No announcement yet.

Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think same with jamskies lineup except that if sotto wouldnt play I assume geo get the nod or mike nieto..
    Last edited by reamily; 07-20-2021, 12:03 PM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Recovered na ba si Matt at Dwight?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        Recovered na ba si Matt at Dwight?
        Yup, fully recovered. The only players nursing injuries now are Tamayo and Navarro.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
          And this year, it's a good alternative to the Jones Cup. Maybe we can get our best collegiate and even HS players to participate in the Jones Cup and King Abdullah Cup to increase their exposure and have their development supervised. Who knows, opportunity to get offers from other nations.
          My opinion on the composition of the National team that will represent the philippines in international competition -
          SEAG - U17 to U19 Batang Gilas
          Jones Cup/ Abdullah Cup/ Dubai Invitational - U21 if we can continue the cadets (only during the non-FIBA qualifying years)
          Asian Games - PBA including all the so-called ineligibles
          FIBA ASIA-ASIA CUP/ CHAMPIONS CUP/ SEABA/ OQT/ WC/ OLYMPICS - Gilas Seniors Team
          Last edited by PaVi; 07-20-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            Philippines will play in this tournament and here are the schedule of games

King Abdullah Cup Schedule. (Manila time)

July 26 - Egypt vs Philippines - 9 PM

July 27- Philippines vs Saudi Arabia - 6 PM

July 28 - Philippines vs Jordan (A) - 9 PM

July 30 - Philippines vs Tunisia - 12 AM

July 31 - Jordan (B) vs Philippines - 12 AM

Gilas Pilipinas faces tough field

Gilas will first play Egypt on July 26 at 11 a.m. (Manila time), before taking on Saudi Arabia on July 27 at 8 a.m.

Up next will be Jordan-B on July 28 at 11 a.m., Tunisia on July 29 at 2 p.m., and Jordan-A on July 30 at 2 p.m.

May I ask what is the real schedule?

Comment

Kai is still in Nasugbu (Calayo Beach Resort ata) as of this morning and the national team's flight to Jordan is scheduled on the 23rd(?). EWP must decide now! Tomorrow sana if ever. They should give him a go on this one kahit hindi matuloy ang FIBA Asia Cup on August. He needs this one. Though based on Dave Ildefonso's chat convo with his friend mukhang malabo. "Di ata sama bro" as per Dave.

Comment

My 15. 16th man in case Kai opts out. I dropped Mike in favor of Bulanadi. I want to see the guy. And Thirdy is already there to be the system guy. He is an upgrade but unfortunately not as good a shooter and system player than Mike. But Tab said the roster will have the future in mind. I don't see that for Mike.

1. PF C Kouame
                2. PF C Kai
                3. C Chiu
                4. PF C Go
                5. SF PF Balti
                6. SF PF Tamayo
                7. SG SF Navarro
                8. SG SF Thirdy
                9. SG Heading
                10. PG SG SF Dwight
                11. PG SG Suerte
                12. PG Nieto
                13. PG Belangel
                14. PG Abarrientos
                15. SG Bulanadi
                16. Kemark

Comment

Originally posted by robert0326
                  Kunyare concern pero tuwang tuwa yan dahil wala nag basted sa kanya... hahahahahahahaha!!!
                  Bigyan ng straight jacket yan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rds View Post
                    My 15. 16th man in case Kai opts out. I dropped Mike in favor of Bulanadi. I want to see the guy. And Thirdy is already there to be the system guy. He is an upgrade but unfortunately not as good a shooter and system player than Mike. But Tab said the roster will have the future in mind. I don't see that for Mike.

1. PF C Kouame
                    2. PF C Kai
                    3. C Chiu
                    4. PF C Go
                    5. SF PF Balti
                    6. SF PF Tamayo
                    7. SG SF Navarro
                    8. SG SF Thirdy
                    9. SG Heading
                    10. PG SG SF Dwight
                    11. PG SG Suerte
                    12. PG Nieto
                    13. PG Belangel
                    14. PG Abarrientos
                    15. SG Bulanadi
                    16. Kemark
                    It doesn't look like Kai is joining but let's hope for the best.

This tournament is a good way to give the new faces some exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rds View Post

1. PF C Kouame
                      2. PF C Kai
                      3. C Chiu
                      4. PF C Go
                      5. SF PF Balti
                      6. SF PF Tamayo
                      7. SG SF Navarro
                      8. SG SF Thirdy
                      9. SG Heading
                      10. PG SG SF Dwight
                      11. PG SG Suerte
                      12. PG Nieto
                      13. PG Belangel
                      14. PG Abarrientos
                      15. SG Bulanadi
                      16. Kemark
                      I wanna see Bulanadi as well. He's been held out for far too long. He has potential to take over Mike's role as a 3 and D guy. He has a higher upside too.

Comment

Is Allyn really taller than Mike Nieto? The physique and intangibility of a 3 and d guy in asian level wow I am surprised myself that I prefer nieto(whose ceiling is a Ryan Reyes in Gilas Uniform) although Allyn has potential to be a Dondon Hontiveros who was serviceable in tab's and Toroman's team (a big what if again)

Comment

This King Abdullah Cup is big for Gilas in their preparation in the Asia Cup. Together with the 3rd window, China tune up and the OQT, Gilas has virtually simulated almost all their possible opponent in the Asia Cup.

Here is my take for Gilas in the upcoming King Abdullah Cup:

- I see Tunisia as a simulation game against Iran.

- Jordan and Egypt are good simulation games to the likes of Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and maybe Bahrain.

- Saudi Arabia is like the wish version of Dominican Republic.

I'm just hoping that we have a tune up game that simulates New Zealand and Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                            This King Abdullah Cup is big for Gilas in their preparation in the Asia Cup. Together with the 3rd window, China tune up and the OQT, Gilas has virtually simulated almost all their possible opponent in the Asia Cup.

Here is my take for Gilas in the upcoming King Abdullah Cup:

- I see Tunisia as a simulation game against Iran.

- Jordan and Egypt are good simulation games to the likes of Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and maybe Bahrain.

- Saudi Arabia is like the wish version of Dominican Republic.

I'm just hoping that we have a tune up game that simulates New Zealand and Australia.
                            Wellington saints uli at adelaide 36ers

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              Wellington saints uli at adelaide 36ers
                              Pwede provided it is not a touring team. I also forgot, we need also a game that simulates Guam's game. I believe that SBP needs to set a tune up game against some Melanesian or Polynesian teams (i.e. Fiji, Tahiti, Tonga, Samoa). Kung pwede lang naman.

Comment

Originally posted by FITL View Post
                                Yup, fully recovered. The only players nursing injuries now are Tamayo and Navarro.
                                And Tamayo & Navarro's injuries are said to be very minor that most likely they would be completely healed in time for the King Abdulah Cup.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information