Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Men's Olympic Tournament

No, it didn't have any influence, but still funny to see coach whining to opponents.

You started this conversations with complaining about Luka.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    No, it didn't have any influence, but still funny to see coach whining to opponents.

You started this conversations with complaining about Luka.
    Incorrect. I didn't complain about Luka. I complained about posters applying a double standard to Luka's antics. What he did is pretty normal for star players. Sometimes you earn a technical foul for that, sometimes you don't. It's no big deal. What I pointed out is no one even mentioned that. But have been Rudy who did the same, oh man, old posters would unearth their accounts just to post their outrage on such a dirty display of unsportmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichMohr View Post
    When they won in 2019 they weren't not even in the top 4 as USA, Australia, France and Serbia had better squads. They became competitive once again thinking that just defending better than your opponent is the only way as they haven't got the same offensive talent they used to have. So call me mad but i prefer that they keep in mind that they're not better than anyone, it's more healthy. Playing with more balls? You mean bouncing your testicles on the court?
    I didn't expect to be that afraid of 1 player to play box and one whole 40 minutes.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    Incorrect. I didn't complain about Luka. I complained about posters applying a double standard to Luka's antics. What he did is pretty normal for star players. Sometimes you earn a technical foul for that, sometimes you don't. It's no big deal. What I pointed out is no one even mentioned that. But have been Rudy who did the same, oh man, old posters would unearth their accounts just to post their outrage on such a dirty display of unsportmanship.
    You started with, "By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical."

Btw, I admit that Luka whines a lot.
    previously known as Beno

You started with, "By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical."

Btw, I admit that Luka whines a lot.
    Yeah, I said that and immediately joked that must be because of the time he spent playing in Spain, learning the ropes from Rudy and the Sergios... I think my intention was quite clear, to be honest: no spanish poster brought that up, in spite of all that whining being pretty obvious. Yet we have a neutral fan complaining about Spaniards flopping in the same game...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    By the way, has someone mentioned Doncic's constant pouting and jawing with referees? He even went out of his way during timeouts to whine to them. Somehow never earned a technical. You can tell he played in Spain because he has perfected this technique which isn't used in any other place of the world.
    Didn't know this side of Luka, I guess the star status caught up to him. For three quarters, all he did was complain to the refs after every single play or contact. And it paid off, in the second half you couldn't get near him and the refs would instantly blow the whistle.

IBN is showing its usual double standards when it comes to stars from Eastern Europe vs. Western Europe. I can imagine the comments if a Spaniard had similar behaviour...

The same posters that used to vilify NBA stars playing 'hero ball' in FIBA play, but when it's Luka it's all good...
    Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Quote Originally Posted by Buzissa View Post
    Didn't know this side of Luka, I guess the star status caught up to him. For three quarters, all he did was complain to the refs after every single play or contact. And it paid off, in the second half you couldn't get near him and the refs would instantly blow the whistle.

IBN is showing its usual double standards when it comes to stars from Eastern Europe vs. Western Europe. I can imagine the comments if a Spaniard had similar behaviour...

The same posters that used to vilify NBA stars playing 'hero ball' in FIBA play, but when it's Luka it's all good...
    Which eastern Europe are we talking about?
    previously known as Beno

Thought Sekulic thoroughly out-coached Sergio Scariolo too. Ballsy movie to put Luka back in with three fouls, loved the way he forced the ref to call a tech on Spain for having six players in the court. Everyone wants to give all the credit to Luka (and they should) but Slovenia is just really competent from top to bottom.

SLOVENIA first to Final 4 as expected by most

The next game of USA vs SPAIN will be lit.

Sometimes strange things happen in sports. If you just look at Slovenian roster, you could never guess how they play. I don't know how it will end, but at the moment this team looks like they cannot lose. Everything started with Luka, but we suddenly have 12 players, who will leave everything on the court and even more importantly they believe. Incredible staff.
    previously known as Beno

Sometimes strange things happen in sports. If you just look at Slovenian roster, you could never guess how they play. I don't know how it will end, but at the moment this team looks like they cannot lose. Everything started with Luka, but we suddenly have 12 players, who will leave everything on the court and even more importantly they believe. Incredible staff.
    Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    Glad to finally see you giving your (non Luka) countrymen a little credit! It might look easy, but plenty of supporting casts/coaching staffs could still manage to get in the way of a star like Luka. Yours support and enhance him.
    I know all those players the whole career and they're undoubtedly solid players, but far from first tier. Currently only 3 play in Euroleague, second tier clubs, and Cancar is bench warmer in Denver. For comparison, the whole Spain team is playing in Nba or the best Euroleague's club.

Fighting, heaving big heart, enjoining each other...no team is even close to them.

On the other hand Luka is 17:0 with NT. Slovenia before Luka has never won medal in big competition and has never qualified for Olympics. I believe that tells a lot too.
    previously known as Beno

Speaking of overachievers, credit to Germany too. They did very well to even get to the knockout stages. Very interested to see their future with a healthy roster + the addition of Franz Wagner.

watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    watching this Spain US game and if someone still tells me current NBA stars aren't manufactured products they need a good slap in their face to finally wake up lol
    Yes, players as Booker are total joke. Go Spain!
    previously known as Beno

Spain broke down last 90s. This should be clear 10+ lead. US came back on individual quality of Durant after wild 3 that got them going.

US is playing criminally bad for their standards. Still huge favourite today and for tournament.

Very lucky to be tied because we mostly played terrible. Or maybe Spain is lucky to be tied because the US missed a bunch of open threes and got no rebounds. Spain-US games are weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.

US team is not too bad. Spain is pressing defensively and managed to frustrate them. USA cannot find rhythm and the confidence against Spains organized (European style ) game. Will Spaniard veterans stay strong until the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    fascinating to watch Usa chaos with spain discipline.

One question for me will spain veterans will have enough energy to hold on or veterans will get tired like at the end vs Slovenia game.
    This. Key question for me, too.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast