Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Couldn't have said it better, personally for me it is a win win. Despite Culver's potential, Timberwolves don't have the time to develop him. With their moves the last couple of seasons, they need to get out of this dry spell and be competitive.
    I see Pat Beverly will be release by T-Wolves between start until middle of the season.. Maybe salary reasons or he will not fit to the T-Wolves rebuilding process.. He will go on buy out then go to contender teams like Lakers, Nets or Bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I see Pat Beverly will be release by T-Wolves between start until middle of the season.. Maybe salary reasons or he will not fit to the T-Wolves rebuilding process.. He will go on buy out then go to contender teams like Lakers, Nets or Bucks...
    I can see him getting traded also especially if the Minnesota won't have too much success by the trading deadline. Wolves are banking on the healthy seasons of their Key players, they are looking forward for a playoff run but I doubt it. Even at their best I just see them as the 7th seed or a play in tournament team but we never know, I could be wrong.

BBALLBREAKDOWN on the Bulls:

I hope the experiment results in at least a playoff appearance to keep LaVine happy. And the team is counting on the improvements of Patrick Williams and LaVine, even Lonzo. And hopefully Donovan can at least turn the defense into a respectable one. Bulls were 12th in defensive rating last year.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    BBALLBREAKDOWN on the Bulls:

I hope the experiment results in at least a playoff appearance to keep LaVine happy. And the team is counting on the improvements of Patrick Williams and LaVine, even Lonzo. And hopefully Donovan can at least turn the defense into a respectable one. Bulls were 12th in defensive rating last year.
    If Vuc can at least turn into a passable defender they have a good chance in the East..

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    If Vuc can at least turn into a passable defender they have a good chance in the East..
    Vuč is already 31. He might not have enough time. Individually, he's OK in the post. However, when it comes to team defense, he's not that good, especially in PnR (which Trae and Clint Capela repeatedly abused once). Hopefully, yeah, he turns into a passable defender, especially in PnR and help situations. Less pressure on Williams to help on D.

The Bulls may need to use more of Tony Bradley, though. Plus, they haven't gotten another defensive-minded four yet. Hopefully Maxi Kleber or Paul Millsap can join.

Miami Heat: All employees must be vaccinated against COVID
    source: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/21...against-covid/

Exemptions will be available for those awaiting a second dose of a two-shot vaccine or those with “a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief,” the team said. Employees who have not met vaccination requirements by that date will not be allowed at work, and if they remain noncompliant eventually will be considered to have resigned.

This does not apply to the players on the Heat roster, their vaccination and testing protocols were collectively bargained with the league by the players’ union. The mandate is for other team employees.

-I guess this also applies to coaches? (similar to the NFL)
    Ducks fly together!

alapag named as assistant coach for stockton kings (g-league)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/nba/j...a1374-20210824

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    alapag named as assistant coach for stockton kings (g-league)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/nba/j...a1374-20210824
    Good start to his career! If Jackson gets called up to the main team in a year, he can be in the running for head coach of the Stockton team and eventually work his way up to an nba team

I hope the Kings G -leaague team signs an eligible Pinoy, who kaya? Is Kobe still available ?

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I hope the Kings G -leaague team signs an eligible Pinoy, who kaya? Is Kobe still available ?
    If Kobe doesn’t sign with the b league. He can be an option. Cholo could also be an option if he doesn’t go to college school and goes pro instead

Great news! Jimmy has the potential to be a great coach, i'm sure someday magiging head coach siya ng Gilas. Good luck to mighty mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Good start to his career! If Jackson gets called up to the main team in a year, he can be in the running for head coach of the Stockton team and eventually work his way up to an nba team
    I remember Bobby Jackson from the early 2000s, he was on my Yahoo NBA fantasy team. He was almost always the shortest on the court. Seeing him much taller than Jimmy A, makes me appreciate more how Jimmy was able to lead the PHL back in 2013.

Lauri finally got traded with a 4 year, $67M contract.

CHI gets: Derrick Jones, Jr., POR 1st rounder (lottery protected through 2028, after which it becomes a 2nd if not conveyed before 2028), 2023 DEN 2nd rounder

CLE gets: Lauri Markkanen

POR gets: Larry Nance, Jr.

Lauri finally got traded with a 4 year, $67M contract.

