Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
    Damn Ramon Ang could not maintain the success of SMC by being unreasonable and close minded. I am sure that if they have a proper heart to heart with MVP than maybe just maybe SMC will finally support Gilas 100%. Though I know it is a longshot, we all are hoping for longshots too especially with Clarkson as a local. Hope these guys can get their shit together and cooperate for the betterment of the team. We need the SMC's cooperation because they all have the players but if we don't then I am sure we will manage by somehow. It would be nice to see a country actually united though for the sake of our team.
    BTW, in case you're not yet aware, the Gilas jerseys in the 1st & 2nd windows had San Miguel Beer logo at the lower back portion which means SMC is among the Gilas team's major sponsor - something I find odd.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      BTW, in case you're not yet aware, the Gilas jerseys in the 1st & 2nd windows had San Miguel Beer logo at the lower back portion which means SMC is among the Gilas team's major sponsor - something I find odd.
      I did notice that but then again what is the point? They hardly contribute anything especially with lending players though I think their sponsorship was just because of 2019 world cup? Correct me if I am wrong but I also saw a San Miguel printing in 2019. At this point on unless we see more changes being done by the SMC for gilas other than possibly I don't know something monetary? They are just "supporting" us by name.

Comment

• Originally posted by FITL View Post
        As an admittedly biased UP grad who knows the guy personally, I'm just hoping he can get over himself....
        since you know him personally, maybe you can take part in this "mending fences", explain from a friend's point of view what may be wrong & what may be improved. I read somewhere that Coach Tab called him to explain the reason/s for his non-inclusion. if you're older that him, maybe he'll take your word as a brother.
        sigpic

Comment

Dude as someone who lives in Ormoc, I would love to see Bolick play in Gilas HUHUHUHU. Hope the SMC gets more cooperative. Fuck Chua, I just hope that Ramon Ang will support Gilas. He will override longhair anytime of the day.
          why do we always assume na SMC players will never play with gilas? isali mo jan sa pool ang mga smc players tutal pool naman yan just to add a little pressure and then sbp can negotiate with chua. thats best thing SBP can do kesa "ay wag na lng natin isali yan kasi nasa SMC camp".

Comment

• Originally posted by deku_midoriya View Post
            why do we always assume na SMC players will never play with gilas? isali mo jan sa pool ang mga smc players tutal pool naman yan just to add a little pressure and then sbp can negotiate with chua. thats best thing SBP can do kesa "ay wag na lng natin isali yan kasi nasa SMC camp".
            What do you mean assume? We are all simply reacting to their consistent actions throughout the years man, nothing more or nothing less. Obviously I want the SMC and Gilas to have a 100% cooperative relationship. There are too many instances of SMC politics on Gilas man and as long as that does not change then things will be the same. We probably don't have a problem on getting the players in a 10 day notice but if you are asking for a full commitment that Tab is requiring then we all know that it is difficult to achieve.

Comment

I do hope that the SMC and the SBP will get their shit together. We need the SMC to be more competitive overall man especially when they have the highest concentration of Filipino talent. All we can hope at this point is for Chua to change or for Ang to have a meeting with MVP or whatever. I don't care about the means, I just hope that they will finally cooperate with each other. Even if the PBA will continue their 3 conferences or whatever, I hope that they will lend their players for long commitments even if they miss a season or find a compromise.

Comment

What do you mean assume? We are all simply reacting to their consistent actions throughout the years man, nothing more or nothing less. Obviously I want the SMC and Gilas to have a 100% cooperative relationship. There are too many instances of SMC politics on Gilas man and as long as that does not change then things will be the same. We probably don't have a problem on getting the players in a 10 day notice but if you are asking for a full commitment that Tab is requiring then we all know that it is difficult to achieve.
                We are hosting the world cup and im sure SMC would be more than glad to get a share of the recognition. I just don't buy that professionals should be with the team for a year or two to master tab's system. gaano ba ka intricate ang system na yan?

Comment

We are hosting the world cup and im sure SMC would be more than glad to get a share of the recognition. I just don't buy that professionals should be with the team for a year or two to master tab's system. gaano ba ka intricate ang system na yan?
                  Based on Tab's interviews, Players, Assistant coaches and etc. Highly complex. Why do you think the players move so well in defense and offense? (though they are inconsistent with offense). Tab said that at least a month for someone new. A year or two will be overkill for me, 1-3 months would be fine.

Comment

• Gilas vs Tunisia Breakdown

Comment

Based on Tab's interviews, Players, Assistant coaches and etc. Highly complex. Why do you think the players move so well in defense and offense? (though they are inconsistent with offense). Tab said that at least a month for someone new. A year or two will be overkill for me, 1-3 months would be fine.
                      Correct. Tab never mentioned that he needs guys like Kai, Dalph, AJ Edu & the possible PBA reinforcements to train full time with Gilas for at least a year or something to that effect. What coach Tab said is like for those aforementioned players to train with Gilas for a considerable period of time (at least 3 weeks perhaps) on occasional basis leading to the 2023 FIBA World Cup. This is what I described as accumulative training in which a player, who couldn't train with Gilas on a full time basis, gets to train occasionally (upon availability) several times prior to the 2023 FIBA World Cup. Its something like a Kai Sotto, or an AJ Edu or a Panopio trains with Gilas for about 2 months within the June to August period next year since that would be school vacation in the US (for Edu & Panopio) and off season of NBL- Australia for Kai. Then during the June to August period in 2023, these players could train again with Gilas for about 2 months prior to the World Cup. The PBA reinforcements on the other hand can train with Gilas during the PBA off season.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Pwede na man pala then why can't SMC players join in the off-season? Why leave them out? I want tab and SBP to say we want perez, bolick, japeth, greg or junmar to be in the pool. Pool pa lang naman yan eh, nothing is yet set in stone. Then try to negotiate with the SMC for the release and schedules. Sana isinama si jgdl dito sa jordan kahit totoo pa yang ugali ni juan. That's not a hopeless case and something that can be remedied thru counselling.

Comment

• Now I believe the saying, that tin cans make the most noise..
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• So what's the news about Allyn Bulanadi, is he still part of the program? Too small for 2spot I guess.
                            Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
                              since you know him personally, maybe you can take part in this "mending fences", explain from a friend's point of view what may be wrong & what may be improved. I read somewhere that Coach Tab called him to explain the reason/s for his non-inclusion. if you're older that him, maybe he'll take your word as a brother.
                              I'd love to, haven't talked to him in around 2-3 years na though. Maybe I can get to him through our moms haha.

Jokes aside, nah he wouldn't, but he's doing great for himself and is in a good place so I'm happy for him no matter what happens.

Comment

Pwede na man pala then why can't SMC players join in the off-season? Why leave them out? I want tab and SBP to say we want perez, bolick, japeth, greg or junmar to be in the pool. Pool pa lang naman yan eh, nothing is yet set in stone. Then try to negotiate with the SMC for the release and schedules. Sana isinama si jgdl dito sa jordan kahit totoo pa yang ugali ni juan. That's not a hopeless case and something that can be remedied thru counselling.
                                You keep saying that then why hasn't it happened? They had a chance to let Greg play for Gilas even though he had no live contract with them, and Coach Tab expressed to the media that they were waiting on his mother team for further news, but even then they still wouldn't let him. So much easier said than done, we've had an entire decade of experience dude on how SMC won't lend their players, the most the PBA ever did was require teams to make at least one player available for lending, in which the SMC teams would precisely only let one player go per tournament.

So much easier said than done. In the first FIBA Asia Cup window in 2020, Japeth and C-stand were included to the pool but didn't show up. Baltazar as well at the time. They are included in the pool, but just don't go, which is why this time around they don't bother to include them anymore. Even this time around, Cortez and Quiambao were called up thrice and each time they had a different excuse. You make it sound so easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information