Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBL thread

anything about Nbl australia that will start on November 18,2021

I am not familiar yet on NBL. But based on forums and reddit about NBL. talentwise NBL:

BEST TEAMS: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and Illawarra.

I hope the new coach of adelaide both have success on Kai and adelaide. Looks like a talented roster.

Coach Henry record last season was 13-23 which is not very good.

I think the Adelaide Front Office wants a coach who will produce better results. Just pure speculation though

Comment

Perth is always a traditional strong team., Perth and New Zealand are like the Lakers and Celtics , storied rivalry. The 2 have around 8 championships in last decade

The 36ers are considered a weak team
      Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-27-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

It's good this thread was created, so we can inform without looking like there is an agenda or anything.

Do note the Breakers have NOT officially signed Hugo Besson, despite it being circulated all over media and with even Hugo and Besson confirming the signing, so what gives?

ok here it is , Hugo is now registering in mock drafts , originally the Breakers were going to sign him as an open import, as the next star signup for the Breakers was taken up by Dieng . The Breakers have only 1 import signed Silva (3 is max). So you ask what's the problem.. why can't they sign Besson?. Well here is the thing, "he's classified as Next Star level"! And at least 3 NBL teams do not have a next star player yet. So it's unfair for the Breakers to have 2.
        So don't be suprise if Besson is assigned to another team and not the Breakers, despite the Breakers finding and recruiting him
        Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-27-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
          Perth is always a traditional strong team., Perth and New Zealand are like the Lakers and Celtics , storied rivalry. The 2 have around 8 championships in last decade

The 36ers are considered a weak team
          I will not argue that, especially with tat 13-23 win loss record by adelaide last season.lol.

But I think each team reconstructed their team.

hope for the best for adelaide and kai.

as for new zealand breakers, you know better about that team.

I just based my earlier post in reddit and forum comments.

Comment

Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
            It's good this thread was created, so we can inform without looking like there is an agenda or anything.

Do note the Breakers have NOT officially signed Hugo Besson, despite it being circulated all over media and with even Hugo and Besson confirming the signing, so what gives?

ok here it is , Hugo is now registering in mock drafts , originally the Breakers were going to sign him as an open import, as the next star signup for the Breakers was taken up by Dieng . The Breakers have only 1 import signed Silva (3 is max). So you ask what's the problem.. why can't they sign Besson?. Well here is the thing, "he's classified as Next Star level"! And at least 3 NBL teams do not have a next star player yet. So it's unfair for the Breakers to have 2.
            So don't be suprise if Besson is assigned to another team and not the Breakers, despite the Breakers finding and recruiting him
            Ok sir. Thanks for the info.

I have a question though.

Dieng is a Senegalese.

Kai and Baba are both Asian. So of course, teams would choose to sign them as a SRP rather than Next Stars. In order for them to reserve their next stars slot.

(Are there any Asian Next Stars Signing yet?)

So, what you meant sir is if an Asian Player is a "Next Stars Program Level Player". And some NBL team sign him as SRP(since he is asian), other NBL teams will complain???

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
              Ok sir. Thanks for the info.

I have a question though.

1. Dieng is a Senegalese.

2. Kai and Baba are both Asian. So of course, teams would choose to sign them as a SRP rather than Next Stars. In order for them to reserve their next stars slot.

(Are there any Asian Next Stars Signing yet?)

3. So, what you meant sir is if an Asian Player is a "Next Stars Program Level Player". And some NBL team sign him as SRP(since he is asian), other NBL teams will complain???
              1. Players nationality are based on Citizenship not ethnicity, Dieng is a French Citizen like Hugo Besson.
              2. No that is incorrect, every team if a player is assessed as Next star level, will want to sign that assessed player as a next star sign up, (why? ) because the money salary is PAID by the league , not the team, so essentially the team saves the significant money paid. ( note a team is free to pay the player in addition to what the league will pay the player, And Kai was signed by the 36ers before they had a next star ( King had not yet been released or transferred)

And all players are required to be assessed, both Kai and Baba did not qualify as next star players.
              Understand this fundamental required process " ALL PLAYERS ARE ASSESSED AS TO LEVEL" by the NBL , that is required process for the NBL to determine classifications in order to regulate competitive balance. How can the league know that a team has not exceeded it's limit of marquee players (4) or next star player (1) if it does not make an assessment of each player's level ?.

As in Besson ( young not yet drafted) case you cannot allocate a classification such as "Import, on a player who is Next star level and age and status (still to enter draft)

Furthermore you CANNOT sign a next star player level player ,if you already have a player signed and assessed as a next star player level (Dieng) .

3. Yes , that is in violation of the principle of why they have a max for marquee (4) and next star (1) and is why Besson cannot be signed by the Breakers as an import. The Breakers have to choose between Dieng and Besson who their next star player is.
              Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-28-2021, 12:35 AM.

Comment

The main observation is while a lot of the teams have improved this off-season, the 36ers have remained stagnant in level, they have lost the rookie of the year Giddey and two good imports, the replacement imports aren't notable and the new additions do not make them better than the players thye lost

Comment

Mccarron
                  Hannahs
                  Withers
                  Johnson
                  Humphries

Dufelmeier
                  King
                  Dech
                  Malou
                  Sotto

Still 2 spots open

Shooting and defence has gone up imo
                  They are a better team than last year if the import spot is good and the other local.

Comment

^
                    Yes it is possibility improvement from form their 33 % winning percentage last year , dependent on how good their imports are. I just don't think at the moment many are projecting them to be a top 4 team this coming season.

Comment

Looking at the rosters so far, I put Adelaide in 6th

Sydney kings
                      Nz breakers
                      Illawara Hawks
                      Perth Wildcats
                      Melbourne United
                      Adelaide 36ers
                      South East Melbourne Phoenix
                      Brisbane bullets
                      Tasmania jackjumpers
                      Cairns taipans

Comment

Phoenix though have only made 1 import signing.

Comment

^
                          I think that's about right, Champs Melbourne I'm concerned with their lack of quality bigs to offset Landlale's , loss, While Agada is good, that's another guard with Delly, which they have enough off. I think Hopson's size and atheltcisim is a loss they need at forward

Comment

This season / last season

Delly - Mccarron
                            Goulding - Goulding
                            Agada - hopson
                            peatling - White
                            Acuil - Landale

Ili - Ili
                            Prewster - baba
                            Newley - mcdaniel
                            Barlow - Peatling
                            Hukporti - acuil

Dalton - Barlow

I think they’ll end up cutting Dalton for an import early on in the season.
                            Paying Delly 700k + a season was not a good buy.

Comment

The Breakers backcourt of Siva and Tai is solid, the fronline is decent , i think they go as far as how good Dieng really is. If he put's up big #'s (scoring) that should make them a possble semis team. the thing though about next star players is Dieng plays well at the start , and secures his draft stock , he may rest for the rest of the season. If this happens, I think they add an import late (like Hopson)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information