CHI gets: Derrick Jones, Jr., POR 1st rounder (lottery protected through 2028, after which it becomes a 2nd if not conveyed before 2028), 2023 DEN 2nd rounder

CLE gets: Lauri Markkanen

POR gets: Larry Nance, Jr.
    Kevin Love and Lauri on the same team? hmmm I guess love is about to get a contract buy out from Cleveland to complete the Cav's youth movement. Sucks for Dallas though, but the Bulls got a good trade, in today's NBA trade market, draft picks and cap flexibility are of great value
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Kevin Love and Lauri on the same team? hmmm I guess love is about to get a contract buy out from Cleveland to complete the Cav's youth movement. Sucks for Dallas though, but the Bulls got a good trade, in today's NBA trade market, draft picks and cap flexibility are of great value
    Cavs have Evan Mobley too. That's a lot of bigs. Lauri, Mobley, Allen, Love (unless he gets a buyout).

Chicago got two picks, plus an athletic rangy guy who has the potential to guard three positions in addition to being a good team defender. The $9.7M contract helps. I expect a lot of small ball from them, unless they get a nice PF in FA (Millsap probably).

Portland got a good defensive four. I wanted Nance too, but it is what it is. That pick will likely convey, and will Lillard stay with Portland?

Cavs have Evan Mobley too. That's a lot of bigs. Lauri, Mobley, Allen, Love (unless he gets a buyout).

Chicago got two picks, plus an athletic rangy guy who has the potential to guard three positions in addition to being a good team defender. The $9.7M contract helps. I expect a lot of small ball from them, unless they get a nice PF in FA (Millsap probably).

Portland got a good defensive four. I wanted Nance too, but it is what it is. That pick will likely convey, and will Lillard stay with Portland?
    I think all teams won this deal. Except for that big man log jam (again, as usual) for the Cavs.

Cavs got their piece for the future should Sexton stay. Love will not be bought out according to some articles so he can be a good mentor for Lauri. Mobley's stock affects the most here though.

DJJ is on an expiring contract PLUS Chicago got some picks WHICH THEY NEEDED since they got rid of picks for the Vuc and Derozan trade. Hope Lavine stays with 2022 Free Agency being not that deep and teams have committed a huge chunk of money for their core players.

Meanwhile, Portland got an underrated piece in LNJ. I assume he backs up both Nurk and Covington. Zeller is a bust so i guess he will be out of the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I think all teams won this deal. Except for that big man log jam (again, as usual) for the Cavs.

Cavs got their piece for the future should Sexton stay. Love will not be bought out according to some articles so he can be a good mentor for Lauri. Mobley's stock affects the most here though.

DJJ is on an expiring contract PLUS Chicago got some picks WHICH THEY NEEDED since they got rid of picks for the Vuc and Derozan trade. Hope Lavine stays with 2022 Free Agency being not that deep and teams have committed a huge chunk of money for their core players.

Meanwhile, Portland got an underrated piece in LNJ. I assume he backs up both Nurk and Covington. Zeller is a bust so i guess he will be out of the rotation.
    Yeah, exactly, the Bulls NEEDED those picks. However, those picks did come with protections.

Bulls gave up the following picks in the Vuč trade:
    2021 1st rounder (top-4 protected in 2021, unprotected in 2022 if pick didn't convey in 2021; Magic used to select Franz Wagner)
    2023 1st rounder (top-4 protected in 2023, unprotected in 2024 if pick doesn't convey in 2023)

Here's the 1st rounder the Bulls gave up in the DeRozan trade.
    2025 1st rounder (top-10 protected in 2025, top-8 protected in 2026 if pick doesn't convey in 2025, top-8 protected in 2027 if pick doesnt convey in 2026, and unprotected if pick doesn't convey in 2027)

The Bulls heavily protected their picks, so if the experiment doesn't result to a championship or consistent playoff contention by 2025, they can rebuild much more easily.

But, yeah, at least the Bulls got two picks. One is potentially a first. However, for them to fully benefit from the trade, Portland has to make the playoffs once from 2022 to 2028. Otherwise, they will get two 2nd-rounders from this trade.

Well, the Nets just got Paul Millsap: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...853804046?s=20

Sucks that the Bulls didn't get him. But I don't blame him for choosing a contender rather than a science experiment.

Well, the Nets just got Paul Millsap: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...853804046?s=20

Sucks that the Bulls didn't get him. But I don't blame him for choosing a contender rather than a science experiment.
    Where is DeAndre going?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Where is DeAndre going?
    Not bought out yet, but they're working on it. Rumor is, however, that the Lakers are interested.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast