Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1559

Thread: Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    dont let your ego dictate your emotions. Im good gets
    )
    Someone needs to look at himself in the mirror.

But hey, iba rin ang narcissist. Such high opinion of themselves

I think the statement that Kai is good for only 5-6 minutes was after our first game Vs Korea. Understandable naman siguro dapat since Kai just came out from a 2 week quarantine. That's besides that his last tournament Was a year and a half ago. Take into consideration as well that Kai was tasked to defend at the perimeter. Put a 24 year old hadadi in the perimeter see if he won't get gassed up after 4 minutes
    ďThe urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.Ē
    ― H.L. Mencken

30min would be a stretch but I think 25 would still be okay specially on some games except the first game. The main indicator if Kai was really exhausted was if he would stop defending and his legs would look heavy. He would drag his steps when that happens. I didnt see that in all our 5 games. He was exhausted in the 2nd korean game but it wasnt the same than we used to see when he was younger. He was mostly has bounce and could still sprint in the game. You see that in the Serbia and Domrep game. He had a dunk late in the indo game.

Kai's 4th quarter minutes would be around 2-3. He could have played for 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I’m sorry but you lost me there. How is Kai replaceable on the first place? The point of my reply was there was really no comparison on the first place. Kai is irreplaceable owing to the fact that he’s occupying a local slot which is 1 of 11. It is either he’s available or not.

I mean if Carino somehow develops into a Dikembe, do you put him in the lineup in lieu of Kai? Di ba hindi? You simply cut someone else.

With Ange, the possibility of bringing in another naturalized is always there.
    You are right. Theoretically you are. But I dont think its easy to find a guy like Kouame and naturalize him. Good 7 foot defensive centers with decent wingspan are not a lot. Edu had to compensate with timing and vertical leap in order to be a good rim protector with his short wingspan. Then you have to have a decent BBIQ. Just imagine if McGee was naturalized how many Shaqting a fool moments he would have had with us. Then theres attitude and connection to our country. Kouame is replaceable but it would be hard to naturalize somebody like him or better. Kai is irreplaceable. But we can still be competitive without him. But without Kouame and the current level of Kai we would be a lot worse. Of course Kai is only 19 and we are hoping he improves on his weakness.

Point duon pwede ding mamali si tab. We stop stevy dont let your ego dictate your emotions. Im good gets ko fan ka ni Anj then ako fan ni Kai.haha

I would skip your post next time. Welcome to ibn if your a newbie.
    I am fan of Gilas, I am not biased to players man. I don't even watch the UAAP, I am more invested to videos about coaching hence why Zejko Obradovic is my favorite. When you have opinions of Mexico or TSF being better than the Euroleague or Dwairi being vastly inferior in skill to Kai and then claiming to posses vast basketball knowledge is rich man. Bahala kana man, there is no cure to arrogance.

I understand everything. I rarely say something that is out of tune or very far from reality.
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Caffaro you mean? Lol anyway they were saying he'll manhandle Kai at the world u19 perhaps because of what frolling did to Kai the year before. Well, look what Kai has become just a year after, held his own against frolling and sent Caffaro to the bench. Anyway I'll stop talking about Chet for now, I mean, we've seen it ,and the stats are there, but , I guess, until Kai faces him like he did to Makur, he'd remain better in the eyes of some people.
    I think there wasn’t any they. It was just Cocoy.

We’ve all seen Chet and it’s understandable that people would have varying impressions. I mean, it’s not like he dominated the competition. I agree that he definitely didn’t live up to the hype but disagree that he’s inferior to Kai right now. People would see what they wanna see, but all I hear about Chet from you guys are the obvious weakness of physicality. To make things worse, when people points out his obvious strengths like range, shotmaking capability, court vision, rim protection, the ability to contain the perimeter, efficiency, motor etc, people gets triggered and misconstrue it as a jab to Kai. Other posters just appreciate players other than Kai.

It is perfectly fine to put Kai ahead of everyone, IN YOUR OWN OPINION AND CONVICTION. For Kai and Philippines’ sake, I hope that the GMs and coaches of the 30 NBA teams share your optimism and enthusiasm and take Kai ahead of Chet come draft night. Even if I’d be proven wrong, believe me I’d be just as happy you guys are.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    I am fan of Gilas, I am not biased to players man. I don't even watch the UAAP, I am more invested to videos about coaching hence why Zejko Obradovic is my favorite. When you have opinions of Mexico or TSF being better than the Euroleague or Dwairi being vastly inferior in skill to Kai and then claiming to posses vast basketball knowledge is rich man. Bahala kana man, there is no cure to arrogance.

Sure.
    Im not arrogant. i was just defending my views and being confident should not be taken as arrogance. I didnt say that euroleague is equal to mexican league. I only say that the mexican league isnt too far and competition is also good. your just twisting my statements to serve your rebuttals. Kai's TSF as compare to Aj's level. Every year Kai's growth is exponential and this 19yr old Kai would be u19 MVP.

I think there wasn’t any they. It was just Cocoy.

We’ve all seen Chet and it’s understandable that people would have varying impressions. I mean, it’s not like he dominated the competition. I agree that he definitely didn’t live up to the hype but disagree that he’s inferior to Kai right now. People would see what they wanna see, but all I hear about Chet from you guys are the obvious weakness of physicality. To make things worse, when people points out his obvious strengths like range, shotmaking capability, court vision, rim protection, the ability to contain the perimeter, efficiency, motor etc, people gets triggered and misconstrue it as a jab to Kai. Other posters just appreciate players other than Kai.

It is perfectly fine to put Kai ahead of everyone, IN YOUR OWN OPINION AND CONVICTION. For Kai and Philippines’ sake, I hope that the GMs and coaches of the 30 NBA teams share your optimism and enthusiasm and take Kai ahead of Chet come draft night. Even if I’d be proven wrong, believe me I’d be just as happy you guys are.
    Kai has all the other traits that Chet has. Kai has a decent touch and that 3 will fall for sure. Kai could also dribble but both chet and Kai's dribble wont really be advantageous in the NBA because that is too high. Guards will feast on that hence the need to pick the dribble like what kai is doing when he drives. You also dont immediately say that Chet's passing is way better than Kai that is unacceptable. If you are still envisioning chet as KD, he wont be near that. Draft room already projected him to be like dirk. meaning he will be a stretch 4 and he would need a decent body at that position.

Kai has way better bball Iq, disciplined in defending, laterals, strength, post plays, ambidextrous, jumps higher, way more explosive and i think way faster when fresh. It is too many over chet hence the contention that he is better.

shotmaking ability? really chet better? shot blocking that was just against kids and u19 small guys. Contain the perimeter? his lateral was poor that is why I knew you didnt watch all of the games. You asked astigram if he was impress with Chet's lateral. Kai showed he could defend korean players and domrep.

People here still interacting to that clown? If you guys think you'll change his delusion, go ahead. Mirrors are not a thing. Gilas game is starting. Change of subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Rds View Post
    You are right. Theoretically you are. But I dont think its easy to find a guy like Kouame and naturalize him. Good 7 foot defensive centers with decent wingspan are not a lot. Edu had to compensate with timing and vertical leap in order to be a good rim protector with his short wingspan. Then you have to have a decent BBIQ. Just imagine if McGee was naturalized how many Shaqting a fool moments he would have had with us. Then theres attitude and connection to our country. Kouame is replaceable but it would be hard to naturalize somebody like him or better. Kai is irreplaceable. But we can still be competitive without him. But without Kouame and the current level of Kai we would be a lot worse. Of course Kai is only 19 and we are hoping he improves on his weakness.
    But we aren’t talking about skills and impact here but replaceability, between Kai and Ange. In that regard, even if Ange and his skillset happens to have more impact for Gilas, the fact still remains that between the two, Ange is more dispensable.

You are talking in general context regarding whether Ange should be replaced or not, which is an entirely different thing.

Im not arrogant. i was just defending my views and being confident should not be taken as arrogance. I didnt say that euroleague is equal to mexican league. I only say that the mexican league isnt too far and competition is also good. your just twisting my statements to serve your rebuttals. Kai's TSF as compare to Aj's level. Every year Kai's growth is exponential and this 19yr old Kai would be u19 MVP.
    There is no need to twist your statements. People can look it up. I am simply taking your statements out. Mexican League is close to the Euro league? not even close. TSF is also inferior compared to NCAA Division 1

this 19yr old Kai would be u19 MVP.
    The U19 MVP has to be from the most consistent player of the winning team. Which is why Victor lost this award even if he had better numbers. For Kai to be the MVP aside from his numbers his team would have to win u19. Arguably he can be all tournament if he can lead them to the quarterfinals.

Good start for SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupitersa View Post
    People here still interacting to that clown? If you guys think you'll change his delusion, go ahead. Mirrors are not a thing. Gilas game is starting. Change of subject.
    Thank you for reminding me, I forgot about the game.

Looks like the "Unli 3 points" commentator is back. SJ playing well to start the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    There is no need to twist your statements. People can look it up. I am simply taking your statements out. Mexican League is close to the Euro league? not even close. TSF is also inferior compared to NCAA Division 1

The U19 MVP has to be from the most consistent player of the winning team. Which is why Victor lost this award even if he had better numbers. For Kai to be the MVP aside from his numbers his team would have to win u19. Arguably he can be all tournament if he can lead them to the quarterfinals.
    MVP meaning best player. Victor was best player. Kai for sure would be u19 best player. No one could stop Kai in that tournament. Kai's TSF performance was great because even chet and mobley didnt produce such dominance and monstrous numbers majority of the time.

To make things worse, when people points out his obvious strengths like range, shotmaking capability, court vision, rim protection, the ability to contain the perimeter, efficiency, motor etc, people gets triggered and misconstrue it as a jab to Kai.
    Can you quote me on that, even one single post during and post recently concluded u19?
    ďThe urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.Ē
    ― H.L. Mencken

sayang, na-buzzer beater pa.

Kai has all the other traits that Chet has. Kai has a decent touch and that 3 will fall for sure. Kai could also dribble but both chet and Kai's dribble wont really be advantageous in the NBA because that is too high. Guards will feast on that hence the need to pick the dribble like what kai is doing when he drives. You also dont immediately say that Chet's passing is way better than Kai that is unacceptable. If you are still envisioning chet as KD, he wont be near that. Draft room already projected him to be like dirk. meaning he will be a stretch 4 and he would need a decent body at that position.

Kai has way better bball Iq, disciplined in defending, laterals, strength, post plays, ambidextrous, jumps higher, way more explosive and i think way faster when fresh. It is too many over chet hence the contention that he is better.
    See? For a self proclaimed smart guy, you are blinded by your fanaticism and misconstrue things that are written. Did I say Chet is a better passer than Kai? I elaborated Chetís strengths and you take it as a jab against Kai. This is the very reason why I donít bother to put out arguments and instead gave you a hint of what people have observed of you as being delusional (Adelaide tinkering their lineup for Kai, Kai having his way against Kardo, etc.). It is clear no amount of discussion would ever make you even simply acknowledge whatís being said on the other side. You have reached THAT point. Try giving a conscious effort on how defensive you become whenever you see anything not favorable to Kai.

Your arguments and points are well taken. But it is better you put it out with facts as premise rather than assumptions like Kaiís 3ís would eventually fall or Chet would have trouble gaining weight. For now, let us just enjoy the freedom of believing what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Can you quote me on that, even one single post during and post recently concluded u19?
    Not you. Some people.

wtf ravena... at free throws parang ben simons -2.0

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast