Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1559

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    in this game, he played sf or sg majority of d time and he still failed to deliver.

naubos ata sa saudi.

or napressure sa mga filipino fans na nanood at nagpaautograph. dpa sanay, d pa nglaro sa ateneo vs lasal e
    nasira composure.haha naconfuse ata sa role. Pg is one of the most difficult Pos. He really tried last few games and nastuck sa confusion sa halos lahat ng games pati dito.haha Pero he is good. SG lang para di masira laro.

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    PBA: You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.
    A cadet team losing without Kouame and Heading does not necessarily entail bringing back the pba hugot sytem, fuck that. While there are some skills that can only be developed by a professional career, I wish we will retain this core until the newer generation is ready to take over. The chemistry and self discovery that this team has made in this tournament is very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    A cadet team losing without Kouame and Heading does not necessarily entail bringing back the pba hugot sytem, fuck that. While there are some skills that can only be developed by a professional career, I wish we will retain this core until the newer generation is ready to take over. The chemistry and self discovery that this team has made in this tournament is very valuable.
    This team is actually okay.

We only need two PGs, hugot tlaga ito sa PBA.haha

then pwede 1 good two way sg na shooter di pwede hindi shooter/Wright.. I like Dave I over 3rdy but inconsistent pero pwede makahabol sa 2023.

1 big sana si aj edu/or pwede si japeth

the rest okay na weed out yung di talaga pwede

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    nasira composure.haha naconfuse ata sa role. Pg is one of the most difficult Pos. He really tried last few games and nastuck sa confusion sa halos lahat ng games pati dito.haha Pero he is good. SG lang para di masira laro.
    I think even as a PG he still needs to look for his shots as well. He needs to be a threat even as he facilitates. CP3 is the best example of this.

Parang Gilas 1 din lang. The difference is we still have kai and the other US based as reinforcements. In the end, the PBA players will still need to reinforce this team. Gabe > Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    This team is supposed to lose. I think the performance of the team has skewed the perception but it's still a cadet team. The fact that they can keep in step with these national teams despite collectively not having as much experience means that the team has potential to be good
    agreed. so I don't get the panic and knee-jerk recommendations of some. I only watched the highlights vs. Jordan A but I don't think we played that bad. We put in the effort, and it can only make this young team (esp. the core) stronger. we know (almost certain) that many of these players will not make the cut for 2023, so this isn't really our line-up.

Kobe fanboys, I think he will be just as erratic as before in games like these that needs smarts.

Some observations: 1. ang ninipis pa natin compared to the beefy Jordanians. understandable bec. these are young guys who haven't been mentored by Belga yet.
    2. Kelly Nabong & Wynne Arboleda's (Forte) lovechild did a lot of damage inside. mostly the jordanian hulks bullied us underneath.
    3. which makes me agree with some shortcomings of Tab's system. we're too nice. konting salbahe (better a lot) would marry the Pinoy flavor into the Euro system
    (think NSD Ginebra under Jaworski & Pistons bad boys)
    4. overall, as these boys face adversity together, they'd jell as a group together, part of their maturing process. it's a long program, these boys will not only grow in
    their basketball know-how but will fill-up & grow as men. Coach Tim said that a fight (literal) vs. a college team in the US, cemented the bond of the Centennial
    team and made them better. best to throw these guys at the deep-end & watch them claw their way up and survive.
    5. overall, I don't think there's a need to push the panic button. we're on the right track and have enough time to improve areas that we lack. they didn't all of a
    sudden, become a lousy team. they just lost a few games vs. some tough senior national teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    I think even as a PG he still needs to look for his shots as well. He needs to be a threat even as he facilitates. CP3 is the best example of this.
    He didnt settle in that PG pos. He was over thinking and look unnatural out there. He was confuse with the role. Give him months to adjust because it is not easy. He really tried to facilitate and it is difficult to be the main ballhandler and opponents were hounding you all game.

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    PBA: You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.
    it's inevitable
    SBP: Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn

I understood that reference
    Ducks fly together!

I think the MENA participants have read one of Dwights favorite early attack move. He drives strong and uses his strength to shhot over the defender. However, somehow theres always a secondary defender who swats his shot. Jordan B and Tunisia did this to him. Im not sure if this got into his head.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    Good tournament for the team definitely good learning experience for the boys.

Dwight, thirdy and navarro played really bad this tournament and for me thats very disappointing sila yung dapat steady e.

Tamayo, baltazar and dave showed their potential.

We need Kai, AJ and Steady PG to be Successful.
    So si Dalph na lang ang kulang para kumpleto na ang tropa.

TRANS: with dalph, the core of U19 is back!

This team is supposed to lose. I think the performance of the team has skewed the perception but it's still a cadet team. The fact that they can keep in step with these national teams despite collectively not having as much experience means that the team has potential to be good
    Exactly. The main purpose of joining this tournament was as a learning experience. Why are you expecting college kids to perform as well as men in their late 20s and early 30s? Funny how the same people shitting on this team were singing its praises a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    So si Dalph na lang ang kulang para kumpleto na ang tropa.

TRANS: with dalph, the core of U19 is back!
    abadiano is waving

Well there was one genius on the olympic thread saying Gilas with Clarkson can beat Team USA and another guy agreed with him. Hopefully those guys go back to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Well there was one genius on the olympic thread saying Gilas with Clarkson can beat Team USA and another guy agreed with him. Hopefully those guys go back to earth.
    it's probably just a sarcastic take on how bad USA is rather than how good gilas is.

What if by some sick joke our favorite Padrigao was the tall, two-way point guard we are looking for all along?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

it's probably just a sarcastic take on how bad USA is rather than how good gilas is.
    I hope for their sake hahaha. Dude did say he wasnt joking though.

A well focused kobe might not be as erratic as thirdynand. If he's really improved his outside shot, he'll make a better piece.
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

other than kouame none of the other bigs are reliable rim protectors
    From the little we've seen of AJ Edu, he's probably going to be our best local rim protector come 2023. Kai will be asked to do more things on offense so he won't be able to rim protect that much. Japeth will be too old at that point, and unless the Gregster can develop good bball IQ then he's still off the list even though he practically has the physical tools to be a good defensive international big.

Hopefully, the SBP will arrange similar tournaments to be held in the PH. With the Asia Cup postponed, we should seize the opportunity to give the cadets a lot of experience in playing Middle Eastern teams. If possible, Latin American teams too like.Chile, Colombia, PR, DR, Venezuela, Argentina, and Uruguay

This team still need a PBA bigman as a reassurance. We may never know if Kouame can stay healthy throughout his stint in Gilas, AJ is injured and Kai will be focusing on his stint in NBL. Junmar or Japeth would be good enough.
    bola muna bago droga

Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast