Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

BTW, isn't that Gilas is supposed to fly to Jordan this morning? Natuloy ba sila?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

BTW, isn't that Gilas is supposed to fly to Jordan this morning? Natuloy ba sila?
    I believe that they will fly in midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    I believe that they will fly in midnight

Completing the roster are Isaac Go, Mike Nieto, Jordan Heading, William Navarro, SJ Belangel, RJ Abarrientos, Carl Tamayo, and Geo Chiu, as the team flies for Amman on Friday morning.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...=home_hybrid_2
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Completing the roster are Isaac Go, Mike Nieto, Jordan Heading, William Navarro, SJ Belangel, RJ Abarrientos, Carl Tamayo, and Geo Chiu, as the team flies for Amman on Friday morning.

They're in Qatar right now.

Jordan Heading heading to Jordan (nabasa ko lang sa FB)
    Ducks fly together!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I hope gilas and Jordan will still serious in this pocket tourney.. sayang effort especially Jordan.. nag organized sila nito eh.. anyway KSA will be use this one a good tune up games because tuloy parin 2nd round games nila next month.. sino na ngaun mag hohost ng 2nd round matches between 5 teams who are not yet qualify? My guess is only KSA is only country to afford the hosting gig of 2nd round games..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I hope gilas and Jordan will still serious in this pocket tourney.. sayang effort especially Jordan.. nag organized sila nito eh.. anyway KSA will be use this one a good tune up games because tuloy parin 2nd round games nila next month.. sino na ngaun mag hohost ng 2nd round matches between 5 teams who are not yet qualify? My guess is only KSA is only country to afford the hosting gig of 2nd round games..
    For logistics sake, Riyadh should host Palestine and India due to proximity while Yigo should host the two-game series between Guam and Chinese-Taipei.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    You bet they will. Middle East teams are fierce competitors. Eh kahit tune-up games nga lang they tend to be fierce & physical/rough. Remember the tune-up game between Jordan & Gilas in Manila in 2018 which was called off becoz of rampant physicality & rough plays?

You bet they will. Middle East teams are fierce competitors. Eh kahit tune-up games nga lang they tend to be fierce & physical/rough. Remember the tune-up game between Jordan & Gilas in Manila in 2018 which was called off becoz of rampant physicality & rough plays?
    Sabagay.. they still want to prove that they are better than us.. KSA will be more benefit in this tournament because tuloy parin 2nd round games nila next month.. I want to see how Saudis will fare against gilas.. I will not expect a blow win for us.. they are tough, based that they did Vs Iran...they have a big advantage to win their 2nd round games Vs Palestine and India...

Looks like our boys have arrived.

Isaac Go's latest Instagram story:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/is...9500491545047/

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    RJ has shown some brilliance, not a big fan of SJ, not only is he undersized, he seems to turn our bigs into glorified janitors who cleans up after his horrid shot selections and mala Jollibee pabida style, espescially the bigs, he's had his moments with the clutch shot vs Korea and the vital fouls he drew from them in the final minutes of game 2 but the dude is full of gimmicks and will be exposed badly by a team that has scouted him well. If I want an iso player from this current pool I'd pick Dave Ildefonso.
    I agree. RJ seems to be the kid that could be "reformed" given that he's not Ateneo. SJ's hero ball is nearly inexcusable given that he is in Ateneo

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    For logistics sake, Riyadh should host Palestine and India due to proximity while Yigo should host the two-game series between Guam and Chinese-Taipei.
    Mas ok sana if Guam vs Taipei will be home and away format.. But medyo strict protocols both countries.. Might that isasama nalang sila sa West 2nd round games.. I see Jeddah/Riyadh will host 2nd round games.. They are only country in these 5 teams have less strict compare to others.. And they hosting numerous 3x3 tourneys.. So sila ang ang sure na maghohost.. Unless Taipei will lessen their border restriction (Unlikely to happen).. India, Palestine can't host that games will i'm not sure if Guam can host it also because aside that they are small state eh strict din border restrictions nila...

Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    I agree. RJ seems to be the kid that could be "reformed" given that he's not Ateneo. SJ's hero ball is nearly inexcusable given that he is in Ateneo
    Makes me think, what if Belangel isn't playing college ball in Ateneo under coach Tab? Eh kung ganito sya maglaro despite playing under a structured system & a disciplinarian coach like Tab Baldwin, eh paano pa kaya kung sa ibang college or university sya naglalaro under a different coach?

Agree with you, RJ Abarrientos can be "reformed" into a more unselfish player & a better playmaker than he is right now. We have to take note that during his high school basketball with the FEU Baby Tamaraws, RJ was the focal point of the team's offense. He was the team's best offensive player or the best scorer. So he really developed a scorer's mentality. Yung instinct nya is to score or to shoot. But with Gilas, he plays as a point guard & doesn't have as much freedom to score or shoot as he had during high school basketball. Mahirap alisin katawan yung ganoong instinct eh. It will take time.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 07-23-2021 at 11:55 PM.

Personally, I'd give Belangel/Abbarientos more time. Remember when we used to say guys like Thirdy and Navarro don't deserve to wear a Gilas jersey? Heck, people at one point also said the same thing about Kiefer (for the same reason people want Belangel out); now people want him to be one of the main PG's in Gilas, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Personally, I'd give Belangel/Abbarientos more time. Remember when we used to say guys like Thirdy and Navarro don't deserve to wear a Gilas jersey? Heck, people at one point also said the same thing about Kiefer (for the same reason people want Belangel out); now people want him to be one of the main PG's in Gilas, if possible.
    Difference is Thirdy is a very athletic 6'2 guy built like a rock and Navarro is a long, mobile 6'6 defender. Abarrientos and Belangel meanwhile are pretty much Julian Newmans, you can't really escape biology.

Reminder, if you want some fb live stream tomorrow for the gilas stint in king Abdullah cup.. visit OSBASKET fb page.. I'm sure they will bring live stream.. they live some middle east games last June qualifiers.. and I'm sure they will live it again.. or check also Jordan basketball federation page for live streaming and updates..

Lol I for one doesn't want kieffer to be our pg..Haha..

As for Jordan prospective naturalized players outside dark tucker were Justin Dentmon and Camerkn Forte( Galing dinnyan kay OSBasket which I believe is a ibner)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Whoever has any information about streaming links, etc for the King's cup please send it here. All games if possible not only Gilas games. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    and since we are talking long term, sj and rj can be more useful after 2023. they could form d second cycle of pba draftees to gilas program in case such scheme is extended in preparation for d 2027 WC.

Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast