Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Men's Olympic Tournament

ugh Spain in the first round. On the bright side they're a familiar opponent, and the US can usually get up for Spain so no real chance of being flat. Still Spain. The start time is brutal too for people on the East coast. Guess I'm either staying up super late or getting up super early.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    basketball worlds is happy to see 1/4 Usa vs Spain
    great for neutral fans

Italy won eurovision 2021
    Italy won fifa euro cup 2021
    Italy won 100m final race in Olympic 2021
    Italy beat Serbia in basketball in Belgrad

Italy gonna beat France in 1/4 it is destiny of 2021 no other way around

Let’s not sugarcoat this. If the US loses to Spain it would be an enormous upset. The US is an 11.5 point favorite and 8-1 favorite on the money line and rightfully so. They have owned Spain historically in this spot. 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016.
    Different players and even coaches but the same result. This time should not be any different. Seven of the top nine Spain minute leaders are 30+ years old and 4 of them are 35+.
    As a matter of fact all 4 previous knockout games followed a similar script. Competitive games but in crunch time last 5 minutes or so Spain has never led, tied or even trailed by a single possession. They have trailed by double digits in each game as well at some point during crunch time. A similar result should be expected and a US elimination should be considered a major upset.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

I have never seen game being played at 10 am. Wtf?
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I have never seen game being played at 10 am. Wtf?
    Historically the first quarterfinal was played around 1pm but I looked it up and in the last Olympics it was 11am and in 1996 Lithuania-Greece was 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Australia as always 4th?
    Actually, I would say Argentina has realistic chances for win against Australia who is overrated, I dont know based on what? Australia is correct team with some good players and with some obvious lacks, this is team of second level on tournament as well as Argentina, they won 3 games in group.

But, in the games of high importance they have many problems due their style of basketball,pretty free and leisure. This generation of Australia won one important game against good opponent, that was against Lithunia 2016 and that`s all. I think Argentina has better sniff to find way to win in dramatic,tough game than Australia would it be.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Historically the first quarterfinal was played around 1pm but I looked it up and in the last Olympics it was 11am and in 1996 Lithuania-Greece was 10am.
    Thanks. Really strange time for Slovenia: Germany match.
    previously known as Beno

Congrats to my boy Bob. Ziga "Olajuwon" Dimec!!!

All four quarterfinal favorites are solid in the 7.5-13.5 point favorite range. And all four will face heavy pressure to win and an elimination would be disastrous. Usa obviously. France has to finally make a run and after always coming up short. Same thing with Australia if not this cycle then when ? And even Slovenia can’t lose to Germany and is actually the largest favorite of the four and understandably so since they are undefeated with Luka and Germany is the weakest of the 8.

Whenever Dimec's gravitational field doesn't result in 5 fouls in 3 minutes, he can be usefull!

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game. I am impressed by our team winning this game even on a bit of an off shooting day.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Whenever Dimec's gravitational field doesn't result in 5 fouls in 3 minutes, he can be usefull!

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game..
    Yeah I agree. The strategy should be used as a change up and not the entire game. It gave the Slovenian “others” confidence early on and that set a bad precedent for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Congrats to my boy Bob. Ziga "Olajuwon" Dimec!!!
    Thanks. Yes, it might looked strange but Dimec was crucial in 1 point, rebounding, scoring and even assisting.
    previously known as Beno

Is it me or are these games flying by even faster than usual? It used to be about 1:50-2 hours in real time but I feel like it’s more like 1:40 now. You blink and these games are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post

Great game! Box +1 zone was incredible against Luka and if Slovenia was indeed only Luka, it would work. I was a bit surprised Spain insisted on it for the whole game. I am impressed by our team winning this game even on a bit of an off shooting day.
    Luka after the game said, "have you ever seen someone playing zone for 40 minutes? "
    previously known as Beno

All four quarterfinal favorites are solid in the 7.5-13.5 point favorite range. And all four will face heavy pressure to win and an elimination would be disastrous. Usa obviously. France has to finally make a run and after always coming up short. Same thing with Australia if not this cycle then when ? And even Slovenia can’t lose to Germany and is actually the largest favorite of the four and understandably so since they are undefeated with Luka and Germany is the weakest of the 8.
    Before this year, I would have never believed that Slovenia can be 13.5 points favourite in the Qs of Olympics.
    previously known as Beno

I remember Scariolo attempting to box and one Durant in the fourth quarter of the Gold medal game in 2012. But there was a play where Lebron had the ball on the right wing and two Spanish defenders stayed with Durant opening up a wide open lane for Lebron to drive and dunk and that was the end of that. Incidentally the only time I can ever remember the strategy being used for an entire game was the 1985 NCAA final 4 when John Thompson’s Georgetown did it to St. John’s Chris Mullin and it did work by limiting his shots and basically shutting him down. But Mullin was a scorer not a facilitator like Luka so not really appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Before this year, I would have never believed that Slovenia can be 13.5 points favourite in the Qs of Olympics.
    No doubt. But here you are and that’s all that matters. Would love to have seen Goran Dragic playing off the ball and at the point when Luka got rest. Your team would have been a beast.

No doubt. But here you are and that’s all that matters. Would love to have seen Goran Dragic playing off the ball and at the point when Luka got rest. Your team would have been a beast.
    Dragic was tempted to play in the end, but said it would have been unfair to take place from someone, who played in qualifications. Slovenia would have been much better team with Dragic of course.

Bookies have USA as clear favourites. Slovenia is second with 6.00.
    previously known as Beno

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast