Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1559

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i have been critical of ramos' play as a pg since day 1. not there yet.
    Hahah shoo in daw sa 2023 sabi ng iba eh..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Balti needs a dribble move when the 3 is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    Ramos's problems in these past games is gonna be very hard to fix, seems to be mental...
    Maybe his giving way to thirdy.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    Ramos's problems in these past games is gonna be very hard to fix, seems to be mental...
    6'5 chris lutz

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    paint defense was a problem.

but too many TOs and bricked shots were tough to overcome also.

and admit it, ramos did not show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Dwiari is not that strong. Kai even held his ground against Boban. Dwiari just use his height against Kouame by shooting hook over him. Dwiari also is not that good of a defender, I dont think he can stop Kai. Dwiari strength is he has good moves in the post.
    Watch the Serbian gmae again. Kai cant contain Boban, thats why Koume is one guarding him. Dwari plays in Euro too and was a starting center for Fenerbahçe in Euro League. I dont know if DR bigs have that kind of experience.

I am talking about defense. Kai offense might be a problem for Dwari if Kai takes it from perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Maybe his giving way to thirdy.
    Tira nga ng tira nung 4th..nung saudi pa lang na checked na siya nun..and we bite tge trap they gave in jordan b game..

Back to back games we got eaten alive on the inside by Al Dwairi and Cameron Forte. Freddy Ibrahim also went showtime yet again.

SJ and RJ are better PGs than Dwit in this tournament. Kahapon ko pa napapansin, parang sa left side nya, never sya nag pasa ng bola. Puro sa right kaya lagi naaagawan.

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Watch the Serbian gmae again. Kai cant contain Boban, thats why Koume is one guarding him. Dwari plays in Euro too and was a starting center for Fenerbahçe in Euro League. I dont know if DR bigs have that kind of experience.
    Watch it again, Kai even got a steal in the post against Bobi.

For me, Dwiari is not the problem. Gilas contained him in the latter parts. Ibrahim and the timely hits of their guards took the win from us. That zone could have been used more to stop Dwiari and Forte earlier.

Wow, Ibrahim and Abu Hawas are still in their mid-20s. This team will be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by deku_midoriya View Post
    Dwari is not a good shotblocker. Kai will abuse him in offense
    i will agree on this more. kai will only be as effective as kouame in defending dwari if not worse.

but he can put drawi in foul trouble more than kouame can, and he can take dwari out of d paint better with his midrange, giving d others better chance at defensive rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Tira nga ng tira nung 4th..nung saudi pa lang na checked na siya nun..and we bite tge trap they gave in jordan b game..
    Well, not yesterday and this game.

Hahaha majority of bobi's points were against Anj. Wag bro mapapahiya ka.haha you could count it. i have a video of that. Stop discrediting kai.haha Kai is obviously gbest Gilas Big.

Bobi score at least 15 against anj more or less.haha against kai around 6.haha

I am talking about defense. Kai offense might be a problem for Dwari if Kai takes it from perimeter.
    Pointless man, they probably have no idea about Fener.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanBreezy View Post
    SJ and RJ are better PGs than Dwit in this tournament. Kahapon ko pa napapansin, parang sa left side nya, never sya nag pasa ng bola. Puro sa right kaya lagi naaagawan.
    SJ, Matt and RJ are better PGs yes. But their poor defense would just get exposed against these Jordanian guards. Dwight on the other hand is not yet ready to be a PG. His passing is too telegraphed resulting to easy steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    For me, Dwiari is not the problem. Gilas contained him in the latter parts. Ibrahim and the timely hits of their guards took the win from us. That zone could have been used more to stop Dwiari and Forte earlier.

Wow, Ibrahim and Abu Hawas are still in their mid-20s. This team will be a problem.
    Dwairi was the main problem because we cant contain him and we resort to double teaming him hence it opens their other players. All our effort were mostly directed to defending him. We were sendinv 2 to 4 players when he receive the ball and we were late for recovery.

As I said before Dwight explosiveness coming from his momentum runs. But he is not explosive in the half court and off the dribble. Laterals are not comparable to quicker guards. Needs to improve first step and explosiveness. Or maybe he is still injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Dwairi was the main problem because we cant contain him and we resort to double teaming him hence it opens their other players. All our effort were mostly directed to defending him. We were sendinv 2 to 4 players when he receive the ball and late for recovery.
    Add to that Forte. With Kai and Kouame manning the paint, I dont think those 2 will have their way like what they did in this tournament. Even the commentator knew it and he keep on mentioning Kai Sotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    SJ, Matt and RJ are better PGs yes. But their poor defense would just get exposed against these Jordanian guards. Dwight on the other hand is not yet ready to be a PG. His passing is too telegraphed resulting to easy steals.
    Nope matt played decent on ibrahim on one instance, and tab made the right move they just defend a spot up shooter which is bzai and thirdy dwight will guard freddy..

Checked the box score and what is surprising is that we only had 10 turnovers to Jordan's 18. 22-30 freethrows to Jordan compared to 7-10 to Gilas. Still we deserved to lose that game.

Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast