No announcement yet.

NBL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hukporti finishes with 11 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists in 17 minutes. He is a Plus 19.

Comment

• Kai Sotto Stats Today (End of Game)

12pts
      4 rebs
      1ast
      5/9 FG
      1/2 3pt FG
      1/2 FT
      3 Fouls
      -15 Plus Minus
      19:03 Mins Playing Time.

PS: Melbourne Won 101-74 against Adelaide. So Plus minus is a given to all adl players.

Comment

• wala din talaga tung UPSIDE si Hukporti!haha kung di magsipag yan na talaga yan! wala talagang pag-asa magkaoutside shot!hahah Tulad nung Duren sa NCAA sobrang limited. paano na yan spacing daw NBA ngayun sabi ni Givony?hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
          ESPN coverage shows NBA scout Austin Ainge (son of Danny Ainge) sitting among the crowd. Commentary is saying he came to watch Ariel Hukporti.
          I imagine he left the arena disappointed seeing Hukporti can't defend a PBA level flop.

Comment

• Sorry to discuss 4 of the Kiwi guards who played well yesterday and today
            Le Afa ( 5 straight games double figures and potential ROY)

Te Rangi in starting 5 for SEM

Shea ili -starter and candidate for 6th man and defensive player of the year

Prewster 1st meaningful minutes in season.

Essentially it gives you an idea of the New Zealand players for 3rd window and Asia cup vs Gilas..

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              Essentially it gives you an idea of the New Zealand players for 3rd window and Asia cup vs Gilas..
              Rip Chot Reyes, I'd just wave the white flag and save myself the embarrassment if I was him. I'd be surprised if that doesn't translate into a 35 point blowout for gilas. I easily saw the previous 25 point spanking coming, it was so damn predictable, classic pinoy coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
                Rip Chot Reyes, I'd just wave the white flag and save myself the embarrassment if I was him. I'd be surprised if that doesn't translate into a 35 point blowout for gilas. I easily saw the previous 25 point spanking coming, it was so damn predictable, classic pinoy coaches.
                Hopefully you can see why people are amused when some think Gilas could be favored over NZ . as these Kiwis are a bunch of unknowns to them, cause they have zero NBA pedigree

Comment

Hopefully you can see why people are amused when some think Gilas could be favored over NZ . as these Kiwis are a bunch of unknowns to them, cause they have zero NBA pedigree
                  Only Pinoys outside of IBN will feel that way, favoring Gilas over NZ. No point talking about them since they're just your typical casual fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    PG : Bolick vs Britt : advantage Gilas
                    SG: Dwight vs Dion : advantage NZ
                    SF Thirdy vs Rushtbach: advantage Gilas
                    Big SF : Navarro vs Inger : Advantage NZ ( shooting of Inger and Rushbatch is vastly superior to Navarro and Thirdy, but both Gilas players are better defenders)

PF Vodonavich vs Troy " Advantage NZ ( Vodo and Samuel are better rebounders and versatile scorers than Gilas PFs)
                    C Kouame vs Loe ( significant advantage Gilas)
                    Note Wynyard and Loe are slow .. cannot keep with Kouame's activity

scoring guard : Juan vs Bezzant ( advantage NZ)

chemistry cohesion : Advantage Gilas ( NZ formed 2 days before 1st game)
                    Coaching : Advantage Gilas

Conclusion : Advantage Gilas
                    Didn't you say this?

Comment

• NZ vs Perth ongoing.. Breakers finally playing like a top 4 team with a all players available.
                      The 5 of
                      Siva
                      Besson
                      Abercrombie
                      Delaney
                      Wetzell

Is solid. Gaze. "This is a top 4 team if you didn't look at record.. a dangerous team for top teams to play..

Comment

• ^ Yes he did

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                          Didn't you say this?
                          Yes, practically none of those Nz players in February get any minutes in NBL.
                          I was referring to the better NZ players who get minutes in the NBL. Note in 2016 OQT, Gilas was favored in betting odds. Cause the Nz team were unknowns.
                          But in reality Gilas in 2016 OQT for me overachieved, they just didn't know how much a gap NZ was better as they were unknown to Pinoy fans.

This is actually Tab's assessment, but of course SBP thought otherwise

On February window yes I actually expected Gilas to be more cohesive given Last year Gilaa performance and Nz had 2 practices (which is true)

Comment

I was referring to the better NZ players who get minutes in the NBL. Note in 2016 OQT, Gilas was favored in betting odds. Cause the Nz team were unknowns.
                            But in reality Gilas in 2016 OQT for me overachieved, they just didn't know how much a gap NZ was better as they were unknown to Pinoy fans.

Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Comment

On February window yes I actually expected Gilas to be more cohesive given Last year Gilaa performance and Nz had 2 practices (which is true)
                              Are you indirectly knocking pba players by indirectly saying

NBL NZ Bench Players Outplayed Pba Players? Hahahha.

If the gap between the leagues of NBL and Pba is that huge.

I guess Kai will already be a Starter, if not star in the pba even at 19 yrs old if he plays there.

Anyways, 14 Games done for Kai. Last 9 Games in NBL now. (I doubt adl will make playoffs)

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                Are you indirectly knocking pba players by indirectly saying

NBL NZ Bench Players Outplayed Pba Players? Hahahha.

If the gap between the leagues of NBL and Pba is that huge.

I guess Kai will already be a Starter, if not star in the pba even at 19 yrs old if he plays there.

Anyways, 14 Games done for Kai. Last 9 Games in NBL now. (I doubt adl will make playoffs)
                                kai would definitely be starter and star quality in the pba now haha

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information