• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We actually bricked from the charity stripe. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
      We actually bricked from the charity stripe. SMH
      So it was an analytically winnable game.. oks na yan..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Bad game for our boys, bounce back na lang next game!

Anyway why until now gilas keep using practice jersey sa mga ganitong pocket tournaments? pinagbabawal ba ng nike gamitin official jersey nila? Lol but seriously im curious what are the reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
          Bad game for our boys, bounce back na lang next game!

Anyway why until now gilas keep using practice jersey sa mga ganitong pocket tournaments? pinagbabawal ba ng nike gamitin official jersey nila? Lol but seriously im curious what are the reasons.
          Because they are treating this tourney nothing but just a practice game as we saw on their effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
            Bad game for our boys, bounce back na lang next game!

there's a beer brand at the back of the FIBA jersey hahaha, plus maybe not sponsored by the outfitter. more likely the names of the players and jersey numbers were not tailored on time.

Comment

• Kai was a big loss. Him and Kouame tag teaming and pairing up was good on defense and offense. The new guys present new chemistry issues. I liked some of what I saw from Dave. His defense was good. His offense was decent. Had a good pass. Shot when he was open. But he still has that bad tendency to stop his dribble while in the paint. I think he needs to do a floater or pass it before he reaches the area under the rim. That dribble into the paint then pump fake pet move of his will not work internationally.

Comment

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
                They're struggling bringing the ball down, the off ball movements seems lethargic, I'm not seeing anyone setting proper screens, consistently boxing out etc, Egypt is having an easy time pressuring the ball handler espescially the tiny shooting guards like Heading and Belangel. It's definitely a cohesion issue, the players seems to be at a lost on how to relieve the defensive pressure from their teammates even if they are aware of the textbook plays drawn up for them, a textbook symptom of unfamiliarity with each other. It'll take a few games to get their mojo down, these boys are asleep, probably got too comfortable in the hotel rooms.
                When players fail to convert open and easy shots whether it is an open 3 or a layup it will mess up with their rhythm. I just don't think it was a cohesive issue, sure it is one of the factors but it was not a major reason why they lost. Failing to hit open shots from well executed sets by the team will lead to hesitation and overthinking. Believe me, it would have been a different game if they converted the open shots at least. Shooting 34 percent in the charity stripe and 14 percent is on the shooting not the cohesion. Anyways it was an ugly game for gilas and I do think that there is no way they are replicating this shooting performance. We did outrebound them by 7. Looking forward for tomorrow's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                  Kai was a big loss. Him and Kouame tag teaming and pairing up was good on defense and offense. The new guys present new chemistry issues. I liked some of what I saw from Dave. His defense was good. His offense was decent. Had a good pass. Shot when he was open. But he still has that bad tendency to stop his dribble while in the paint. I think he needs to do a floater or pass it before he reaches the area under the rim. That dribble into the paint then pump fake pet move of his will not work internationally.
                  Noticed this as well but at least this issue is correctable, he just needs to get rid of this habit.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    So it was an analytically winnable game.. oks na yan..
                    Yep aside from the shooting we did pretty well on the other facets of the game. We had more rebounds, we scored more on the paint, we had more second chance points and etc.

Comment

• for me, Matt Nieto starting the game messed up the team hierarchy. Matt is not in any shape to compete, clearly no strength against the toughness of Egypt guards. SJ is gung ho and was given chances. RJ was not able to settle. so Tab already went to Plan D with Dwight as main PG and Thirdy as secondary ballhandler, SJ as reliever. the 5 that trimmed it down to 6 at the 4th was Thirdy, Dwight, Dave I, Go, Ange. this has to be a tryout between Matt vs SJ vs RJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                        We actually bricked from the charity stripe. SMH
                        maybe we could grant citizenship to the japanese robot who shoots 3pts and fts during halftime? im.sure its under 16 lols, kidding aside they really need to work on their fts

Comment

• Got to learn to win without kai. Ramos is ordinary against higher level, physical opponents. Thirdy needs a good PG. Kouame is at best a backup big and will play better with kai. Wala bang press break plays si tab? Its not about height, campazzo is below 6ft but no press can contain him.

Comment

• Originally posted by noyce View Post
                            for me, Matt Nieto starting the game messed up the team hierarchy. Matt is not in any shape to compete, clearly no strength against the toughness of Egypt guards. SJ is gung ho and was given chances. RJ was not able to settle. so Tab already went to Plan D with Dwight as main PG and Thirdy as secondary ballhandler, SJ as reliever. the 5 that trimmed it down to 6 at the 4th was Thirdy, Dwight, Dave I, Go, Ange. this has to be a tryout between Matt vs SJ vs RJ.
                            I agree, I believe that it would have been a different game if someone else was point guard on the opening moments. We started the game with fucking 3 turnovers with matt. Hoping to see him bounce back the next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                              maybe we could grant citizenship to the japanese robot who shoots 3pts and fts during halftime? im.sure its under 16 lols, kidding aside they really need to work on their fts
                              LOL the Lakers are entertaining a trade between Kuzma and the Robot as we speak. Bullshit aside, It cant get any worse than this. If they somehow replicate this shooting in the next 4 group games I would really be surprised. It is rare to see any national team in the world shoot so poorly from free throws let alone from this Gilas team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                                When players fail to convert open and easy shots whether it is an open 3 or a layup it will mess up with their rhythm. I just don't think it was a cohesive issue, sure it is one of the factors but it was not a major reason why they lost. Failing to hit open shots from well executed sets by the team will lead to hesitation and overthinking. Believe me, it would have been a different game if they converted the open shots at least. Shooting 34 percent in the charity stripe and 14 percent is on the shooting not the cohesion. Anyways it was an ugly game for gilas and I do think that there is no way they are replicating this shooting performance. We did outrebound them by 7. Looking forward for tomorrow's game.
                                I think it affects a significant portion of how a team dictates the pace of the game, it is quite typical of an asian team imo, at least if you're not making your open shots, you should also limit the opponent's ability to make theirs by commiting less turnovers than them and defending properly, it is the overall mindset in the game that allowed the deficit to grow so large. There is also a complete lack of leadership and energy, in the first Korea game it was Sotto who broke the cold spell, in Indonesia, Lopez and Baltazar in the 2nd Korea game it was Ramos, always allowing the team to either comeback or maintain the lead, in this game absolutely noone was willing to step up when the game was still winable. There is still a lot of organic elements in basketball which previous iterations of gilas had in abundance that this team is currently missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information