Default Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) 2021-22

Let's go with new puzzles of the new season.

I think Zalgiris got a little weaker overall. I think their position 2 is pretty soft and weak. Strielniks is injury probe. If Mudiay in, I like it, but he will need some time to adjust so Walkup at the start of the season would still be more reliable option. I think Kalnietis can't give much in tough EL court anymore. I doubt Nebo can be better than Rubit. Off course, we can see much improved SF compared to last season in Ulanovas and Giffey and hopefully Zalgiris will have more shooting at 4 from Cavanough. A lot will depend on Mudiay, but I already can see not enough of perimeter sharpness and explosiveness.

Rytas surely improved PG section inviting Kariniauskas and Normantas. They still lack SG foreigner. They added couple of undersized PFs, but they should be pretty good. And it's good that Buva is staying. I think the team will be stronger this year.

Liekabelis I think should be more or less on the same path, maybe even slightly improved, IMO (differently than common assumption). They lost Valinskas, Masiulis, Vinales, Normantas. That's a lot. But I think Valinskas and Vinales were pretty crappy defenders and softies. Normantas loss might be the biggest, IMO. But I think D. Giedraitis, Radicevic and Zemaitis can play some D. I don't know if they will have enough of offense, but perimeter defence should be better, IMO. Lipkevicius a little but declining so Kalaitzakis will have to step up. IDK, what Orelikas can bring, but Berzins is pretty solid. It's really cool that 21yo D. Giedraitis will probably start in Eurocup. Hope he'll stay healthy.

Not sure about other teams, didn't really study. I know that Murauskas will play in Nevezis, that's already motivation to take a look around. Mockus surprisingly signed long term with Prienai and not Neptunas. I don't treat him as special prospect will take another look at him.

Basically, I don't like that players as Velicka, Sirvydis are playing abroad. It would be adequate level for both to play either Rytas, Lietkabelis or even Zalgiris. One guy is from Vilnius, other from Kaunas. They are part of Rytas and Zalgiris pyramid. Why our best clubs split with their best youth system pieces is beyond me. We add some Vasturias and Perez, but we don't give a chance to best gems of local youth systems (that's the shot at Saras as well that he never tried to guide Velicka while he was in Kaunas). That's not a good situation.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mockus surprisingly signed long term with Prienai and not Neptunas.
    He actually signed long terms with both, with Neptunas last year and with Prienai this year

Well, do you think everyone in LKL should be at least fired for new logo?
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux

I have a good case thinking that I know that you mean.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux
        Fired? If this is the new logo, they should be flogged first and then fired:

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-01-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
          Fired? If this is the new logo, they should be flogged first and then fired:

How do you like Nevezis IU! logo?

Comment

Comment

Very convenient. Nice job.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Last edited by LuDux; 08-27-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  How do you like Nevezis IU! logo?
                  Colourless and boring.

The one they had a few years ago was excellent:

Yet for whatever reason they changed it to worse and worse yet again. Why?

And why is this thread entitled Default?

Comment

Comment

From personal perspective, I probably find this season slightly more intriguing. To me it's about individuals when it comes to LKL, cause there's no competition till Vilnius won't create really competitive team. Compared to last season, LKL lost 2 biggest Lithuanian PG hopes in Jokubaitis in Marciulionis, but Lietkabelis got D. Giedraitis, Nevezis got Murauskas and this year Blazevic, Rubstavicius should get more minutes. Those 4 are legitimate long term NT material prospects.

It will be interesting to see how Kariniauskas and Normantas will stick together as NT borderliners. Zalgiris' Mudiay may absolutely destroy LKL, I feel more Edney's than Ty Larson's vibes in him.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Compared to last season, LKL lost 2 biggest Lithuanian PG hopes in Jokubaitis in Marciulionis....

Adomas Sidarevičius of Neptūnas bears watching. He just turned twenty in June but has been showing some real game recently.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-18-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Comment

Projections for Jonava?

Comment

I think it's time to say Matas Jogela is no prospect anymore. Not the one who can reach EL level. He became bigger, but lost a stint of agility, craftiness. Seem to be average and slow decision maker. Has broken handles. Still inconsistent shooter. His development has been disappointing.

D.Giedraitis managed get some sort of micro injury in his first LKL game. Main threat of his career is pretty obvious.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information