Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    A strong PBA team can beat this Egypt team.

Man the stats are as ugly as they get. 3-22 from downtown, 9-27 from the line, 13 assists, 14 turnovers.

Egypt doubles a LOT but we can't find the open man. Or the open man can't knock down the open shot.
    Yep man, we should be easily be leading by 10-15 points. Hopefully this would be our only bad shooting game in Fts, 3 pts throughout the games.

Gilas is lucky that socmed is busy right now with Hidelyn Diaz and PRRD's SONA, or else Gilas will be a easy target, it also helps that there is no local broadcast of the game or else average pinoy fans would be calling for thebhead of Tab Baldwin
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by noyce View Post
    Egypt plays an unelegant, ugly, almost unlearned style that messes up Gilas' rhythm.

we're finally getting a rhythm by playing an almost same ugly style like them.
    ok si thirdy sa ganitong situation that almost effort points ang labanan
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Issac Go is hitting his threes finally after a series of bad shooting from him throughout the games

Get that ball.. one big fight.. ay gilas pala to..

Egypt hefty #5 is like an athletic Heruela on steroids.

Breakout game for Isaac Go. The lone bright spot.

Got to give it to Egypt. Their defense is quick to close out then on offense their bigs are always in a good position to score or put back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    They had some really nice open sets, they still are pretty cohesive in fairness but shooting poorly from free throws is a issue on the players not on cohesion or the coaching staff.
    They're struggling bringing the ball down, the off ball movements seems lethargic, I'm not seeing anyone setting proper screens, consistently boxing out etc, Egypt is having an easy time pressuring the ball handler espescially the tiny shooting guards like Heading and Belangel. It's definitely a cohesion issue, the players seems to be at a lost on how to relieve the defensive pressure from their teammates even if they are aware of the textbook plays drawn up for them, a textbook symptom of unfamiliarity with each other. It'll take a few games to get their mojo down, these boys are asleep, probably got too comfortable in the hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Yep man, we should be easily be leading by 10-15 points. Hopefully this would be our only bad shooting game in Fts, 3 pts throughout the games.
    I hope this is our only bad shooting night. The others, need to get open shots and make them.

#6 is the best player of this team minus abdel nader and their Galatasaray guy kinain si Balty sa poste

Egypt 21 assists 10 turnovers
    Gilas 15 assists 15 turnovers

We outrebounded them 49-41

Gilas shot 52% from 2 but shot an abysmal 14% from 3.

I wonder why Tamayo, Navarro and Matt weren't given much minutes today. Tamayo would have been a good matchup against Egypt's mobile bigs.

Thirdy is all effort and athleticism. Not much skill or BBIQ.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Thirdy is all effort and athleticism. Not much skill or BBIQ.
    I thought b league is better?.. better pay lang ba?.. And his gung ho style wouldnt cut in 60 game in 5 months season

We actually bricked from the charity stripe. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    We actually bricked from the charity stripe. SMH
    So it was an analytically winnable game.. oks na yan..

Bad game for our boys, bounce back na lang next game!

Anyway why until now gilas keep using practice jersey sa mga ganitong pocket tournaments? pinagbabawal ba ng nike gamitin official jersey nila? Lol but seriously im curious what are the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post

Anyway why until now gilas keep using practice jersey sa mga ganitong pocket tournaments? pinagbabawal ba ng nike gamitin official jersey nila? Lol but seriously im curious what are the reasons.
    Because they are treating this tourney nothing but just a practice game as we saw on their effort.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post

there's a beer brand at the back of the FIBA jersey hahaha, plus maybe not sponsored by the outfitter. more likely the names of the players and jersey numbers were not tailored on time.

Kai was a big loss. Him and Kouame tag teaming and pairing up was good on defense and offense. The new guys present new chemistry issues. I liked some of what I saw from Dave. His defense was good. His offense was decent. Had a good pass. Shot when he was open. But he still has that bad tendency to stop his dribble while in the paint. I think he needs to do a floater or pass it before he reaches the area under the rim. That dribble into the paint then pump fake pet move of his will not work internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    They're struggling bringing the ball down, the off ball movements seems lethargic, I'm not seeing anyone setting proper screens, consistently boxing out etc, Egypt is having an easy time pressuring the ball handler espescially the tiny shooting guards like Heading and Belangel. It's definitely a cohesion issue, the players seems to be at a lost on how to relieve the defensive pressure from their teammates even if they are aware of the textbook plays drawn up for them, a textbook symptom of unfamiliarity with each other. It'll take a few games to get their mojo down, these boys are asleep, probably got too comfortable in the hotel rooms.
    When players fail to convert open and easy shots whether it is an open 3 or a layup it will mess up with their rhythm. I just don't think it was a cohesive issue, sure it is one of the factors but it was not a major reason why they lost. Failing to hit open shots from well executed sets by the team will lead to hesitation and overthinking. Believe me, it would have been a different game if they converted the open shots at least. Shooting 34 percent in the charity stripe and 14 percent is on the shooting not the cohesion. Anyways it was an ugly game for gilas and I do think that there is no way they are replicating this shooting performance. We did outrebound them by 7. Looking forward for tomorrow's game.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Kai was a big loss. Him and Kouame tag teaming and pairing up was good on defense and offense. The new guys present new chemistry issues. I liked some of what I saw from Dave. His defense was good. His offense was decent. Had a good pass. Shot when he was open. But he still has that bad tendency to stop his dribble while in the paint. I think he needs to do a floater or pass it before he reaches the area under the rim. That dribble into the paint then pump fake pet move of his will not work internationally.
    Noticed this as well but at least this issue is correctable, he just needs to get rid of this habit.

Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast