No announcement yet.

Filbasket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before we dream of a merger, let see if they can survive in 3 years. They should not focus on PBA they should be thinking of sustainability. That was the problem with MBA. They try to beat PBA rather than MBA financially reliable first. A lot of players weren't paid by MBA because of mismanagement and focus.

Comment

Originally posted by zairex View Post
      Before we dream of a merger, let see if they can survive in 3 years. They should not focus on PBA they should be thinking of sustainability. That was the problem with MBA. They try to beat PBA rather than MBA financially reliable first. A lot of players weren't paid by MBA because of mismanagement and focus.
      I agree with you regarding MBA. It had the most ideal format, at least for a fan's perspective but then again, was beset by insurmountable challenges that time. The succeeding leagues that followed the same format learned well not to compete directly with PBA, but still could only manage 3 or so years of what seemed to be an unhindered existence, mostly due to their inability to match PBA's quality. It was all downhill after year 3.

No one is saying outright for the 3 minor leagues to merge right away and if anything, they should be their own entities. However, for me, they must submit themselves to a higher authority that is SBP-friendly and all 3 should have the same season calendar, salary grades, player-transfer policies, and similar bylaws. Kinda like how the domestic European football leagues' relationship with UEFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        Renz abando will play in FILBASKET league for san juan knights

So San Juan got rid of John Wilson for him. Interesting move. plus they have Alvin Abundo. Abundo Abando connection.

Comment

Nakalimutan ata magbigay ng suhol ni Mr. Jai Reyes.
          #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
            So San Juan got rid of John Wilson for him. Interesting move. plus they have Alvin Abundo. Abundo Abando connection.
            Friends ni Chua si Jinggoy Magnolia drafted Danny Capobres son..and abundo a magnolia guy playing for San Juan lagay mo pa ang letran reinforcements
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Filbasket Thread

Results from opening day October 28 of Filbasket at the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority Gym. Orlan Wamar of the San Juan Knights scored the first points of the new league with a three-point shot 54 seconds into the game. READ MORE
              Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
              Servinio's Blog of Sports
              Servinio's Official YouTube channel
              Servinio's Official TWITTER account
              Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Good Job by Filbasket on getting away with Filipino commentating ala mpbl and going the vintage sports like route..

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  Good Job by Filbasket on getting away with Filipino commentating ala mpbl and going the vintage sports like route..
                  Aside from Rhenz Abando, any other big name that plays in the FilBasket. When i say "big name", i meant PBA-All Star level or at least Gilas-worthy level. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                    Aside from Rhenz Abando, any other big name that plays in the FilBasket. When i say "big name", i meant PBA-All Star level or at least Gilas-worthy level. Anyone?
                    its the whos who in Philippine semi pro circuit sans the collegiate stars

Comment

Didn't see the opening of Filbasket but upon a quick research on its member clubs' line-ups, the league is also riddled with ex-collegiate leagues (didn't reach PBA)/ex-PBA players. That's not to say outright that it's bad, as I understand that it's only in its first season and it could do better in the next years. It's just that I kind of expected more from it, like to come out with a bang. So with this, if I'm to rank the currently operating pro/semi-pro/amateur leagues (excluding the collegiate) in the PHL today:

1. PBA (still by a very wide margin)
                      2. Vis-Min Cup = Filbasket
                      3. NBL

Comment

Filbasket Thread

Results for Day Two October 29 of Filbasket at the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority Gym. All 11 teams have now debuted in the single round robin elimination round. READ MORE
                        Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                        Servinio's Blog of Sports
                        Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                        Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                        Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                          Didn't see the opening of Filbasket but upon a quick research on its member clubs' line-ups, the league is also riddled with ex-collegiate leagues (didn't reach PBA)/ex-PBA players. That's not to say outright that it's bad, as I understand that it's only in its first season and it could do better in the next years. It's just that I kind of expected more from it, like to come out with a bang. So with this, if I'm to rank the currently operating pro/semi-pro/amateur leagues (excluding the collegiate) in the PHL today:

1. PBA (still by a very wide margin)
                          2. Vis-Min Cup = Filbasket
                          3. NBL
                          That's why they need to hire imports, one per team, starting next season. Not necessarily the PBA scoring-type imports. Kahit sila Chabi Yo lang or Eze or Akhuetie or Nzeusseu. Those players don't cost much money but can elevate the league's level of competition. Adding these imports, FilBasket can easily establish itself as the second league in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                            That's why they need to hire imports, one per team, starting next season. Not necessarily the PBA scoring-type imports. Kahit sila Chabi Yo lang or Eze or Akhuetie or Nzeusseu. Those players don't cost much money but can elevate the league's level of competition. Adding these imports, FilBasket can easily establish itself as the second league in the Philippines.
                            Yeah, just like the PBA D-League before the pandemic happened, most FSAs were also playing in that league. I hope Mr. Jai Reyes and his associates are open to that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                              Yeah, just like the PBA D-League before the pandemic happened, most FSAs were also playing in that league. I hope Mr. Jai Reyes and his associates are open to that possibility.
                              Ola Adeogun, Femi Babayemi, Omorogbe, Austin Manyara, Ange Kouame are some of the players that played in PBA D-League which made the league more exciting.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                Ola Adeogun, Femi Babayemi, Omorogbe, Austin Manyara, Ange Kouame are some of the players that played in PBA D-League which made the league more exciting.
                                Add to that Rod Ebondo and Malick Diouf, 2 more standout FSAs of the last 5 years. They may not be much compared to seasoned western imports, but they will sure test the quality of our homegrown bigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information