding own vs more favorite NZL team..... They are also very good 3rd qtr team...
    Without Arakji, Darwich, Saoud, Khayyat, Chamoun..
    It's our B team out there winning.

It's crazy 2022 for Lebanese basketball.

And we play with the awful naturalized player. This is the best team we ever had. Deepest team ever.

Wow Lebanon, without most of their starters and an awful NP. Good job! 77-65 winner vs NZ

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    i'm still not too sure about rj. it might work if he plays 5-10 mins at most but he's still too small to be our lead guard for extended periods. i'm sure chot with his small ball fetish would love him
    I agree RJ is too small.

But who do we have as competent "real" pg that is tall enough?

Kiefer? Bolick? Dalph?

Page 335 of 378 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast