2021 Basketball Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Basketball Olympics

Nigeria upsets USA basketball in an exibition game. Will they continue to overcome USA at the official game in the olympics? We will find out.

Soon, basketball will be for everyone in the NBA. Not just Americans and a few europians.

And Kai Sotto could be the one paving the way for Filipinos in the NBA.

Everyone is already catching up with USA. Its not so uneven anymore. Remember, they got beat in the world cup? Well, it continues.

Its a battle of skills now and not speed and athleticism.

Originally posted by robert0326
    Not just that.. preparation is the key for success.. 10 days preparation is not enough.. other Olympic teams are already set up their line up in memory.. they are teammates for years already.. it's a shame that team USA didn't treat international tournaments seriously.. but it is good for international basketball.. that means basketball popularity will be on all time high if competition is equal.. just like football..
    Just look at those Nigerians. They look like NBA players too. Its crazy. And pretty much all black.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
      Just look at those Nigerians. They look like NBA players too. Its crazy. And pretty much all black.
      Nigeria is a west african country so based on demographics, it's pretty much expected they'll field an all-black line-up, with several Nigerian-Americans from the NBA as well.

Comment

They not only look like NBA players. A lot of players from that Nigerian team has played or plays in the NBA. Josh Okogie, Epke Udoh, Chimezie Metu, Jahlil Okafor, Gabe Vincent... Seeing their roster, more than half of them were born overseas in the USA. I'm wondering if all of them got their passports below the age of 16.

Comment

i think 8 of their players are currently in the NBA, I wonder how they were able to get FIBA clearance to play as most of them probably did not get their passports at age 16 (Nigeria please teach us how it us done)

Comment

Not just that.. preparation is the key for success.. 10 days preparation is not enough.. other Olympic teams are already set up their line up in memory.. they are teammates for years already.. it's a shame that team USA didn't treat international tournaments seriously.. but it is good for international basketball.. that means basketball popularity will be on all time high if competition is equal.. just like football..
            and the PBA thinks that the NBA model of sending a team composed of stars with minimal preparation and chemistry could get it done

Comment

all groupings are tough but i think japan is in d toughest group.

Comment

I am rooting for other team to win as well other than USA.

Show them that chemistry wins a basketball game. I dont care if your team has 5 Lebron James or 5 Kobe Bryant or Mj. If you dont have chemistry, your team sucks. Thats why Ateneo won the uaap because of chemistry.

Comment

My Olympic rankings as of the moment
                  1. Spain (They are battle ready now)
                  2. Australia (Also the same, Good decision that they not include Simmons)
                  3. France (They are also same as Spain and Australia)
                  4. USA (chemistry issues, They are not ready yet, If the tournament held today, They will be on trouble right now)
                  5. Slovenia (Also have chance to make F4, As long how Doncic will bring to them)
                  6. Nigeria (with the way how they beat USA, they have a shot to win a medal)
                  7. Argentina (Also a contender team, They can beat any teams)
                  8. Czech Republic (How will Satoranski will bring to his team?)
                  9. Italy (Will Gallinari and Bellineli play?)
                  10. Germany (Is Shroder and Theis will play?)
                  11. Japan (Best Asian team if they are all healthy and complete)
                  12. Iran (They just happy to be there already, maybe will use as tune up games for upcoming FIBA Asia cup next month)
                  Not sure about Theis but Germany was better without Schroeder because they adopted a more team-oriented defensive playstyle. Kung nandyan si Schroeder malamang mag-hero ball lang yan when the game is on the line.

Would Iran use this as the last Olympics for the Big 3 of their Golden Generation (Haddadi, Bahrami, and Kamrani)?

Anyone but the US winning the gold is good enough for me, just to show the world that while talent alone can win games, it is teamwork, chemistry, and a good system that wins championship trophies and medals.
                  Originally posted by gideon
                  Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

kinda weird seeing team USA losing two in a row in friendlies, i know its just a exhibition game but, a team composed of a former NBA MVP in Duran and multiple time all nba-er in Lillard plus all defensive team awardees Adebayo and Green shouldn't lose (on paper)
                    Last edited by CoJ; 07-13-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

In the last few mins of the game, you could tell the ball movement wasnt there with US while AUS was playing like a team...cutting, passing, rotating the ball etc. AUS was playing good good basketball and US looked like it's their first time playing on court and like they are used to playing in the streets or something. That's how terrible US was in that game. At least that's what I saw in the last few mins of the game.

Comment

Ayaw niyo nun best team papadala nila sa Pinas
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Ayaw niyo nun best team papadala nila sa Pinas
                          yeah, i hope they create a redeem team v2 for 2023 and not send b stars to compete

Comment

Team USA's roster composition and play is what not to do in International play:

No wing defenders, no true big men, no playmakers, a bunch of one-on-one hero ball guys, foul seekers and guys who hide on defense.

Team Usa's advantage was all 5 starters can play intense defense and overwhelm you with athleticism. The 12 man roster gave depth to have intense full court press that led to easy transition points. This current squad is 04 bronze like.

Historically Team USA who medaled gold always destroys during exhibitions.

Pop getting exposed like PBA coaches lol

Comment

Originally posted by anon9000 View Post
                              Team USA's roster composition and play is what not to do in International play:

No wing defenders, no true big men, no playmakers, a bunch of one-on-one hero ball guys, foul seekers and guys who hide on defense.

Team Usa's advantage was all 5 starters can play intense defense and overwhelm you with athleticism. The 12 man roster gave depth to have intense full court press that led to easy transition points. This current squad is 04 bronze like.

Historically Team USA who medaled gold always destroys during exhibitions.

Pop getting exposed like PBA coaches lol
                              Yes. I dont understand their lineup. I thought they learned from lessons in the past. They cant win without good big defensive centers. Undersized 6'8 centers dont succeed internationally.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information