Filbasket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filbasket Thread

I guess this is where we can talk about the new league.

What I would really want to know is the business model and financial aspect of the league. So far with the reveal of some of the companies participating, I like what I am seeing since these are known entities. I am hoping the Ayalas, Gokongweis, Sys, and the Villars join this league to make it more sustainable.

I am also interested in what Jai Reyes said regarding transparency. While there might be legal matters that need to be discussed like the Data Privacy Law, it would be to the interest of the league and the public if they were more transparent than the PBA which is run like a mafia.

The success of Filbasket will benefit Philippine basketball as it will provide alternatives to the PBA. The top Gilas prospects should play there. Here is where Ronald Mascarinas and Chooks to Go can make good on his word to finance a full-time national team. I just hope that the level of play (which can be achieved with foreign coaches and players) would lead to player development rather than stagnation (6'5 centers in the PBA).
    sigpic

Foreign teams, allowing former college imports to play..

But again for now its a league of luzon mpbl teams during off season

You market the league as nt firendly, binondo gods have their basketball league

Everybody happy
    Last edited by reamily; 08-06-2021, 01:08 PM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I am very excited about the prospect of the national team especially the special draft developing in this league. I am hoping we can have the equivalent what Japan is doing with their "Akatsuki 5" in Filbasket. I hope this league will solve the Gilas cadets issue in filoil and the suceeding nt iterations where almost every single player the nt has to borrow were at the mercy of their handlers. If no pba teams want to participate, I'd love to see Gilas regularly compete against Alab and Mighty Sports or similar teams, one thing for sure though, the development of the nt would be a huge selling point for this league since that's what Filipinos want to see. MPBL teams honestly wouldn't be bad too, they're evolving systematically as well as this video well puts: https://youtu.be/xbb3NDTy92o

The suggestion of having the likes of Blatche or Douthit be regulars in the league is a bit outlandish though. The teams in filbasket would be lucky to outbid foreign and local leagues(esp uaap) for cheaper and rawer prospects from Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria etc.

Comment

FilBasket Opening Logo

Comment

Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
          I am very excited about the prospect of the national team especially the special draft developing in this league. I am hoping we can have the equivalent what Japan is doing with their "Akatsuki 5" in Filbasket. I hope this league will solve the Gilas cadets issue in filoil and the suceeding nt iterations where almost every single player the nt has to borrow were at the mercy of their handlers. If no pba teams want to participate, I'd love to see Gilas regularly compete against Alab and Mighty Sports or similar teams, one thing for sure though, the development of the nt would be a huge selling point for this league since that's what Filipinos want to see. MPBL teams honestly wouldn't be bad too, they're evolving systematically as well as this video well puts: https://youtu.be/xbb3NDTy92o

The suggestion of having the likes of Blatche or Douthit be regulars in the league is a bit outlandish though. The teams in filbasket would be lucky to outbid foreign and local leagues(esp uaap) for cheaper and rawer prospects from Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria etc.
          I'll be happy if the likes of Bright (is he deported already?), Chabi Yo and the rest of the FSAs would suit up for the league, I guess the changes in PBA's draft policy is not only to deter blue chippers from playing abroad but also to block them to play for other domestic leagues

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            I'll be happy if the likes of Bright (is he deported already?), Chabi Yo and the rest of the FSAs would suit up for the league, I guess the changes in PBA's draft policy is not only to deter blue chippers from playing abroad but also to block them to play for other domestic leagues
            Its like the old PCBL although its difficult as GAB will never give them semi pro status..

Comment

Hoping that the foreign student athletes get to play in Filbasket but I would want them to be graduates of local universities so we don't get the mercenaries.
              sigpic

Comment

The hype that this league is already generating after the W Gameplay video is pretty exciting. I hope they will utilize social media for good to gain traction. They can reach out to solid persinalities on yt like Yeshkel and Hoops Highlights to analyze games once the league commences, actually sponsor those guys to make contents related to the league and its games, that's what core bball fans will enjoy with added advantage of expanding their reach. I hope they don't pull an mpbl when it comes to marketing and execution, espescially the most ridiculous and lame height limit rule on foreign players.

Comment

as long as they treat the fans with respect and have a sound business/financial model they will flourish. fans today are more informed. they can easily see through the mafia techniques of you-know-who.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
                    The hype that this league is already generating after the W Gameplay video is pretty exciting. I hope they will utilize social media for good to gain traction. They can reach out to solid persinalities on yt like Yeshkel and Hoops Highlights to analyze games once the league commences, actually sponsor those guys to make contents related to the league and its games, that's what core bball fans will enjoy with added advantage of expanding their reach. I hope they don't pull an mpbl when it comes to marketing and execution, espescially the most ridiculous and lame height limit rule on foreign players.
                    I love those YT channels. Different attacks but both with sensible contents.

Comment

Originally posted by live_evil View Post
                      Hoping that the foreign student athletes get to play in Filbasket but I would want them to be graduates of local universities so we don't get the mercenaries.
                      Agree
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I think Jai has that good ambition to become agood basketball executive in his career and he is using filbasket as his launch pad ika nga

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                          Is there an official complaint against Bright? Anyway I hope FilBasket allows unli imports for all teams, not just foreign guest teams. I mean if they think having only local coaches is xenophobic, the same logic should apply to the players.

Comment

This league is smart, it will be used by rich basketball giants to filter Fil foreigners again haha just like the league handled by Vince Hizon back then

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                              Is there an official complaint against Bright? Anyway I hope FilBasket allows unli imports for all teams, not just foreign guest teams. I mean if they think having only local coaches is xenophobic, the same logic should apply to the players.
                              To answer your first question, wala pa articles eh. But Bright is already in Nigeria now based on his IG stories. OLA must be here pa rin naman and i saw a video of him being a barista or the like.

Yup, i think what Jai mentioned is that they are trying to pattern themselves with the Euro League. so pwede sana mga imports sa teams. Hope they could afford tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information