NBL thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Objectively and fairly , Kai DNP's for 3 or 4 preseason games is actually a significant sign of a rookie's readiness and his coaches perception of his readiness based on how he has been performing in practice. both coach Shaw and CJ did not just randomly decide not to use much of Kai. there is always a reason why a prospect who will only benefit from being seen is not used

and again reposting ... Liu sample size is not as small as one thinks ( he's played 4 games , avg around 12 min a game ) so he has played over 48 min already . and in those 48 min he really has shown decent impact defensively , his size is a real presence causing impact. .. So in terms of just the min in the NBL blitz, Liu indeed has shown more than kai.. and Yes Kai DNP is part of the fair assessment. Look Liu has benefited from no DNP's .
    makes sense, preseason games are used by teams to gauge their rookies/marginal players to see which of them will be part of the rotation. This is similar to the NBA preseason and summer league games wherein rookies and free agents compete for roster spots/minutes for the regular season. Only marquee players, players recovering from injuries or those resting due to long NT commitments get a pass in playing the preseason (in the case of the NBA ah). Anyway its a long season, Kai will get enough time to earn his minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      lots of miss assignments for kai, hands down while defending, same mannerisms..
      I am not denying that. Kai can improve his defense more. As I said, Kai was outrun by faster players. And yes miss some assignments.

But let us not deny what are the positive things Kai did also. In his first and only pre season game, He was the best rim protector of adelaide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        The 2021/22 Hungry Jack’s NBL Season tips-off this Friday night when the Tasmania JackJumpers host the Brisbane Bullets at MyState Bank Arena at 7:30pm AEDT followed by the Perth Wildcats facing the Adelaide 36ers at RAC Arena at 9:30pm AEDT.

Both games will be broadcast on ESPN via Kayo and Foxtel.

Oh. really hope kai will play. He needs a real game to increase his stock.

Comment

Objectively and fairly , Kai DNP's for 3 or 4 preseason games is actually a significant sign of a rookie's readiness and his coaches perception of his readiness based on how he has been performing in practice. both coach Shaw and CJ did not just randomly decide not to use much of Kai. there is always a reason why a prospect who will only benefit from being seen is not used

and again reposting ... Liu sample size is not as small as one thinks ( he's played 4 games , avg around 12 min a game ) so he has played over 48 min already . and in those 48 min he really has shown decent impact defensively , his size is a real presence causing impact. .. So in terms of just the min in the NBL blitz, Liu indeed has shown more than kai.. and Yes Kai DNP is part of the fair assessment. Look Liu has benefited from no DNP's .
          In that case, I can say the same thing with Ariel Hukporti who (If I am not mistaken) do not play any of the preseason games.

Makur Maker only playedl like 1 or 2 games?

All prospects except for Dieng and Mojave , received a lot of dnp and limited mins

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            In that case, I can say the same thing with Ariel Hukporti who (If I am not mistaken) do not play any of the preseason games.

Makur Maker only playedl like 1 or 2 games?

All prospects except for Dieng and Mojave , received a lot of dnp and limited mins
            Actually yes , it definitely is an indicator if a player is healthy.
            There really is NO positive at all to be a DNP in preseason due to coaches decision if you're a rookie that needs to adjust to the league. (ALL healthy NBA lottery picks get significant PT in preseason only proven vets rest )

I'm.not familiar with Makur and Ariel but if they are like Kai and have limited games in the last 2 years , absolutely preseason DNPs if healthy is essentially a doom verdict if they're considering 2022 draft opportunities.
            Last edited by DAdmiral; 11-29-2021, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAIJU
              Makur Maker has not even played a preseason game. The Kings and the NBL obviously don't think very highly of him. It is a miracle that he even qualified to be a NEXT STAR. The Kaiju absolutely dominated him in a high school game. Look up youtube highlights lol.

Ariel Hukporti played yesterday, he put up 13pts, 4 rebs, 3blks. I watched the whole game and he was honestly not very impressive. So many weaknesses in his game, even more than Chet "2pt" Holgrem.

I expect Kai to put up double those stats in his debut on Friday at even greater efficiency.

This whole Next Stars crop is garbage and I don't see any of them getting drafted.

Kai though will be a top 3 pick by my estimates. I am sure many on here will agree.
              Lol. Idk if you are trolling.

But I am hoping for the best for Kai this Friday if he plays.

I am still sticking with my prediction that kai will be drafted next year

Comment

• With a new franchise and arguably the deepest field of contenders the league has seen in many years, it's shaping up to be an incredible NBL season - Josh Garlepp and Kane Pitman bring you a team-by-team preview.

If you can access NBL slam.2022 preview episode , it's a good watch

Comment

• Adelaide 36ers Schedule ( Philippine Standard Time)

December 2021

VS Wildcats ( Dec 3, 2021)(6:30pm)

VS Hawks (Dec 5,2021) (10:00 am)

VS Jackjumpers ( Dec 9, 2021) ( 4:30pm)

VS Breakers (Dec 12, 2021) (12:00 pm)

VS Taipans ( Dec 18,2021) (5:00 pm)

VS Wildcats ( Dec 28,2021) (4:30 PM)

VS SE Melbourne ( Jan 2) (10:00 am)

VS Wildcats ( Jan 7) (4:30 pm)

VS Hawks ( Jan 16) (10:00 am)

VS Jackjumpers ( Jan 22) (2:30 Pm)

VS Wildcats ( Jan 28) (6:30 pm)

VS Melbourne United (Jan 30) (10:00 am)

VS Sem Phoenix ( Feb 5) ( 5:00 pm)

VS Breakers (Feb 10) (2:30 pm)

VS Melbourne United (Feb 12) ( 5:00 pm)

VS Taipans ( Feb 20) (4:30 pm)

VS Bullets ( Feb 26) (5:00pm)

VS Kings ( Mar 4) (4:30pm)

VS Bullets (Mar 12) (2:30 pm)

VS Jackjumpers ( Mar 19) (5:00pm)

VS Bullets ( Mar 27) (10:00 am)

VS Kings ( Apr 1) (4:30 pm)

VS Kings ( Apr 3) (1:00 pm)

VS Sem Phoenix ( Apr 10) (11:00 am)

VS Breakers (Apr 17) (11:00 am)

VS Melbourne United (Apr 24) (1:00 pm)

These are 26 games. And Obviously Kai will play for some if not for majority of the games. And I bet Kai will have some great games. Though ofc, he will have decent to bad too.

Anyway, we can see whose predictions are right in the regular season.

Comment

• At 6:00 mark.

Coach CJ said that he will not pigeon Kai. He also said that "you will not only see Kai as a 5, I will play him as a 4"

Of course we need to see this in game. But sir analyzed looks like it is likely that you will be wrong on Kai just exclusively playing just at the Center spot.

Kai is an FC. And I think Coach CJ can maximize that.

Comment

• ^
                      Totally remains to be seen , from observation players listed position comparing with actual execution of who is on the court is regularly inconsistent.
                      What you have to note there is nothing that stops a coach form playing two. PF's example Johnson and Bairstow may be both officially listed at 4's but both may be fielded often together and be the tallest player on the court with an modern PF like Witters and Malou.

Bottom line is this it will be very unlikely that when Kai is on the court defensively he will be put in the perimeter against a modern stretch 4. So call whatever the coach says Kia's position is , but he definitly is not acting like a true 4 when he is on the court. ( watch and see for yourself).

Essentially the only time one can say Kai is really the 4 is when he is playing with Humpries. so let's see how many minutes the combination of Humpries and Kai will ever be fielded. (highly doubtful this combination will be fielded more than 5 min a game)

Comment

^
                        Totally remains to be seen , from observation players listed position comparing with actual execution of who is on the court is regularly inconsistent.
                        What you have to note there is nothing that stops a coach form playing two. PF's example Johnson and Bairstow may be both officially listed at 4's but both may be fielded often together and be the tallest player on the court with an modern PF like Witters and Malou.

Bottom line is this it will be very unlikely that when Kai is on the court defensively he will be put in the perimeter against a modern stretch 4. So call whatever the coach says Kia's position is , but he definitly is not acting like a true 4 when he is on the court. ( watch and see for yourself).

Essentially the only time one can say Kai is really the 4 is when he is playing with Humpries. so let's see how many minutes the combination of Humpries and Kai will ever be fielded. (highly doubtful this combination will be fielded more than 5 min a game)
                        Fair. Of course remains to be seen.

Anyway, it is obvious that Kai will have more mins in the 5 rather than the 4. As Only Kai and Humphries are the legit Centers of the team.

Kai, IH, DJ, Bairstow, and ok Withers ( lim mins at 4) will be rotated at the Frontline.

But ok, Let's see if Coach CJ will field a pairing of IH and Kai with significant mins

Comment

• I actually do not think Withers a combo forward , minutes at 4 will be limited , of his 25 or so minutes more than half ( 13 min) will be at the 4 spot. It really is an asset to have Withers playing min at 4.
                          Additionally DJ a combo big (4/5) actually splits his 30 minutes between center and PF historically. this is normal.

note the 36ers have more players that can play 4 than 5.
                          Last edited by DAdmiral; 11-29-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                            Fair. Of course remains to be seen.

Anyway, it is obvious that Kai will have more mins in the 5 rather than the 4. As Only Kai and Humphries are the legit Centers of the team.

Kai, IH, DJ, Bairstow, and ok Withers ( lim mins at 4) will be rotated at the Frontline.

But ok, Let's see if Coach CJ will field a pairing of IH and Kai with significant mins
                            Playing Kai at 4 might negate his strengths and exposed his weaknesses more. He'll be defending quicker players and probably spend time away from the basket. I don't think it's ideal to pair him with another post player due to spacing issues ( Kai's shooting currently sucks). It might be better to surround him with shooters and play 4 out

Comment

• ^
                              kai's best role on offense is point center.. surround him with shooters and let him face up at free throw line extended, and his best position on defense is zone rim protector. , without having to step out.

Comment

• All i can say is that they should allow Kai to play in the window qualifier, so that Kai can truly represent Gilas. If they don't know how to use him, Gilas, will surely can.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information