Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBL thread

Default NBL thread

anything about Nbl australia that will start on November 18,2021

I am not familiar yet on NBL. But based on forums and reddit about NBL. talentwise NBL:

BEST TEAMS: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and Illawarra.

I hope the new coach of adelaide both have success on Kai and adelaide. Looks like a talented roster.

Coach Henry record last season was 13-23 which is not very good.

I think the Adelaide Front Office wants a coach who will produce better results. Just pure speculation though

Perth is always a traditional strong team., Perth and New Zealand are like the Lakers and Celtics , storied rivalry. The 2 have around 8 championships in last decade

The 36ers are considered a weak team
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-27-2021 at 10:28 AM.

It's good this thread was created, so we can inform without looking like there is an agenda or anything.

Do note the Breakers have NOT officially signed Hugo Besson, despite it being circulated all over media and with even Hugo and Besson confirming the signing, so what gives?
    https://www.nzbreakers.basketball/players
    ok here it is , Hugo is now registering in mock drafts , originally the Breakers were going to sign him as an open import, as the next star signup for the Breakers was taken up by Dieng . The Breakers have only 1 import signed Silva (3 is max). So you ask what's the problem.. why can't they sign Besson?. Well here is the thing, "he's classified as Next Star level"! And at least 3 NBL teams do not have a next star player yet. So it's unfair for the Breakers to have 2.
    So don't be suprise if Besson is assigned to another team and not the Breakers, despite the Breakers finding and recruiting him
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-27-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Perth is always a traditional strong team., Perth and New Zealand are like the Lakers and Celtics , storied rivalry. The 2 have around 8 championships in last decade

The 36ers are considered a weak team
    I will not argue that, especially with tat 13-23 win loss record by adelaide last season.lol.

But I think each team reconstructed their team.

hope for the best for adelaide and kai.

as for new zealand breakers, you know better about that team.

I just based my earlier post in reddit and forum comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    It's good this thread was created, so we can inform without looking like there is an agenda or anything.

Do note the Breakers have NOT officially signed Hugo Besson, despite it being circulated all over media and with even Hugo and Besson confirming the signing, so what gives?
    https://www.nzbreakers.basketball/players
    ok here it is , Hugo is now registering in mock drafts , originally the Breakers were going to sign him as an open import, as the next star signup for the Breakers was taken up by Dieng . The Breakers have only 1 import signed Silva (3 is max). So you ask what's the problem.. why can't they sign Besson?. Well here is the thing, "he's classified as Next Star level"! And at least 3 NBL teams do not have a next star player yet. So it's unfair for the Breakers to have 2.
    So don't be suprise if Besson is assigned to another team and not the Breakers, despite the Breakers finding and recruiting him
    Ok sir. Thanks for the info.

I have a question though.

Dieng is a Senegalese.

Kai and Baba are both Asian. So of course, teams would choose to sign them as a SRP rather than Next Stars. In order for them to reserve their next stars slot.

(Are there any Asian Next Stars Signing yet?)

So, what you meant sir is if an Asian Player is a "Next Stars Program Level Player". And some NBL team sign him as SRP(since he is asian), other NBL teams will complain???

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Ok sir. Thanks for the info.

I have a question though.

1. Dieng is a Senegalese.

2. Kai and Baba are both Asian. So of course, teams would choose to sign them as a SRP rather than Next Stars. In order for them to reserve their next stars slot.

(Are there any Asian Next Stars Signing yet?)

3. So, what you meant sir is if an Asian Player is a "Next Stars Program Level Player". And some NBL team sign him as SRP(since he is asian), other NBL teams will complain???
    1. Players nationality are based on Citizenship not ethnicity, Dieng is a French Citizen like Hugo Besson.
    2. No that is incorrect, every team if a player is assessed as Next star level, will want to sign that assessed player as a next star sign up, (why? ) because the money salary is PAID by the league , not the team, so essentially the team saves the significant money paid. ( note a team is free to pay the player in addition to what the league will pay the player, And Kai was signed by the 36ers before they had a next star ( King had not yet been released or transferred)

And all players are required to be assessed, both Kai and Baba did not qualify as next star players.
    Understand this fundamental required process " ALL PLAYERS ARE ASSESSED AS TO LEVEL" by the NBL , that is required process for the NBL to determine classifications in order to regulate competitive balance. How can the league know that a team has not exceeded it's limit of marquee players (4) or next star player (1) if it does not make an assessment of each player's level ?.

As in Besson ( young not yet drafted) case you cannot allocate a classification such as "Import, on a player who is Next star level and age and status (still to enter draft)

Furthermore you CANNOT sign a next star player level player ,if you already have a player signed and assessed as a next star player level (Dieng) .

3. Yes , that is in violation of the principle of why they have a max for marquee (4) and next star (1) and is why Besson cannot be signed by the Breakers as an import. The Breakers have to choose between Dieng and Besson who their next star player is.
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-28-2021 at 12:35 AM.

