Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Asian FIBA Games Megathread (NTs. Clubs, Etc)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
    Pretty interesting actually since the last time Horford suited up for DR was 10 YEARS AGO, i wonder what changed for him to eventually suit up after all these years??
    He wants to go to the Philippines next year without spending money, thats why

I read somewhere that playing FIBA basketball is suddenly cool now in the NBA circle. And playing games for the NT is something that cant be replicated in an NBA setting. KD in last year's Olympics, observed that fringe NBA players like Evan Fournier and Patty Mills were suddenly monsters, and became his equal when they are playing for their respective countries.

Comment

• 1/4 of the Greek National Team for the EuroBasket 2023. The Antetokounmpo Bros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
        We could only wish that. Back in 2020, before all this shit hits the fan, Tim Tebow (he was born in Makati Medical Center) was scheduled to play for the Habagat. Too bad the World stopped back then.

The only MLBer that i know of, that is of Filipino heritiage, are the d'Arnaud brothers, Travis and Chase. I think Chase is old now and has retired.

Alex Cabagnot's Fil-Am Nation Select is also scouting and recruiting baseball players of Filipino heritage.

MLB had the next WBC scheduled for 2023, but nothing is definite in this time and age.

EDIT: PHL wont be sending a team 2023. they are replaced by Argentina
        OUCH!!!!!!!! I've miss watching our Blu Boys and now this thing happened.

Comment

• Milos Teodosic reportedly cut by Serbia

Teodosic, 35, has been a regular for Serbia for more than a decade and was available when healthy. That will not be the case in the 2022 EuroBasket. Senior national team selector Svetislav Pesic has decided to cut him, according to Mozzart Sport.

Teodosic is also expected to miss the next games of the World Cup Qualifiers. Serbia qualified and entered Group I of the final round and will face Greece on 25 August and Turkey three days later.

Comment

• Giannis Antetokounmpo with 31 points and 10 rebounds in tune-up 86-70 win of Greece over Spain

Comment

Milos Teodosic reportedly cut by Serbia

Teodosic, 35, has been a regular for Serbia for more than a decade and was available when healthy. That will not be the case in the 2022 EuroBasket. Senior national team selector Svetislav Pesic has decided to cut him, according to Mozzart Sport.

Teodosic is also expected to miss the next games of the World Cup Qualifiers. Serbia qualified and entered Group I of the final round and will face Greece on 25 August and Turkey three days later.
              Pesic was totally direct and he said that he did the same with the longtime captain of the national team: “I told him directly that I cannot, after everything I’ve seen in the practices, offer him the status and place he had so far in the national team, that I’m turning to players who I think can give more at this moment”.

Comment

• Bronny James vs. Team France 18n and under

25 points from Prince James

Comment

Pesic was totally direct and he said that he did the same with the longtime captain of the national team: “I told him directly that I cannot, after everything I’ve seen in the practices, offer him the status and place he had so far in the national team, that I’m turning to players who I think can give more at this moment”.
                  Correct shows you how much cojones pesic has. After losing the last two qualifying games, he still opt to scratch teo despite the deficiency of firepower if the serbian team during stretches of the game..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Lithuanian Girls Are the U18 European Champions

Comment

• Giannis scored 24 in 22 minutes and Greece got the 101-78 win in a prep game over Poland

Comment

• The Kai Sotto of Latvia's double-double powered his team to an impressive victory over Turkey in Riga

Comment

The Kai Sotto of Latvia's double-double powered his team to an impressive victory over Turkey in Riga
                          the guys ceratinly past his athletic prime but still able to be in fiba mode.. no eurobasket for them so we see kp in fiba game one last time unless the other guys do their job in the remaining 2 windows

Comment

• Serbia beats Greece 100 to 94

Joker Vs Giannis

Efficiency +28 || +37
                            Points 29 || 40
                            Rebounds 8 || 8
                            Assists 6 || 5
                            Steals 1 || 2

Comment

Serbia beats Greece 100 to 94

Joker Vs Giannis

Efficiency +28 || +37
                              Points 29 || 40
                              Rebounds 8 || 8
                              Assists 6 || 5
                              Steals 1 || 2
                              Serbia is in must win mode every single game now from now on, will they be able to field euroleague players in 5th and 6th window? And for this game the euroleague mvp was benched in favor of jaramaz

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                Serbia is in must win mode every single game now from now on, will they be able to field euroleague players in 5th and 6th window? And for this game the euroleague mvp was benched in favor of jaramaz
                                Yeah, Jokic in the WC 2023 is a must. He’s one of the main reasons I’m still buying tickets for this event lolz.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information