Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    Projections for Jonava?

Predictions on twitter have them at 4-8 with Neptunas Siauliai and Milkstars
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Many interesting players in LKL. Amar Sylla looks really impressive, reminds me a bit of Lamar Odom. Canka is good, but can't shoot as of yet. 17yo Daryl Doualla is speedy, athletic, beefy guard. Juwan Durham is pretty good center. Jovan Kljajič can play also.

Regarding 17yo Murauskas. I have to say he disappoints me a little bit. When I saw him 2 years ago he looked like transcendent prospect to me, super crafty and sneaky player, he was really standing out big time as 15yo. Now that feeling is almost gone. Off course, he is still only 17yo and has terrific size, but now it doesn't seem that he would be premium level prospect. When 17yo Tubelis was stepping on LKL floor you could feel that athletically he's up with the rest and even better than some, while Murauskas is just another body and his skillset is still extremely raw. Not that he doesn't have future, but at some point it looked like he might be in the soil of elite prospects as JV, D-MO, Domas ect, as he historically dominated in U16 as 15yo.

Good news is Sargiunas. This 1999 generation stud is balling already as 22yo. Once I was almost as high on him as elite guard prospect, but his NCAA career was a nightmare and he seemed to lose a stint of agility and explosiviness, but obviously he still had more in the tank than it seemed. He's not elite, but very interesting combo. Should be a strong NT borderliner and maybe even slightly more, who knows. I'm pretty certain that he can have better career than guys like Juskevicius, Kariniauskas and so on. 4 times Youth level medalist as well, together with Velicka. Wouldn't be surprised if he will dominate LKL with 16ppg and 4appg this season.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

A little too soon to go completely high on Sargiunas, in his second LKL game he struggled a little bit so consistency still might be a little bit of an issue, but today, again, he dominated with 22/7/5 and clutch performance. The guy has upside. A bit premature comparison might be Marius Grigonis. At the moment it may sound a bit optimistic, but as far as I remember 22yo Grigonis I think they are more or less on the same soil. Grigonis was much more stable and reliable shooter, more consistent decision maker. Sargiunas is a better slasher; bigger, tougher and more athletic guard who gets wild a little bit here and there. Defensively they are both somewhat inconsistent, decent/solid when they want it to be, but generally offensive players. Sargiunas is posed for a strong brake out season. Rytas had some interest in him this summer. Next season Sargiunas should move higher. If that won't be Rytas/Lietkabelis, then it should be some Italy/Germany/France, maybe even ACB. I do believe Zalgiris will consider him as well, as he's ex Zalgiris youth project. It would be really cool if say Velicka and Sargiunas, 1999 generation studs, would re-unite in some Rytas and would make a big guard duet punch.

PS:

Loved how Lekavicius showed why he's Euroleague guard, carrying Zalgiris against Lietkabelis.

On other hand, I'm sticking to the position that Kalnietis should retire from NT already. It gets to the point when 84-85 generation vets retirement getting ugly. Maciulis nearly begged on his knee for the spot of Olympic NT and Zalgiris. Jankunas is so meh and realistically he had to retire already (I don't even speak about Milaknis). Now Kalnietis idea that he might still play for the NT come to the point when the question "really?" kinda asks for it. 36yo Kalnietis is not 36yo Jasikevicius, and even with Jasikevicius it didn't really work. Regarding Kalnietis EL season, the only question is whenever he will have some useful stretches during it, or he will be pretty horrible all season long.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Sad that the NKL teams aren't part of the Karaliaus Mindaugo Tournament this year.

I wonder why the NKL teams were dropped? I always found the games between NKL and LKL teams interesting.

Comment

Cizauskas with - 2 eff (2/14 FG) vs Janavicius 21 eff (11 assists, averages 7,1apg).

I wonder who this time will be "unjustly pushed to the corner in Lithuanian BB"...Redikas kinda treated poorly....

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Cizauskas with - 2 eff (2/14 FG) vs Janavicius 21 eff (11 assists, averages 7,1apg).
              I'll not argue that point. I think we were all surprised to see Vytenis Čižauskas selected for the last window. And he made the least of his opportunity with a PER of 0.5 over an average of 14:30 minutes in the two games. Of course Mindaugas Girdžiūnas with a PER of 3.5 over an average of 19:00 minutes wasn't much better and Tomas Dimša with a PER of -3.0 over an average of 22:00 minutes was the worst of the three.

I'd like to see Coach Maksvytis replace all three with Žygimantas Janavičius, Vaidas Kariniauskas and Arnas Velička for the February window.

Comment

Cizauskas'21 = Markevicius'95

Comment

Best LKL Lithuanians under 25:

R. Ivanauskas 14eff
                  S. Jarumbauskas 13eff
                  A. Berucka 12eff
                  I. Sargiunas 11eff
                  M. Valinskas 11eff
                  M. Blazevic 10eff
                  M. Varnas 9eff
                  D. Lavrinovic 8eff
                  P. Danusevicius 8eff
                  E. Stankevicius 7eff
                  J. Jogminas 7eff
                  R. Gadiliauskas 7eff
                  E. Venskus 7eff
                  D. Giedraitis 7eff
                  L. Uleckas 6eff

The picture if off course ambivalent, plenty of guys from Prienai and that team can't win anything just as Jarumbauskas' team as well. Guys like D. Giedraitis and Uleckas obviously are much better than this list shows, both playing for top teams. Jarumbauskas thus far exceeding and Sargiunas hit the wall a little bit after explosive start of the season.

From all this list I see Blazevic, D. Giedraitis and I. Sargiunas as having chances to make NT in the future.

BTW, Sargiunas if from Velicka's 1999 generation, and I think Velicka would dominate current LKL so badly, it wouldn't even be close in terms of efficiency. If that wouldn't be ZAL/RYT/LIET team, today as 22yo he would among TOP 5 most efficient LKL players easily. 2 seasons ago, playing for much more competitive Prienai, he already had 14eff as 19-20yo dude. Now he would explode with 18-22eff points. I mean the guy has 15,6eff points in incomparably superior Italian league and is the most valuable player of his team which stands 5-6th in the league lately.

Again, I think we underrate Velicka as a prospect. He may be an ISO prospect essentially, but, IMO, probably most underrated Lithuanian prospect. While Sirvydis is the most hated (because of Rytas environment and glamorous personality), Velicka is the most underrated prospect. He resembles Kaukanas story. "Oh, that guy can't play for the team" re-phrasing Sireika. And we lost a heck of individual talent for 2003-2006 stretch. Not saying that Velicka is up there to Kaukenas level of that stretch, but he's getting there.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

V.Kozys 11
                    M.Jogėla 10

Comment

Again, I think we underrate Velicka as a prospect. He may be an ISO prospect essentially, but, IMO, probably most underrated Lithuanian prospect
                      I thought he is pure pointguard not anymore ? now he become ISO player in 2 months wow really fast development by Velicka.

I think in next 2 months with such speedy development he gonna suprise everybody and again will become pure pg ale Jasikevicius.

2months he will play like Kaukenas other 2 months like Jasikevicius to make opponents difficult to scout him

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        I thought he is pure pointguard not anymore ? now he become ISO player in 2 months wow really fast development by Velicka.

I think in next 2 months with such speedy development he gonna suprise everybody and again will become pure pg ale Jasikevicius.

2months he will play like Kaukenas other 2 months like Jasikevicius to make opponents difficult to scout him
                        I mean his most elite skill is slashing, and he shifts from a guy who facilitates to a guy who goes to the cup hard and not giving a fuck much about anything But people underrate his passing ability. Again, he's in the middle between pure PG and combo guard. Knowing that we traditionally lacking athleticism, slashing and ISO skills as BB nation, Velicka shouldn't be overlooked and it's exactly Velicka who is a little bit "unjustly marginalized" Mr. Maksvytis...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

he's in the middle between pure PG and combo guard.
                          Well DUH

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Well DUH
                            You mean you knew it all the time and didn't let anyone know?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well basketball people guards who don't have real position is calling combo.

But we don't watch him ...only you watch him so who the hell we think we are telling u that he is combo few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                                Well basketball people guards who don't have real position is calling combo.

But we don't watch him ...only you watch him so who the hell we think we are telling u that he is combo few months ago.
                                You problem that you never go deep enough and ignore nuances. I doubt there's many if any people in Lithuania who seen more of Velicka as I was consistently watching his games live when he was in France and I'm watching his Italian league games now (turned on yesterday too, but he missed the game). While you said that you watch only highlights which is never enough. Velicka is not typical combo, end of story. He still has true point guards p'n'r game, he still has much more dominant handles than any combo etc. And he doesn't have as much shooting (mid range, three) as combo's do, he barely can shoot mid range jimmies off the dribble etc. Velicka in some games is raining with assists and his passing skills is any time much more advanced than combos, but he usually feels most comfortable in uptempo offensive game, and his problem is that he a bit struggles with slower half court offense tempo. I seen many games where he was primarily preoccupied with facilitating, going for +10 assists (specially playing if France), but he can't keep it up with it cause he also loves to score, but you have to watch a player to know that and you have to respect nuances which you obviously don't

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information