The main observation is while a lot of the teams have improved this off-season, the 36ers have remained stagnant in level, they have lost the rookie of the year Giddey and two good imports, the replacement imports aren't notable and the new additions do not make them better than the players thye lost

Mccarron
    Hannahs
    Withers
    Johnson
    Humphries

Dufelmeier
    King
    Dech
    Malou
    Sotto

Still 2 spots open

Shooting and defence has gone up imo
    They are a better team than last year if the import spot is good and the other local.

^
    Yes it is possibility improvement from form their 33 % winning percentage last year , dependent on how good their imports are. I just don't think at the moment many are projecting them to be a top 4 team this coming season.

Looking at the rosters so far, I put Adelaide in 6th

Sydney kings
    Nz breakers
    Illawara Hawks
    Perth Wildcats
    Melbourne United
    Adelaide 36ers
    South East Melbourne Phoenix
    Brisbane bullets
    Tasmania jackjumpers
    Cairns taipans

Phoenix though have only made 1 import signing.

^
    I think that's about right, Champs Melbourne I'm concerned with their lack of quality bigs to offset Landlale's , loss, While Agada is good, that's another guard with Delly, which they have enough off. I think Hopson's size and atheltcisim is a loss they need at forward

This season / last season

Delly - Mccarron
    Goulding - Goulding
    Agada - hopson
    peatling - White
    Acuil - Landale

Ili - Ili
    Prewster - baba
    Newley - mcdaniel
    Barlow - Peatling
    Hukporti - acuil

Dalton - Barlow

I think they’ll end up cutting Dalton for an import early on in the season.
    Paying Delly 700k + a season was not a good buy.

The Breakers backcourt of Siva and Tai is solid, the fronline is decent , i think they go as far as how good Dieng really is. If he put's up big #'s (scoring) that should make them a possble semis team. the thing though about next star players is Dieng plays well at the start , and secures his draft stock , he may rest for the rest of the season. If this happens, I think they add an import late (like Hopson)

Quote Originally Posted by reptilia View Post
    Looking at the rosters so far, I put Adelaide in 6th

Sydney kings
    Nz breakers
    Illawara Hawks
    Perth Wildcats
    Melbourne United
    Adelaide 36ers
    South East Melbourne Phoenix
    Brisbane bullets
    Tasmania jackjumpers
    Cairns taipans
    So, Adelaide is a mid tier team.

having 13-23 win loss record for coach henry is really bad. (If it is true that the level of the team last and this season are close to same)

One thing I notice about NBL is that the teams roster are signficantly different every season. Unlike in pba where key players stay( like Junmar with SMB or Castro in TNT)

I see, so it is sydney, nz, hawks and perth.

On moves and roster development
    https://nbl.com.au/news/nbl22-roster...Af7mDoLWukIhXk

Returning: Isaac Humphries, Daniel Johnson, Sunday Dech

New: Mitch McCarron, Dusty Hannahs*, Todd Withers*, Mojave King (NS), Kai Sotto (SRP), Tad Dufelmeier Jr, Emmanuel Malou

Need: A new coach and some more depth in the front-court.

Depth Chart:

PG: McCarron | Dufelmeier Jr

SG: Hannahs* | King (NS)

SF: Withers* | Dech

PF: Johnson | Malou

C: Humphries | Sotto (SRP)

Notes:

Suddenly the 36ers need a new head coach.

Long-time NBL assistant Jamie Pearlman, who was on Conner Henry’s staff last season, has to be considered.

As does John Rillie. The former NBL star (and 36ers championship player) has spent ten years as an assistant in the States, recently worked with the Boomers and was one of the final candidates for the Perth job (along with American Will Voigt and Tassie AC Jacob Chance).

To be clear: it won’t be Brett Brown.

Sotto is an exciting prospect… but this squad needs another solid big. Maybe two.

That said, there’s nice versatility on the wings. Dech and King can both play the two and the three while Withers should be able to defend the two, three and maybe also the four.

Dufelmeier Jr was a savvy pick-up. He’s definitely ready to be a full-time back-up.

It’s go time for Mojave King.

Besson is already in Auckland, but can't be officially signed ��
    He has already agreed to multi year deal based on reports, but signing cannot be made official, until approval of League . It's going to be tough for the Breakers to get an exception, and have 2 next star level players playing together.

His contract as reported does not look like a typical import signing but more like a next star multi year signing

I think Besson may be assigned to Phoenix, Cairns or Brisbane as a next star 1 player per team rule
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 08-29-2021 at 04:51 AM.

bullets sign former orlando magic player robert franks

https://nbl.com.au/news/bullets-sign...-robert-franks

Default ALL NBL PLAYERS ARE ASSESSED and are assigned a "monetary value" to regulate

Each of those eleven fully-contracted players is given a player value by an independent Contract Review Committee. It is that value – said by the league to be “an independent measure of each player’s market value”

Additionally, if a player is being paid more than the amount the Contract Review Committee determines it is his ‘Player Value’, not what he is paid that is used as the basis of regulating competitive balance

What you can’t do though, is receive an unfair advantage by, for example, having someone like Bogut come in and play for a declared “minimum salary”
    The independent assessment of “market value “, ensure the competitiveness of the competition. Okay, so each player has is “ASSESSED and is assigned their monetary ‘value

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast