Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Asian FIBA Games Megathread (NTs. Clubs, Etc)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, Grant Hill is the new managing director of USA Basketball .

Hill’s first challenge will be hiring a new head coach for USA Basketball.

Comment

What If?

In honor of the NBA’s upcoming anniversary, we consider how small ripples in the timeline could have changed the trajectory of the league.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        Nice read.

Lost in the What If Universe is:

What if Lew Alcindor decided to sign with New York Nets in the ABA, when he got drafted number 1 overall the same year Milwaukee Bucks drafted him at #1. He could've teamed up with Julius Erving in that franchise, and they'll be a bigger draw than the Knicks.

ABA would still probably merged with the NBA, but that would change the NBA history dramatically. Lew Alcindor ( later Kareem Abdul Jabbar) , a native New Yorker, would probably never leave NY Nets for the LA Lakers, and the Nets would probably never sell Dr. J to the Sixers.

Lakers would have had a worse record, so they'll still probably draft Magic. But with no Kareem in the middle, they wouldn't win as much. Maybe Pat Riley and Jerry West wont be as successful.

Without Riley, there wont be Miami Heat either. and no one to recruit Lebron out of Cleveland.

No Jerry West means no Shaq too. And no West would definitely mean, Kobe wont be a Laker. It was West who traded Divac for Kobe.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

UK 71
            Duke 79

Paolo Banchero 22pts 7 rebounds 2 steals 7/11 fg

Gonzaga 97
            Dixie State 63

Chet Holmgren 17 pts, 13 rebounds 7 blocks, 6 assists, 4/6 fg, 0/2 3 pt fg

sigpic

Comment

UK 71
              Duke 79

Gonzaga 97
              Dixie State 63

chet holmgren game highlights vs dixie state

sigpic

Comment

UK 71
                Duke 79

Gonzaga 97
                Dixie State 63

sigpic

Comment

I'm not really sure, but i think Paolo Banchero should have some filipino lineage in him if his uncle is indeed Chris diba? especially if its first degree relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                    I'm not really sure, but i think Paolo Banchero should have some filipino lineage in him if his uncle is indeed Chris diba? especially if its first degree relative.
                    yes, chris banchero is his uncle. But I dont think he have Filipino lineage. I also dont think it is first degree Gonna check.

anyway, he will probably play for usa than gilas even if he have filipino lineage

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                      yes, chris banchero is his uncle. But I dont think he have Filipino lineage. I also dont think it is first degree Gonna check.

anyway, he will probably play for usa than gilas even if he have filipino lineage
                      Sabagay, i've been researching the guy since his name popped out of the basketball scene and i haven't seen any articles if Chris is indeed is first degree uncle.

Comment

lols to india. i see the reason why they are not improving or even if they do, the process is slow. a 6'11 or 7'0 bigmen against 6'1 center from maldives? damn.

South Asia subzone is definitely worse than Southeast Asia subzone. Indonesia and Thailand could easily dismantle the participants in this SABA tournament (Maldives, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka).
                        Last edited by ja.he; 11-23-2021, 02:24 PM.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

nigeria call up for bright akhuetie

UAAP Season 82 was the last time Bright Akhuetie would don the University of the Philippines uniform. Akhuetie and the Fighting Maroons have decided that it would be better for the team to field Malick Diouf for the upcoming UAAP Season 84 season. The tournament begins in early 2022. “One year na lang lalaruin niya […]

sigpic

Comment

Nice to see Julius Nwosu now coaching.

I remember him being our import for the SEABA Champions Cup back in 2007.
                            GILAS WISHLIST:
                            6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                              South Asia zone are the worst basketball region in the world.. even those Pacific nations likes of Fiji, Tonga can beat them.. even India are barely qualified to Asia cup last August if not chocking moment from Palestine... India will be the worst team come FIBA Asia cup next year.. Indonesia is way better than them...
                              But I give SEA teams (excluding PH) the upperhand against Pacific teams. Remember, Fiji got manhandled by Thailand and Singapore. Fiji was the bronze medalist in 2019 Pacific Games. Guam is on another level, though.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                                We will see this again next year on 2025 FIBA Asia pre- qualifiers.. East region teams like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau, Hong Kong, Fiji and Guam (Guam will overkill again this tournament) again will be at that tournament.. Hoping for Vietnam's appearance.. their basketball program is now on the rise.. While Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Palestine, Iraq and SRI Lanka will meet at the western region.. If not for Pandemic, this format is exciting.. Maybe next time it will be materialize more...
                                I hope that Samoa, Tonga and Tahiti to be in tourney next year. The Western Qualifiers will be a bloodbath with Qatar, Palestine and Iraq battles with UAE and Kuwait. Sri Lanka will get smashed again here.

Tonga can recruit Mo Tautua'a in their team. With him at the 4, Tonga can form a competitive frontcourt duo of Mo and Maika Ostling with Marcus Alipate at the backcourt.
                                Last edited by ja.he; 11-24-2021, 03:02 AM.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information