Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    Balti actually got 16 points 5/5 shooting with only 15:53 minutes of playing time, wow. Also made 4 assists, while Belangel only made 2 despite half the posession being with him when hes on the floor.
    SJ has been up and down throughout the ACQ to this game against Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by sroth3839 View Post
    There’s a chance Jordan Clarkson may be our NP instead. I hope not as that would be an insult to Kouame’s contribution to the program.
    I really think that either JC or Kouame has a high chance to be a local player. Either one of them will be a local in 2023 in my opinion. I also hope JC can join us in the Asian games next year to give us a preview on him being with the team. Really excited for Edu, Dalph and Lopez also.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    SJ has been up and down throughout the ACQ to this game against Saudi.
    I struggle to see where the "up" is.

in Asia cup he played an avg of 21.4 minutes a game, 7.3 ppg on 34.8% shooting, 1 turnover pergame and 66.7% in the charity stripe and a mere 2 assists per game

completely collapsed in the OQT despite playing 25 minutes per game only clocked 4 ppg on 18.8% shooting and didn't manage to get a single 3 pointer in, 2 turnovers a game and 50% ft shooting. You might say at least he averaged 8 assists in the OQT but the only reason he got that much is that he literally cannot shoot and need to pass up the ball everytime it gets to him.

The reason why he's there in Jordan instead of Rangel or Kyle Ong or literally any other project big is a reason only known to Tab, that boy is definitely someone's favorite.

Lol Typical Saudis.

A bunch of sore losers.

In reality, they are nothing without their oil.
    they are too proud to lose lol.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I cant overstate how hyped I am for Balti, inside, midrange, 3, perimeter d, ballhandling all there
    i really hope he accepts the japan offer. he can help his family outright.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I struggle to see where the "up" is.

in Asia cup he played an avg of 21.4 minutes a game, 7.3 ppg on 34.8% shooting, 1 turnover pergame and 66.7% in the charity stripe and a mere 2 assists per game

completely collapsed in the OQT despite playing 25 minutes per game only clocked 4 ppg on 18.8% shooting and didn't manage to get a single 3 pointer in, 2 turnovers a game and 50% ft shooting. You might say at least he averaged 8 assists in the OQT but the only reason he got that much is that he literally cannot shoot and need to pass up the ball everytime it gets to him.

The reason why he's there in Jordan instead of Rangel or Kyle Ong or literally any other project big is a reason only known to Tab, that boy is definitely someone's favorite.
    What choice do you really have aside SJ if you were Tab? Dalph had commitments, You already know about the PBA players and plus the injuries of Bulanadi and Matt. Believe me if there were any player that could replace him at that time then they would. SJ was pretty solid in the ACQ, dude was great at finding fouls, hockey assists and etc. Like I said he had an up and down throughout their games. He has some good things and bad things. Just give credit to where credit is due. He did pretty well considering that the main options were not available. He is literally a 4th/5th or even a 6th option in terms of the talent we have for PG and he was decent when others were not available.

Please stop with the favoritism, the fact that Tab is grooming Dwight to be a point guard and inviting Dalph, Nonoy and etc to future bubbles means that he will choose the best player possible. If Matt was not injured, I doubt that SJ would even be playing right now. Believe me in 2023 or even in the Asia Cup if better players are available then SJ would not be picked.

Is it really ok for jordan team to play this game without an naturalized player no wonder Tunisia didnt want to play agame with them
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

What choice do you really have aside SJ if you were Tab? Dalph had commitments, You already know about the PBA players and plus the injuries of Bulanadi and Matt. Believe me if there were any player that could replace him at that time then they would. SJ was pretty solid in the ACQ, dude was great at finding fouls, hockey assists and etc. Like I said he had an up and down throughout their games. He has some good things and bad things. Just give credit to where credit is due. He did pretty well considering that the main options were not available. He is literally a 4th/5th or even a 6th option in terms of the talent we have for PG and he was decent when others were not available.

Please stop with the favoritism, the fact that Tab is grooming Dwight to be a point guard and inviting Dalph, Nonoy and etc to future bubbles means that he will choose the best player possible. If Matt was not injured, I doubt that SJ would even be playing right now. Believe me in 2023 or even in the Asia Cup if better players are available then SJ would not be picked.
    Juan GDL was fkin right there waiting for a callup, he's played for Tab before and was anticipating the next window, what do you mean? SJ is as much a shooting guard as Juan is and his size and superior shooting arguably wouldn't have made the first Korea game come down to the clutch. The only fairly "new thing" that SJ contributed in the ACQ was his professional flopping abilities but he ain't flopping this team to a medal, every other game he's had so far has been absolutely horrid.

Juan GDL was fkin right there waiting for a callup, he's played for Tab before and was anticipating the next window, what do you mean? SJ is as much a shooting guard as Juan is and his size and superior shooting arguably wouldn't have made the first Korea game come down to the clutch. The only fairly "new thing" that SJ contributed in the ACQ was his professional flopping abilities but he ain't flopping this team to a medal, every other game he's had so far has been absolutely horrid.
    Juan GDL has some issues with the team, I am not sure if you know this information. You can look it up in IBN, there was a comment made around here with links and videos. I would choose Juan over SJ and RJ easily but he has some issues with the team. Even if Juan is obviously the better player, he brings more bad than good if the team dislikes him. Like I said man if there are better options than SJ then he would be out. Without SJ we would not win the 2 korean games. I also know that we badly needed someone in point guard especially the OQT but there were no other options.

Juan GDL has some issues with the team, I am not sure if you know this information. You can look it up in IBN, there was a comment made around here with links and videos. I would choose Juan over SJ and RJ easily but he has some issues with the team. Even if Juan is obviously the better player, he brings more bad than good if the team dislikes him. Like I said man if there are better options than SJ then he would be out. Without SJ we would not win the 2 korean games. I also know that we badly needed someone in point guard especially the OQT but there were no other options.
    I concede the unavailabilities in the ACQ and OQT but why is he still here when Matt Nieto and RJ are available? That's been my point all along, Heading and Mike Nieto are also available as 2 scoring, smaller guards that offers different things to the table so they got that covered, Ildefonso and Thirdy also are being trained as guards. Please explain to me why SJ is chosen over a project big that would've significantly benefited from the exposure in this tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Is it really ok for jordan team to play this game without an naturalized player no wonder Tunisia didnt want to play agame with them
    Isn’t Forte their naturalized player for this tournament?

Or are you referring to Jordan-B?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    they are too proud to lose lol.
    Because their heads are too far up their asses.

Their “kingdom” is basically built by slaves. They are nothing without oil and expats.

Fuck America for supporting these clowns.

Anyways, it’s great to have our form back.

With the Jo-B game not part of the tally, I think Tab will rest some players. Expect to see Suerte, Dave, and Chiu more in tomorrow’s game.

I concede the unavailabilities in the ACQ and OQT but why is he still here when Matt Nieto and RJ are available? That's been my point all along, Heading and Mike Nieto are also available as 2 scoring, smaller guards that offers different things to the table so they got that covered, Ildefonso and Thirdy also are being trained as guards. Please explain to me why SJ is chosen over a project big that would've significantly benefited from the exposure in this tourney.
    I have no idea, I am not Tab or part of the coaching staff and etc. I only know the same information as you do, I didn't even think that Bulanadi and Rangel would be cut in favor of Mike and SJ/RJ but it is what it is. We don't know the full details. Matt was terrible against Egypt, RJ made some terrible passes, SJ dribbles too much. We just don't have the luxury man. Believe me, I don't see the 3 of them in any best lineup. They are still serviceable in windows and etc but for the best lineup, there is no way in hell that they are playing unless there are injuries again or availability.

This was the video where JGDL was mentioned but muted. Just check out the time stamps in the comments.

Because their heads are too far up their asses.

Their “kingdom” is basically built by slaves. They are nothing without oil and expats.

Fuck America for supporting these clowns.

Anyways, it’s great to have our form back.

With the Jo-B game not part of the tally, I think Tab will rest some players. Expect to see Suerte, Dave, and Chiu more in tomorrow’s game.
    Because the US needs Saudi Arabia to contain Iran. The kingdom is also a huge customer of the US multi-billion weapons industry.

in relation to the next game, i think Thirdy should just chill and do what he does best - hustle and pester the opponents with his lateral quickness. One of the biggest mistakes he made today was trying to impress the coaching staff and the fans by trying too hard at the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    Because the US needs Saudi Arabia to contain Iran. The kingdom is also a huge customer of the US multi-billion weapons industry.

in relation to the next game, i think Thirdy should just chill and do what he does best - hustle and pester the opponents with his lateral quickness. One of the biggest mistakes he made today was trying to impress the coaching staff and the fans by trying too hard at the offensive end.
    Yeah, I know. The Democrats try so hard to be in opposition yet they support them covertly.

Next game is no-bearing so a perfect time to experiment.

Looks like Chiu got some fire in him, nice rebounds and hustle, Heading is completely gone and he doesnt contribute much on defense, was quite high on him after the oqt rip.
    Yeah, the kid got some fire in him. Hoping that he will be a fixture in the Gilas pool and be developed exponentially. If he can hone his outside shooting and have a polished footwork plus some bully ball, I'd say he can be a decent backup for Kai or Angge. On Heading, same sentiments bro. Can't see any play making and exceptional slashing abilities from him yet. His defense is nada and his hot three point shooting fizzled out after the OQT. He must play point guard if he wants to compete for the 2023 World Cup lineup. Jordan is too small and lacking in strength for the off-guard position in the world level.

Imagine Baltazar and by extension Tamayo after more time training their ball handling (which I know they are working on), Balti's the perfect wingman especially for his 6'8 size.

Quote Originally Posted by one21guns View Post
    Yeah, the kid got some fire in him. Hoping that he will be a fixture in the Gilas pool and be developed exponentially. If he can hone his outside shooting and have a polished footwork plus some bully ball, I'd say he can be a decent backup for Kai or Angge. On Heading, same sentiments bro. Can't see any play making and exceptional slashing abilities from him yet. His defense is nada and his hot three point shooting fizzled out after the OQT. He must play point guard if he wants to compete for the 2023 World Cup lineup. Jordan is too small and lacking in strength for the off-guard position in the world level.
    To be honest, I would be pleasantly surprised if Chiu develops "non-traditional" big skills, such as outside shooting. Right now, I see him as a more traditional 4/5 in terms of potential.

Masyado kang mainit kay Belangel. Sabihin mo na Juan GDL fan ka. We can understand. You dont have to justify your choice by dissing the other guy. Maraming nacocontribute yan pero inconsistent dahil di pa mature ng PG. Si Juan ano basis mo yung laban vs mediocre competition in the first window? Sus. Magpakatotoo ka na lang.

I don't get why people here are too critical of the players playing for the country in this tournament right now. After this tournament practically it will be offseason mode for the team unless they play sa PBA. Probably the coaching staff is taking a longer look at some of the players on whether they fit the team long term or not. Can't look for players who aren't there for one reason or another, may reasons naman that will probably leak out later or stated by the coaching staff at a later time. If you watch Tab's offense over and over, the PG is not the primary assist man, but the primary play setter. Playmaking does not always equate to assists. Some of the chosen players in the team seem questionable, eh prerogative ng coaching staff yun. They get who they can given whatever circumstance. Yun ang meron, they deal with it, they make it work somehow. Pag hindi eh di hahanap ng iba sa susunod.

It was Dave's best game so far. 8 pts 4 ast 2 rbs 1 3 pt. The kid is improving. He seems to have the potential to be a slightly smaller Ramos. PG SG and some small ball SF. His defense seems not bad. More games like this he might pass Thirdy in the depth chart.

As for Balti I liked his improved aggression. I like him to continue dribbling more. He might have some turnovers but that is the only way for him to counter taller defenders.

Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast