Volume 3 of the Men's Olympic Basketball Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume 3 of the Men's Olympic Basketball Power Rankings

TOKYO (Japan) - We are a day away from the Quarter-Finals in the Saitama Super Arena. That gives us one last chance to update the Power Rankings before the teams sort out the actual rankings on the...

1. Slovenia
    2. France
    3. Australia
    4. USA
    5. Spain
    6. Italy
    7. Argentina
    8. Germany

Originally posted by Kings View Post
    http://www.fiba.basketball/olympics/...kings-volume-3

1. Slovenia
    2. France
    3. Australia
    4. USA
    5. Spain
    6. Italy
    7. Argentina
    8. Germany
    Makes little sense to me. So, Slovenia and Spain faced the same competition and both dispatched them easily. Then duked it out and it was a 1-point game until the final seconds, with Spain ahead for 30 minutes of the game. Looks like they should be evenly ranked.

Then, Argentina did nothing but maul a hapless foe. Didn't have a chance against Slovenia or Spain. And yet they are ranked ahead of Germany, a team which gave Australia and Italy all they could handle...
    Last edited by Darrell Armstrong; 08-02-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

These ranking are there for the click-bait. USA is still no.1, France imo no.2, with Spain, Slovenia, Australia from 3 to 5 in random order. While needless to say Germany and Italy might have a word there on court. The only country I am not counting on for some upset is Argentina though. Too short bench should make it increasingly difficult for them to pull an upset in a tournament like this.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information