No announcement yet.

Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The equivalent of Jacob and Jong relationship is either Tab/Vucenic and Henare /pero

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      You can't stop talking about Kai either. Funny that you have been talking too much about someone who is not even playing in this tournament. It strikes like you're following Gilas in this tournament just to imply what Gilas is missing playing without a Kai Sotto.

And you still can't move on from whining about what you felt was a limited playing time Kai got from coach Tab in the 3rd window.

Do you realize how annoying have you become bro? Sorry to call you out but I feel its really necessary. While most people's concern here is for the betterment of our national team, you strike me as all you care about is Kai Sotto.
      finally IBN calling out the Kai-only fans hahaha.

if anyone here frequent Jeremy Lin forums will be familiar with argument between Lin's several NBA teams and the "Lin-only fans" who only think of the their favorite player and not the team.

Comment

• I think it's partly my fault, I'm sorry. I just brought up Kai in the first place because I believe the weakness of this Gilas iteration is inside presence. It's why I brought up Greggy Boy before in this thread. Though I'm a Kai supporter, my opinions aren't as extreme as Peezones.

We basically need more big men that's world quality, sayang talaga si AJ.

Comment

• Ok back to topic

Rank your Gilas SG .
          E.g.
          1. Jordan
          2. DAVE
          3. SUERTE
          4 THIRDY

LET 'S Take out Dwight from discussion

Now Rank your SF
          1. Navarro
          2. Tamayo
          3. Thirdy

Any takers?
          Here is thing, not counting Dwight u only can chose 2 SG and 2 SF, hard decisions to make .. someone's got to be cut

Comment

• 2023 per position power rankings

PG
            1. Kiefer
            2. Dwight
            3 Dalph ?
            4 SJ
            5 RJ

SG
            1 Clarkson
            2. Heading
            3 Thirdy
            4 Dave
            5 Suerte

SF
            1. DWIGHT
            2 TAMAYO
            3 Navarro
            4 Tuffin
            5. Oftana

PF
            1. Baltazar
            2. AJ
            3 Go
            4 Troy

C
            1.kouame
            2. Kai
            3. Geo

Chose top 2 per position and 1 (123) and 1 (4/5) for final 12

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
              PG
              1. Kiefer
              2. Dwight
              3 Dalph ?
              4 SJ
              5 RJ

SG
              1 Clarkson
              2. Heading
              3 Thirdy
              4 Dave
              5 Suerte

SF
              1. DWIGHT
              2 TAMAYO
              3 Navarro
              4 Tuffin
              5. Oftana
              I think by 2023 dwight and dave will by then be PGs or full on combo guards while I think Balty and tamayo are two of our best wings. I see tuffin as a 2 more than a 3.

Comment

PG
                1. Kiefer
                2. Dwight
                3 Dalph ?
                4 SJ
                5 RJ

SG
                1 Clarkson
                2. Heading
                3 Thirdy
                4 Dave
                5 Suerte

SF
                1. DWIGHT
                2 TAMAYO
                3 Navarro
                4 Tuffin
                5. Oftana

PF
                1. Baltazar
                2. AJ
                3 Go
                4 Troy

C
                1.kouame
                2. Kai
                3. Geo
                I can also easily see Kouame at the 5 and Kai at the 4 starting together in 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                  I can also easily see Kouame at the 5 and Kai at the 4 starting together in 2023
                  We are thin on the center position. Hoping Geo develops well offensively. He's very raw for now but I see some potential on him as a 6'10 backup center for Gilas in case Kouame or Kai gets into foul trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
                    We are thin on the center position. Hoping Geo develops well offensively. He's very raw for now but I see some potential on him as a 6'10 backup center for Gilas in case Kouame or Kai gets into foul trouble.
                    Edu and Geo will be our backups to kai and Kouame. Geo has 2 years and I think by then he will improve enough to be a solid backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                      I think it's partly my fault, I'm sorry. I just brought up Kai in the first place because I believe the weakness of this Gilas iteration is inside presence. It's why I brought up Greggy Boy before in this thread. Though I'm a Kai supporter, my opinions aren't as extreme as Peezones.

I'm a Kai Sotto supporter as well just like most of Pinoy posters here. But I have to use objectivity, rationale & logic in assessing Kai's potential. Its easy to get carried away by our admiration to a certain player eh & when things like objectivity, rationale & logic are thrown in the window, that's when we get extreme & become blinded by our biases.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

PG
                        1. Kiefer
                        2. Dwight
                        3 Dalph?
                        4 SJ
                        5 RJ

SG
                        1 Clarkson
                        2. Heading
                        3 Thirdy
                        4 Dave
                        5 Suerte

SF
                        1. DWIGHT
                        2 TAMAYO
                        3 Navarro
                        4 Tuffin
                        5. Oftana

PF
                        1. Baltazar
                        2. AJ
                        3 Go
                        4 Troy

C
                        1.kouame
                        2. Kai
                        3. Geo

Chose top 2 per position and 1 (123) and 1 (4/5) for final 12
                        Yeah. Dalph Panopio should always be a consideration. I expect him to get polished playing college ball in the US. And of course he is a good size point guard.

BTW, you seem to have forgotten AJ Edu at the center spot.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• One thing we can surmise from the King's Cup is the this Gilas is still inconsistent as a team. One time, they'll do very well, other times, sabaw.

Buti nalang napostpone ang Asia Cup. We need to work on consistency

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                            I hope in WC qualifiers, We can invite some bigs in amateur ranks that is more than 6'10 in height.. Anyone knows here who are some heralded amateur bigs right now? Sayang si Kirkness eh!!! We badly need more back up bigs that has height of 6'10 above..
                            I agree as long as we have some more bigs with talent, I hope the SBP can add them in the pool. The more the merrier.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                              I think it's partly my fault, I'm sorry. I just brought up Kai in the first place because I believe the weakness of this Gilas iteration is inside presence. It's why I brought up Greggy Boy before in this thread. Though I'm a Kai supporter, my opinions aren't as extreme as Peezones.

Believe me, AJ Edu would still very serviceable for Gilas come 2023 & beyond despite his injuries.

Just look at Robert Bolick for instance. He also had an ACL injury yet is playing like he never had one. Kevin Alas & Allein Maliksi had multiple ACL injuries in their careers & yet they are still as quick & athletic as before they got the injuries. That's the benefit of advancement in sports medicine can do to players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                                One thing we can surmise from the King's Cup is the this Gilas is still inconsistent as a team. One time, they'll do very well, other times, sabaw.

Buti nalang napostpone ang Asia Cup. We need to work on consistency
                                I agree especially our offensive consistency. One game you are shooting 91% from the free throw line and the other game you are shooting 34%. In fairness the team overall especially on playing team defense has been consistent. We are arguably the best defensive team in the tournament but our offense is just too inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information