Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Basketball Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    I actually have kind of rule for my team, all 3's are catch and shoot, off a pass , not of a dribble, while obviosuly that isn't a hard rule.. it is what a coach is looking for. statistics show % of 3's taken of catch and shoot from a pass are much higher than off the dribble.
    I’ve seen alot of these gameplans in euro teams and to boomers as well.
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Let see in Wednesday game if Iran will lose only single digit.
    A win is a win even though it’s single or double digit win.
    All i’m saying is that we could put gilas in discussion if they are actually participating in this olympics.
    It’s like we’re hyping gilas everytime at the expense of other asian teams’ performance.
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    Hahaha LOL
    Why not? We can even almost beat Serbians couple of weeks ago.. Coach Tab loves underdog status.. He can surprise you anytime...

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Let see in Wednesday game if Iran will lose only single digit.
    Upsets are anywhere.. Maybe Iran can give USA run for their money.. As if Iran are afraid on USA? I will cheer for underdogs to win even they are heavily unfavored...

It this age , there are really no more moral victories, also upsets happen , every team loses some games, and a win over a higher ranked team , just means the team was better on the night, it's still consistency and overall record that matters. and on that team USA is still the best nation in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    https://youtu.be/hlCeK5GHuQo

Good video about the Japanese olympic team, looks like the status quo with the Philippines-Japan in basketball is about to be broken. Japan really got to where we wanted to be sooner than we did. They actually got 6'3-6'5 combo guards before us, while we only really have Dwight as a proven big guard they already got a Tanaka, Baba and Hiejima, they also got nba calibre talents in their 3-4 position while we have none and if pinoy coaches still have a say, we'd probably still be putting Pogoy, CBC and Abueva against those 2. Fortunately Tab's lineup and system seems to be built to compensate for the significantly improved size and talent of the Japanese team as well as the rest of Asia. There really isn't anymore reasons to put ill-prepared, significantly less talented pba midget wings in place of Tamayo, Baltazar and Navarro coming into 2023 as well as Francis Lopez, Kobe Paras and Cholo Annonuevo as combo guards. I do hope AJ Edu recovers fully and Kenmark Cariño develops into a serviceable player as these 2 currently are the ones I'm seeing as Watanabe stoppers.
    However, who is gonna try to stop Hachimura? Kai? Maybe Edu if he can commit to us long-term?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Why not? We can even almost beat Serbians couple of weeks ago.. Coach Tab loves underdog status.. He can surprise you anytime...
    We almost beat the Serbians with their three best players at the time sitting out and without Jokic and Bogdanovic. I don't see us coming close, let alone beating Serbia at full strength. I guess the global pandemic made it difficult if not impossible for all NTs to put up their full-strength lineups.
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Tim Legler about US vs European basketball. He touched the issue of "my turn, your turn" within the Team USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    Tim Legler about US vs European basketball. He touched the issue of "my turn, your turn" within the Team USA.
    Stephen A. Smith on the thumbnail? Really?

KD was and will never be on the level of the all-time greats, this performance by Team USA just confirms it to me. Had he stayed in OKC and toughed it out like Dirk did in DAL or Giannis in MIL, I would have a higher opinion of him even if he never wins a ring in OKC. But since he hopped into a championship team to get his rings and tried to do it again by forming a superteam in BKN, he will always be a shameless ring-chaser to me.

On the defense of ring-chasers like Durant, when people like Shaq who won multiple championships on stacked Lakers and Miami teams talk crap to people like Barkley who never won a ring even on a superteam like he had in Houston, you should know by now the lengths players could go to get a championship even if it ruins the game. Because only rings matter and apparently, freaking Patrick McCaw is better than Steve Nash because the former was riding the bench on three championship teams while the latter had to lead the Suns through a brutal Western conference for a chance to get a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    However, who is gonna try to stop Hachimura? Kai? Maybe Edu if he can commit to us long-term?
    That is easy. Balti. That is the reason he is being trained as an SF. 6'8 long arms. Our most mobile big, if you consider him a big. Of course he is just months into that position. Hachimura has probably been trained in perimeter skills since at least HS.

Argentina vs Slovenia right now

link: https://www.olympicstreams.me/men-s-...live-stream/1/
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Argentina vs Slovenia right now

link: https://www.olympicstreams.me/men-s-...live-stream/1/
    Lol Luka with 17 points in the first quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Lol Luka with 17 points in the first quarter
    haha one man team! he's gonna will Slovenia to the medal rds

Luka now with 25 pts, 2nd quarter still not done !

edit: 31 pts for the 1st half, haha
    Last edited by CoJ; 07-26-2021 at 05:33 AM.
    Ducks fly together!

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    haha one man team! he's gonna will Slovenia to the medal rds

Luka now with 25 pts, 2nd quarter still not done !
    not really good for slovenia moving forward.

im rooting for them cos im a mavs fan since the time of steve nash and i think they have a chance to play in d medal rounds.

overreliance on luka and weak frontcourt depth are their biggest limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post

im rooting for them cos im a mavs fan since the time of steve nash and i think they have a chance to play in d medal rounds.

They should have convinced Goran Dragic to play one last time. Imagine Goran, his twin Zoran, Luka, Toby, Prepelic and Blazic.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post

true, this is the very reason why they didnt qualify for 2019 FIBA WC, w/o Luka Slovenia is crap
    Ducks fly together!

USA missed the services of Curry, Klay, Iggy, D. Jordan, Faried and Dwight Howard alot.

Curry, Klay and Iggy are all good off-ball players. They can make impact even without the ball. Imagine, guards that can give you off and on-ball screens. In addition, they have a reliable 3 pointers. With Draymond and KD, they really make wonders in the Olympics.

They also need someone like Faried - another player that does not need to hold the ball alot. He is there to clean the offensive glass.

D. Jordan and Dwight are good PNR rollman. They are also mobile enough to defend. They don't need to hold too long to be effective.

Nice trivia from the commentator.

If the original Yugoslavia did not break up, these players will be playing for the same team today:

Doncic
    Jokic
    Bogdanovic, Bogdan
    Bogdanovic, Bojan
    Dragic
    Marjanovic
    Hezonja
    Bjelica
    Teodosic
    Petrusev
    Andusic
    Prepelic

Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia will be just 1 team. Easily a Medal Team every tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Nice trivia from the commentator.

If the original Yugoslavia did not break up, these players will be playing for the same team today:

Doncic
    Jokic
    Bogdanovic 1
    Bogdanovic 2
    Dragic
    Marjanovic
    Hezonja
    Bjelica
    Teodosic

Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia will be just 1 team.
    Vucevic, Dario Saric, Nurkic
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

night's over for luka, 48 pts and 11 rebs

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast