FIBA World Cup 2023 - Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA World Cup 2023 - Qualification

Window 1 is still supposed to begin in November 2021. However I am not seeing any schedules of games, locations or even pools. For FIBA Americas at least - I have not looked at other regions.

I assume this is still going forward starting this November - or anyone hearing otherwise?

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
    Window 1 is still supposed to begin in November 2021. However I am not seeing any schedules of games, locations or even pools. For FIBA Americas at least - I have not looked at other regions.

I assume this is still going forward starting this November - or anyone hearing otherwise?
    surely as Eurpope is in on the final stages of pre qualifiers and for asia the last 3 spots will be contested in the paralles final asia cup qualifier. Would be no problem with non delta surging countries to host the games in november except for Asia as always

The official website of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 European Pre-Qualifiers 2021. Competition schedule, results, stats, teams and players profile, news, games highlights, photos, videos and event guide.
    Last edited by reamily; 08-12-2021, 03:24 PM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

On further reflection - FIBA likely needed these new rankings before they could create pools and thus a schedule.

Comment

European World Cup Qualifying Draw will be on August 31st

MUNICH (Germany) - The?32-team field of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 European Qualifiers was confirmed on Wednesday, with the conclusion of the?FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 European...
        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
          European World Cup Qualifying Draw will be on August 31st

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...ield-confirmed
          Sort of implies the other regions as well.

Comment

32 Euro teams in qualification and 12 will qualify.

Bulgaria; Croatia; Czech Republic; Estonia; Finland; France; Georgia; Germany; Great Britain; Greece; Hungary; Israel; Italy; Lithuania; Poland; Netherlands; Russia; Serbia; Slovenia; Spain; Turkey and Ukraine, Belarus, Iceland, Latvia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Slovakia, Sweden

I marked those countries which I think is most worthy to be in WC. But the world is not perfect and some of those won't make it. And I do value Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Great Britain, Israel, Poland, Russia, Montenegro as strong candidates.

And if you fail to qualify then there's no Olympic chance as well, right?
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

Bulgaria; Croatia; Czech Republic; Estonia; Finland; France; Georgia; Germany; Great Britain; Greece; Hungary; Israel; Italy; Lithuania; Poland; Netherlands; Russia; Serbia; Slovenia; Spain; Turkey and Ukraine, Belarus, Iceland, Latvia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Slovakia, Sweden

I marked those countries which I think is most worthy to be in WC. But the world is not perfect and some of those won't make it. And I do value Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Great Britain, Israel, Poland, Russia, Montenegro as strong candidates.

Unless they changed the rules, no you can still make the Olympics, it's what Slovenia did this year after failing to make the World Cup.

Though I do believe you either have to be a host or be one of the top 2 in your region to qualify for the Olympic Qualifying tournaments. So that will beyond most teams that fail here.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

I think what was learned at the 2019 is countries with strong domestic leagues do well in this type of format. Since the vast majority of games will be played without NBA or Euroleague players there’s more of an emphasis on depth and continuity. These are the 12 teams I would guess make it to the WC.
                1. Spain
                2. France
                3. Serbia
                4. Greece
                5. Germany
                6. Italy
                7. Turkey
                8. Slovenia
                9. Lithuania
                10. Israel
                11. Bosnia
                12. Britain (there’s always a surprise team)

Comment

FIBA Americas 2023 World Cup Qualification field includes:
                  Argentina
                  Bahamas
                  Brazil
                  Canada
                  Chile
                  Colombia
                  Cuba
                  Dominican Republic
                  Mexico
                  Paraguay
                  Panama
                  Puerto Rico
                  Uruguay
                  United States
                  Venezuela
                  Virgin Islands

7 teams will qualify.

USA, Argentina, Canada and Brazil should be the obvious qualifying teams. The other three will almost certainly come from Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. and I think the draw will be a be factor among those 5. PR, DR & VEN would be the more likely ones.

Comment

FIBA Americas 2023 World Cup Qualification field includes:
                    Argentina
                    Bahamas
                    Brazil
                    Canada
                    Chile
                    Colombia
                    Cuba
                    Dominican Republic
                    Mexico
                    Paraguay
                    Panama
                    Puerto Rico
                    Uruguay
                    United States
                    Venezuela
                    Virgin Islands

7 teams will qualify.

USA, Argentina, Canada and Brazil should be the obvious qualifying teams. The other three will almost certainly come from Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. and I think the draw will be a be factor among those 5. PR, DR & VEN would be the more likely ones.
                    I think the same 7 teams from 2019 will probably represent the Americas in 2023. Dont believe Mexico or Uruguay have enough program depth to overtake DR and PR for the last spots.

Comment

Hard to disagree but I'm going to wait until I see the pools before I agree. Mexico has its ups and downs and the last WC Qualification was hampered by a federation in total disarray (FIBA suspended them at some point). I have no idea if they sorted out their issues (if you know please inform us), but Mexico can field decent teams. Uruguay too and PR has been in some transition over the last couple years .

Comment

Hard to disagree but I'm going to wait until I see the pools before I agree. Mexico has its ups and downs and the last WC Qualification was hampered by a federation in total disarray (FIBA suspended them at some point). I have no idea if they sorted out their issues (if you know please inform us), but Mexico can field decent teams. Uruguay too and PR has been in some transition over the last couple years .
                        I do know Mexico signed their coach Omar Quintero from the OQT until 2024. Which is good for consistency purposes and they did play well in the tournament he coached. The problem with Mexico is they rely heavily on guys who play in Europe like Pako Cruz and they sent over a very old team to the OQT. Gustavo Ayon has retired. Just not sure they have the young talent to leap over the DR, PR and VEN. I think Uruguay has a better chance at sneaking in to the WC. I think they barely lost out on the last spot in 2019.

Comment

FIBA's confirmed all the regions will have their draw on Tuesday. Complete with video packages for each region.

MIES (Switzerland) –?The Official Draw for the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Qualifiers?is coming live Tuesday, August 31 at 12:00 CET from the Patrick Baumann House of Basketball.?

Comment

First Window, first game, and we already have an upset as Belarus upset Turkey (Thanksgiving joke goes here)

Comment

That's the working ethics!

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information