X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Spain vs Slovenia game is crusial shaping up playoofs picture:

The looser gets powerhourse USA/Fra/Aus in 1/4

The winner gets Italy or Germany in 1/4

its huge diffrence between winning and loosing that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
      Unless I am not understanding the rules again these are the possibilities:

France v. Italy, Argentina, Germany or Spain/Slovenia loser

Australia v. Argentina or Spain/Slovenia loser

USA v. Italy or Spain/Slovenia loser

Spain/Slovenia winner v. Italy or Germany

Yes, you're rigth, but, replace Argentina with ARG-JPN winner

Comment

• Originally posted by juli_rc View Post

Yes, you're rigth, but, replace Argentina with ARG-JPN winner
        Stop it. You’re not losing that game. Although it would be ironic that you overachieved so dramatically two years ago by eliminating Serbia and France if you do a 180 and underachieve by getting eliminated by Japan. But I wouldn’t worry.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• while I don't particularly like the three group format, the fact that we're at the last two group games and they both matter a lot, and all 4 teams have something to play for, is a good thing.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
            while I don't particularly like the three group format, the fact that we're at the last two group games and they both matter a lot, and all 4 teams have something to play for, is a good thing.
            Under coach K at this point heading into the quarters he would try to emphasize that the regular season (pool play) was over and it was playoff time (knockout rounds). The team would now show razor sharp focus after 5 pool games that seem to always include a few close calls due mainly to boredom. In contrast this team has been in playoff mode since its opening game embarrassment to Nigeria. And they still lost twice after that. Stuff like that and the fact that the team does not have another gear to turn to is scary.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Key game of the tournament thus far tomorrow, IMO, Slovenia vs Spain. I treat either Spain or Slovenia the best team after unconvincing USA in the tournament. If Slovenia takes down red hot chili peppers to me it's second best team (at least). USA to me still somewhat meh. Playing equally with Czech Rep for a half still shows it's kinda fragile USA NT. Maybe they will turn to next level during the tournament, but ATM I sense the lack of some sort of fundamentals in USA team. Still No.1 contender, but shaky.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Key game of the tournament thus far tomorrow, IMO, Slovenia vs Spain. I treat either Spain or Slovenia the best team after unconvincing USA in the tournament. If Slovenia takes down red hot chili peppers to me it's second best team (at least). USA to me still somewhat meh. Playing equally with Czech Rep for a half still shows it's kinda fragile USA NT. Maybe they will turn to next level during the tournament, but ATM I sense the lack of some sort of fundamentals in USA team. Still No.1 contender, but shaky.

possible QF opponents are italy, spain, or slovenia.

i think they have major edge over italy.

they have d defenders to make luka ordinary.

spain has chemistry and experience over them but most of their players are past their prime and are very shaky when rubio is on d bench.

i say, vs italy = tough but 90% sure semis , vs slovenia = tougher but winnable, vs spain = if slovenia beat them for first place in their group, so can they.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post

they have d defenders to make luka ordinary.
                  Leonard, George, Beverly and Rondo didn't make Luka ordinary. I don't see why this USA would make him so. It doesn't mean Slovenia will win it, but it may go either way, IMO, in FIBA game. Slovenia has much better chemistry. Off course, USA is much better defensive team so we'll see.
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Leonard, George, Beverly and Rondo didn't make Luka ordinary. I don't see why this USA would make him so. It doesn't mean Slovenia will win it, but it may go either way, IMO, in FIBA game. Slovenia has much better chemistry. Off course, USA is much better defensive team so we'll see.
                    their strategy was for luka to get his binge and limit the others, making KP and richardson among others not just ordinary but forgotten players.

but im a mavs fan so hopefully usa vs slovenia in d finals instead.

Comment

their strategy was for luka to get his binge and limit the others, making KP and richardson among others not just ordinary but forgotten players.

but im a mavs fan so hopefully usa vs slovenia in d finals instead.
                      I don't believe you're Mavs fan because you're talking total bullshit. Richardson was not even starter in that series, total non factor, averaging 13 minutes. KP was that bad in D, that Mavs had to start Boban to not being totally destroyed in the paint, while Clippers were playing small ball. It was suicidal move of corse, Boban cannot defend picks, but KP was that bad that RC basically didn't have any other option. In offense KP was standing in the corner as decoy. Total non factor too. Porzingis is 2.21 and he couldn't do anything against 20+ cm shorter SFs? Give me a break. I have never seen something that pathetic in my life.

Clippers tried to do everything to stop Luka with no luck, but finally they have won because Luka couldn't play 48 minutes. In game 3, after winning first 2, they were up by 17 in first Q, RC has taken Luka out and Mavs fell apart.

Mavericks offensive rating with Luka was 118, without Luka 83. This are insane numbers. But we have seen very similar numbers in game against Argentina. Slovenia with Luka + 34, without him -16 in just 9 minutes.

Here you can see great analysis, how to stop Luka. In short, you won't stop him, you have to take ball out of his hands.

Last edited by Killer Bob; 07-31-2021, 09:42 PM.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• theres a reason why Lowry is the target fa of dallas this season, they need someone who can shout at luka and involve others on the scheme..they known better if they somehow involved porzingis even if he suck on it at least they gave him the chance, it wasnt the case
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          theres a reason why Lowry is the target fa of dallas this season, they need someone who can shout at luka and involve others on the scheme..they known better if they somehow involved porzingis even if he suck on it at least they gave him the chance, it wasnt the case
                          KP was averaging 20 points with the best efficiency of his career in regular season, so Luka was obviously not the problem. The problem in this series was KP's total liability in D, which made RC to play Boban alongside him. That has obviously caused differences in offensive scheme too, where KP became Pf and paint was suddenly closed, because Boban was there. KP's inability to create anything for himself didn't help either.

They need to bring another guard because Richardson sucked and has already been traded. Kp is non factor in this trade and might be traded too, if Mavs find someone to take him and get something back.

All this speculations how Mavs are not happy with Luka are a joke, they will do anything to please him. Kidd, KP, whoever will be a history, if Luka wants it.

Mavs getting Lowry is a long shot anyway, much more likely scenario is Lowry coming in Miami. In this case Miami will renounce Dragic, who might sign with Mavs.
                          Last edited by Killer Bob; 07-31-2021, 11:56 PM.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                            I don't believe you're Mavs fan because you're talking total bullshit. Richardson was not even starter in that series, total non factor, averaging 13 minutes. KP was that bad in D, that Mavs had to start Boban to not being totally destroyed in the paint, while Clippers were playing small ball. It was suicidal move of corse, Boban cannot defend picks, but KP was that bad that RC basically didn't have any other option. In offense KP was standing in the corner as decoy. Total non factor too. Porzingis is 2.21 and he couldn't do anything against 20+ cm shorter SFs? Give me a break. I have never seen something that pathetic in my life.

Clippers tried to do everything to stop Luka with no luck, but finally they have won because Luka couldn't play 48 minutes. In game 3, after winning first 2, they were up by 17 in first Q, RC has taken Luka out and Mavs fell apart.

Mavericks offensive rating with Luka was 118, without Luka 83. This are insane numbers. But we have seen very similar numbers in game against Argentina. Slovenia with Luka + 34, without him -16 in just 9 minutes.

Here you can see great analysis, how to stop Luka. In short, you won't stop him, you have to take ball out of his hands.

https://youtu.be/h-Ax4Fs6gf8
                            im a mavs fan since d days of nash and dirk so you are d one talking BS to even question me on that.

i do not need to watch a youtube video for any luka analysis as i watch 90% of mavs games in regular season, part of two social media forums on d mavs, and regularly listens and reads mavs stuff on three mavs sites.

taking d ball out of luka's hands was not for d clippers to do for an entire series because mavs were ready for that. go get some statistics and see the % of possessions that they double-teamed luka in d entire 7 games.

check also that leonard was not d main defender on luka even if they could do so. they focused on leonard defending KP and later on hardaway.

Comment

im a mavs fan since d days of nash and dirk so you are d one talking BS to even question me on that.

i do not need to watch a youtube video for any luka analysis as i watch 90% of mavs games in regular season and part of two social media forums on d mavs.

taking d ball out of luka's hands was not for d clippers to do for an entire series because mavs were ready for that. go get some statistics and see the % of possessions that they double-teamed luka in d entire 7 games.

check also that leonard was not d main defender on luka even if they could do so. they focused on leonard defending KP and later on hardaway.
                              Suddenly you're not mentioning Richardson anymore?

Kawhi was main defender on KP in first 2 games and we know how it ended for the Clippers. After that things change. It's obvious that Kawhi couldn't guard Luka the whole series, because he was too important for Clippers in offense. Lue was mixing D on Luka the whole time. After going down 0:2 it was Kawhi, who was prime defender on Luka. With all screms that teams play it's impossible for 1 player to guard anyone exclusively anymore. Teams are attacking weak spots in D. That's why Zubac didn't play much after he was destroyed by Luka in first games. Clippers didn't need to do much about KP later in the series anymore, because with addition of Boban, KP became 2.21 Sf hidden in the corner, waiting to get few shots per match. Mavs would have been ecstatic, if Kawhi was waiting with him. If KP had any kind of post moves, Clippers couldn't defend him the way they did with smaller players. Unfortunately KP after injury is not unicorn anymore, but just Sf, who cannot create anything, hidden in a big body.

But again, the main problem with KP was not his offensive play, but total inability to be rim protector. Paint was totally open because of his lack of movement. RC tried to solve that with starting Boban alongside him, but doing that Mavs were totally open on perimeter, which was painfully obvious in game 7. Mavs didn't lose the series because of offense, but because of D.
                              Last edited by Killer Bob; 08-01-2021, 04:57 AM.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                                Suddenly you're not mentioning Richardson anymore?

Kawhi was main defender on KP in first 2 games and we know how it ended for the Clippers. After that things change. It's obvious that Kawhi couldn't guard Luka the whole series, because he was too important for Clippers in offense. Lue was mixing D on Luka the whole time. After going down 0:2 it was Kawhi, who was prime defender on Luka. With all screms that teams play it's impossible for 1 player to guard anyone exclusively anymore. Teams are attacking weak spots in D. That's why Zubac didn't play much after he was destroyed by Luka in first games. Clippers didn't need to do much about KP later in the series anymore, because with addition of Boban, KP became 2.21 Sf hidden in the corner, waiting to get few shots per match. Mavs would have been ecstatic, if Kawhi was waiting with him.

But again, the main problem with KP was not his offensive play, but total inability to be rim protector. Paint was totally open because his lack of movement.
                                richardson was not given minutes becos he could not space d floor and they need hardaway's shooting over his defense (which was actually negative as mavs' defense were better with him off d floor) and they cannot afford to play both tim and josh becos that would mean less minutes for DFS and even maxi.

khawi was not d main defender on KP in d first 2 games but shifted to hardaway starting game 3.

kp's offense was problematic, he was not able to take advantage of smaller defenders. but he also had less touches, especially d last 5 games because he was made a corner spot-up shooter becos analytics suggested he's most efficient in that role.

indeed, KP's defense was also a problem but he did improve a bit in d last 2 or 3 games.

but other than KP's regression, mavs lose series becos of (a) tactical errors from d head coach, especially in terms of managing luka's minutes, (b) lack of secondary creator, and (c) lack of elite wing defender. The last 2 were supposed to be something that richardson will address but it was a failure. hence, he was traded d moment he opted in his contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information