2020 Men's Olympic Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Sometimes strange things happen in sports. If you just look at Slovenian roster, you could never guess how they play. I don't know how it will end, but at the moment this team looks like they cannot lose. Everything started with Luka, but we suddenly have 12 players, who will leave everything on the court and even more importantly they believe. Incredible staff.
    Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
      Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.
      I know all those players the whole career and they're undoubtedly solid players, but far from first tier. Currently only 3 play in Euroleague, second tier clubs, and Cancar is bench warmer in Denver. For comparison, the whole Spain team is playing in Nba or the best Euroleague's club.

Fighting, heaving big heart, enjoining each other...no team is even close to them.

On the other hand Luka is 17:0 with NT. Slovenia before Luka has never won medal in big competition and has never qualified for Olympics. I believe that tells a lot too.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Speaking of overachievers, credit to Germany too. They did very well to even get to the knockout stages. Very interested to see their future with a healthy roster + the addition of Franz Wagner.

Comment

• watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
            watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol
            Yes, players as Booker are total joke. Go Spain!
            previously known as Beno

Comment

• Spain broke down last 90s. This should be clear 10+ lead. US came back on individual quality of Durant after wild 3 that got them going.

US is playing criminally bad for their standards. Still huge favourite today and for tournament.

Comment

• Very lucky to be tied because we mostly played terrible. Or maybe Spain is lucky to be tied because the US missed a bunch of open threes and got no rebounds. Spain-US games are weird.
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.

Comment

• US team is not too bad. Spain is pressing defensively and managed to frustrate them. USA cannot find rhythm and the confidence against Spains organized (European style ) game. Will Spaniard veterans stay strong until the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.
                      This. Key question for me, too.

Comment

• Spain also locked in a tight handball quarterfinal with Sweden...which one are more people watching in Spain?
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• These refs are a joke. The amount of soft fouls... Let the guys play!
                          Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Not sure why Garuba is getting so much time on court, he has been a liability offensively. Surely even a 41-year old Pau would be preferable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                              This. Key question for me, too.
                              well...answer is now obvious. As it was

Comment

• Well, Spaniard's fatigue and US team's superior athleticism was obvious in the second half. Well deserved victory for USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information